Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin 2011 Europa League The Final-Rangers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Yes but to be fair the SPL has declined rapidly since then. Celtic were beating United and putting it up to AC Milan. Now they can't beat Utrecht. Rangers are the best team in Scotland by a mile but they won't get to the final, imo.
    If you think rangers are the best team in scotland you have clearly been brought up in a mental asylum.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    If you think rangers are the best team in scotland you have clearly been brought up in a mental asylum.:D

Or he has actually paid attention to the last two seasons of Scottish football and noticed they won the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who convincingly won the last Old Firm game?
    Actually kinda hurts me to say that considering I follow Celtic.:o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They only spanked Celtic in their own ground recently.

Run along now lad and sing your anti-hun songs with your catholic friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

The mental asylum called the real world is it? I'd say Park Head is the mental asylum these days. It must be depressing hearing the roars from Ibrox on European nights. Rangers attracting Valencia and United and putting it up to them. When is the last time Celtic won away in Europe?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Who convincingly won the last Old Firm game?
    Actually kinda hurts me to say that considering I follow Celtic.:o:pac:
    You "follow" Celtic.Hmmmmm...........................................Are you Hugh Dallas?;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Personally i hope Rangers get there, win it and their fans behave impeccably. Moreso i hope the win all trophies again in scotland this year. But that'll probably happen anyways... Maybe Inver will mount some kind of title charge...

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    They only spanked Celtic in their own ground recently.

Run along now lad and sing your anti-hun songs with your catholic friends.
    Oo I say Billy boy.Are you bringing religion in to the equation? Are you perhaps a "BIGOT"?? dare I say?

You "follow" Celtic.Hmmmmm...........................................Are you Hugh Dallas?;)

Yes I do. I do wonder why I associate myself with supporting Celtic, considering some of the idiots that wear the gear. Wouldn't call them supporters because they probably still think Henrik Larsson is playing up front.

No, I'm baz2009.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Personally i hope Rangers get there, win it and their fans behave impeccably. Moreso i hope the win all trophies again in scotland this year. But that'll probably happen anyways... Maybe Inver will mount some kind of title charge...
    Thats the typical Scottish response shur. Mon the gers. "We hate the taigs but whisper it". Good lad anyway. for your honesty.

Oo I say Billy boy.Are you bringing religion in to the equation? Are you perhaps a "BIGOT"?? dare I say?
    Ok.The EPL is hyped to the moon and stars obviously. Rangers are rubbish???(Im a celtic fan)-they drew with man u at OT and only lost 1-0 at Hunbox.Celtic have beaten Man U @ CP in CL,have knocked Liverpool, and Bburn Rovers out of Europe in recent years.Dont talk this aul ****e. Who do you glory hunt? You never answered my question.

Yeah, Oatesy's the bigot.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yeah I'm the one bringing religion into it. The Rangers - Celtic rivalry is only fueled by it..

Oh and Hunbox doesn't make you a bigot?

Feck me.

Well you called them Huns not 15 posts ago so...
    Your arguments are flawed anyway. If Celtic got more TV money they might be able to overcome the mighty Inverness alright but they would never win anything in Europe. Moreso, they shouldn't be allowed into the EPL because they'd just be cannon fodder for the likes of Stoke and Blackpool. Now Blackpool would rip Celtic a grand, wide new arsehole as you would say yourself, Mr. More-educated-than-myself.

Yes I do. I do wonder why I associate myself with supporting Celtic, considering some of the idiots that wear the gear. Wouldn't call them supporters because they probably still think Henrik Larsson is playing up front.

No, I'm baz2009.
    Ni thuighim- I do not understand.What are you on about? If your goin on about the assholes who still think that Larrsson is playin-I know what you mean.Thers some awful clowns out there.Literally..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ni thuighim- I do not understand.What are you on about? If your goin on about the assholes who still think that Larrsson is playin-I know what you mean.Thers some awful clowns out there.Literally..
    Yeah definitely.

• Advertisement

I don't particularly want the Celtic supporting scumbag stereotype to fall on me.
    And yes, there are people out there who would say they support Celtic and wear the latest tracksuit whilst never having heard of Paddy McCourt or Gary Hooper.

Well you called them Huns not 15 posts ago so...
    Your arguments are flawed anyway. If Celtic got more TV money they might be able to overcome the mighty Inverness alright but they would never win anything in Europe. Moreso, they shouldn't be allowed into the EPL because they'd just be cannon fodder for the likes of Stoke and Blackpool. Now Blackpool would rip Celtic a grand, wide new arsehole as you would say yourself, Mr. More-educated-than-myself.
    My arguments flawed?????????????Your arguments so silly,I feel sorry for you.Keep watching the EPL, keep believing the hype etc.Last time celtic met an english team in competition twas the uefa cup quarters.Celtic won 2-0 . Look. Stop comparing blackpool with celtic ffs.Most of the other posters would be embarrassed with that.You probably watch the premiership on rte and dats dat.The holy grail premiership.FFS.Barca.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My arguments flawed?????????????Your arguments so silly,I feel sorry for you.Keep watching the EPL, keep believing the hype etc.Last time celtic met an english team in competition twas the uefa cup quarters.Celtic won 2-0 . Look. Stop comparing blackpool with celtic ffs.Most of the other posters would be embarrassed with that.You probably watch the premiership on rte and dats dat.The holy grail premiership.FFS.Barca.:pac:

Your star striker made his name with Scunthorpe. Seriously. Stop.

I don't particularly want the Celtic supporting scumbag stereotype to fall on me.
    And yes, there are people out there who would say they support Celtic and wear the latest tracksuit whilst never having heard of Paddy McCourt or Gary Hooper.
    I know the type.Im always embarrassed by em.:o

Barca are in La Liga.:confused:
    And from looking his username and location, I'm guessing he's a Galway United fan.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Your star striker made his name with Scunthorpe. Seriously. Stop.
    he 22.Seriously.Stop. WTF?? Hes a very decent striker as Im sure you know.We dont all have 22 million to spend on aluxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Gone off track a bit..
    Stupid thread

Barca are in La Liga.:confused:
    And from looking his username and location, I'm guessing he's a Galway United fan.
    Jesus wept.I Blooody know hes a GUFC fan.HOly mother of christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

he 22.Seriously.Stop. WTF?? Hes a very decent striker as Im sure you know.We dont all have 22 million to spend on aluxury.

Eh no. He's an ok striker who excels in a league which is a kin to the League Of Ireland without the Old Firm.

Then why did you say that he would have though that the EPL was the..

Awh fcuk it I couldn't be arsed.:pac:

Yep I do watch it on telly as I can't afford to go over to England every weekend. What hype do i believe? La Liga is the best league in the world imo, but I can't afford that either. I can afford LOI, but sadly it's the off season isn't it? Or would you even know? Probably not but ya do now. What year was that Uefa Cup quarters out of interest?

Also Blackpool bet Liverpool. Are you suggesting Celtic would beat Liverpool at Anfield?

Your main argument at the start was that you hate EPL lovers and if Celtic had the TV money they'd be ripping United new arseholes left right and centre. Why did Aiden McGeady leave anyway? All the abuse he was getting was it? SPL is a petty league which revolves around bigotry among certain clubs, as shown by you calling Ibrox a "Hunbox." That doesn't mean EPL is the best league in the world. But it is far far better than SPL. Surely even you can agree with that?

Wow which LOI club do you follow so? Or do you just say Celtic is an Irish club?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ok people of Dublin. If Glasgow Rangers were to make it to the final of the Europa League in Dublin-what would happen?They've played a few dub teams in Uefa comps in the past and small bit of trouble etc.But if they got to the semi finals would it be in their best interests to lose? as opposed to 50-60,000 Rