Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin 2011 Europa League The Final-Rangers

• 12-12-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Ok people of Dublin. If Glasgow Rangers were to make it to the final of the Europa League in Dublin-what would happen?They've played a few dub teams in Uefa comps in the past and small bit of trouble etc.But if they got to the semi finals would it be in their best interests to lose? as opposed to 50-60,000 Rangers fans waving union jacks in O'Connell St for the final?I personally have no love for rangers . Some of their support are an absolute pack of ****ebags-(manchester 2008).Its not impossible that they reach another final.But its Dublin this year.If they reached the final it would be mayhem.Im not condoning violence-but it would be crazy..Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    I personally have no love for rangers

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

If they did reach the final.. Iam sure the policing of the garda be second to none and they be able for any trouble makers that do arrive in Dublin.
    The thoughts of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im sure there will be enough of the likes of Parkhead67 to welcome them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

If they did reach the final.. Iam sure the policing of the garda be second to none and they be able for any trouble makers that do arrive in Dublin.
    The thoughts of it.
    Itd be 60'000 troublesome lads though. Id be a gaard for the day if they gave me an aul baytin shtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

Itd be 60'000 troublesome lads though. Id be a gaard for the day if they gave me an aul baytin shtick.

I thought you said you don't condone violence ? ! :D

• Advertisement

Pauleta wrote: »
    Im sure there will be enough of the likes of Parkhead67 to welcome them :rolleyes:
    Only if the gardai require my services for baitin lads who require baitin...:D

Itd be 60'000.

Hardly

wexfordia wrote: »
    I thought you said you don't condone violence ? ! :D
    I dont. Except when provoked.couple a shlaps never hurt no one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I can't see it happening so no point worrying about it. Though if it did happen i would be sure there would be huge security put in to make sure as little trouble as possible happens. "What if" threads are pretty ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Opinions?

Unlikely, Rangers are sh!t on a stick and celtic can only aspire to be so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There was murder after we beat them 3 - 2.

That video doesn't even show what it was like after the match. I also wouldn't have any confidence in our police service, an awful lot of the trouble you hear about at LOI matches is sparked by police going out looking for trouble, and as a result they cause it (e.g. The LUAS incident in Tallaght after the Setanta Cup Final)

MOG7 wrote: »
    I can't see it happening so no point worrying about it. Though if it did happen i would be sure there would be huge security put in to make sure as little trouble as possible happens. "What if" threads are pretty ridiculous.
    I know what you mean but stranger things have happened.People will still vote Fianna fail? You know what I mean?Inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

really worth talking about when there are still 32 teams left?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

But if they got to the semi finals would it be in their best interests to lose?

Yes, it would. :rolleyes:

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Unlikely, Rangers are sh!t on a stick and celtic can only aspire to be so.
    A your a gas aul cailin. Who dou you glory hunt as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've more of a chance of sex with Cheryl Cole than Rangers do of getting to the Europa League final.

T'would be a bit of craic if they got to the final, though.:pac:

wut :confused:

rangers are rubbish and celtic are worse. I thought this was accepted common knowledge. rangers to dublin is not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The deciding question for UEFA is that would the Garda be able to guarantee the safety of the traveling fans? Im not sure they can and the final will most likely have to be moved.

wut :confused:

rangers are rubbish and celtic are worse. I thought this was accepted common knowledge. rangers to dublin is not going to happen.
    Ok.The EPL is hyped to the moon and stars obviously. Rangers are rubbish???(Im a celtic fan)-they drew with man u at OT and only lost 1-0 at Hunbox.Celtic have beaten Man U @ CP in CL,have knocked Liverpool, and Bburn Rovers out of Europe in recent years.Dont talk this aul ****e. Who do you glory hunt? You never answered my question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The irony from this post is overpowering.

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The irony from this post is overpowering.
    Why?

Ok.The EPL is hyped to the moon and stars obviously. Rangers are rubbish???(Im a celtic fan)-they drew with man u at OT and only lost 1-0 at Hunbox.Celtic have beaten Man U @ CP in CL,have knocked Liverpool, and Bburn Rovers out of Europe in recent years.Dont talk this aul ****e. Who do you glory hunt? You never answered my question.

Hunbox? Proves how ridiculous any of your posts are concerning Celtic or Rangers.
    Did Rangers touch the ball in United's half at OT?
    They knocked out Liverpool and Blackburn(:pac:) in 2003, that's at least one complete turnover of a team between then and now, Celtic have severely gone down hill since then.

Scottish football is sh!t. Don't take my word for it or Skys or whatever. who do i support. wtf :confused: I am talking about the liklihood of rangers getting to Dublin and the fact its likely they won't.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2011.html

anywho, good luck with your rangers bashing.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hunbox? Proves how ridiculous any of your posts are concerning Celtic or Rangers.
    Did Rangers touch the ball in United's half at OT?
    They knocked out Liverpool and Blackburn(:pac:) in 2003, that's at least one complete turnover of a team between then and now, Celtic have severely gone down hill since then.
    OK matey. I'll speak as a Celtic fan. (Forget the fact that the "best player in the best (HYPED UP) league in the world cant score against a "scottish team" in open play).The premiership is a bursting bubble. All the best players are foreign.- The last few competitive matches between scottish and english teams in europe-Check the results when it comes to celtic or rangers v the best of Engerrrland. Go back to the 60's and 70's if you want.Celtic have a very good record against english teams. (Wiki it).Who do you "SUPPORT"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd be more upset if Celtic were in it to be honest.

Scottish football is sh!t. Don't take my word for it or Skys or whatever. who do i support. wtf :confused: I am talking about the liklihood of rangers getting to Dublin and the fact its likely they won't.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2011.html

anywho, good luck with your rangers bashing.
    Ok Whatever, have you the balls to tell me who you support?

CSF wrote: »
    Good girl. Dont forget to put on yor bonjella before you hit the pillow.Good little girl:rolleyes:

CSF wrote: »

DINNY WORRY

The premiership is a competitive bursting bubble.

FYP.

and IBTL

• Advertisement

OK matey. I'll speak as a Celtic fan. (Forget the fact that the "best player in the best (HYPED UP) league in the world cant score against a "scottish team" in open play).The premiership is a bursting bubble. All the best players are foreign.- The last few competitive matches between scottish and english teams in europe-Check the results when it comes to celtic or rangers v the best of Engerrrland. Go back to the 60's and 70's if you want.Celtic have a very good record against english teams. (Wiki it).Who do you "SUPPORT"?

Please tell where I have said that the Premier League is the best league in the world? I prefer to La Liga and Bundesliga games as a neutral, tbh.
    Have a Scottish team gone further than the last 16 in the CL?

I honestly don't give a shít about the past, except for the Old Firm, the SPL is no better than the LoI and that is extremely hampering their ability to do anything of note in Europe.

I support Man United in the UK. Problem with that? Cause I bet you're no more Glasweigan than I am Mancunian.

Ok Whatever, have you the balls to tell me who you support?

Who cares who he supports it means nothing in this arguement. I follow Celtic myself but i have to say and i would think a lot more Celtic fans would agree that Celtic and Rangers are pretty s**t. As jaykays link showed Scotland is now 15th in the UEFA rankings, and we are struggling to beat some teams in that league, Celtic, Rangers and the SPL are on a big slide. Oh and you're Man Utd v Rangers arguement is a bit silly Man Utd finished the group on 14pts and Rangers only finished with 6.

DINNY WORRY
    Exactly. We only concentrate on the big one-1967-FIRST BRITISH TEAM T LIFT THE EUROPEAN CUP. Man U won it in 69 and bought it subsequentelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good girl. Dont forget to put on yor bonjella before you hit the pillow.Good little girl:rolleyes:
    Dose of tourettes there?

We only concentrate on the big one

You couldn't even beat a mediocre Eredivisie team to get into the Europa League this year.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Who cares who he supports it means nothing in this arguement. I follow Celtic myself but i have to say and i would think a lot more Celtic fans would agree that Celtic and Rangers are pretty s**t. As jaykays link showed Scotland is now 15th in the UEFA rankings, and we are struggling to beat some teams in that league, Celtic, Rangers and the SPL are on a big slide. Oh and you're Man Utd v Rangers arguement is a bit silly Man Utd finished the group on 14pts and Rangers only finished with 6.
    I agree celtic + rangers are gone down a bit but united are pretty ****e too. Offering O shea 80 grand a week??? I hate this Epl supporter smugness.if Celtic+rangers were in the epl earning the sky money they'd rip united a new arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Exactly. We only concentrate on the big one-1967-FIRST BRITISH TEAM T LIFT THE EUROPEAN CUP. Man U won it in 69 and bought it subsequentelly.

Is that what you're basing it on that they are still alike? You are full of sh1te. Hope Rangers make the EL Final. There would be carnage on the streets of Dublin with the bad element Rangers have and the scum who would come out to cause trouble with their Celtic jerseys.

Twould be gas.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You couldn't even beat a mediocre Eredivisie team to get into the Europa League this year.
    Ya but wigan are gettin 5 times the tv money then we are. Its ridiculous and something will happen soon enough.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is that what you're basing it on that they are still alike? You are full of sh1te. Hope Rangers make the EL Final. There would be carnage on the streets of Dublin with the bad element Rangers have and the scum who would come out to cause trouble with their Celtic jerseys.

Twould be gas.
    I have no clue what your on about. EXPLAIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I have no clue what our on about. EXPLAIN.

Welcome to my world when I read your posts.

I agree celtic + rangers are gone down a bit but united are pretty ****e too. Offering O shea 80 grand a week??? I hate this Epl supporter smugness.if Celtic+rangers were in the epl earning the sky money they'd rip united a new arsehole.

Who cares about Man Utd? Nobody brought them into this as it has nothing to do with Rangers playing in the Aviva. Celtic in the EPL, if's, but's and maybe's aren't great in arguements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

They havn't a notion of getting to the final so it's a pointless thread. One of the most negative teams I've seen play in a long time. Say they draw e.g. Zenit, they'll be trounced. Plus, Kenny Miller looks like some sort of mutant man so he wouldn't be welcome anyway.

Celtic are sh**e also and don't use TV money as an excuse. Your sh**eness is the only excuse for ye being so sh**e.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    They havn't a notion of getting to the final so it's a pointless thread. One of the most negative teams I've seen play in a long time. Say they draw e.g. Zenit, they'll be trounced. Plus, Kenny Miller looks like some sort of mutant man so he wouldn't be welcome anyway.

Thats how they got to the final in 2008 to be fair.

It may be negative football but they can contain teams

Twould be gas.
    O now I get it-Your sad coz celtic beat ye to it. How long you being following utd.? (I ask this to all Utd fans coz most of my utd following friends supported liverpool throughout the 80s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

O now I get it-Your sad coz celtic beat ye to it. How long you being following utd.? (I ask this to all Utd fans coz most of my utd following friends supported liverpool throughout the 80s).

He is a Shels fan AFAIK....

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Celtic are sh**e also and don't use TV money as an excuse. Your sh**eness is the only excuse for ye being so sh**e.
    Your a smart buchaill. educated in the house of retardation.

apoch632 wrote: »
    Thats how they got to the final in 2008 to be fair.

It may be negative football but they can contain teams
    Yes but to be fair the SPL has declined rapidly since then. Celtic were beating United and putting it up to AC Milan. Now they can't beat Utrecht. Rangers are the best team in Scotland by a mile but they won't get to the final, imo.

Welcome to my world when I read your posts.
    and vice versa

Your a smart buchaill. educated in the house of retardation.
    Yes, Europe after Xmas is wonderful isn't it?

And that has to do with what, exactly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement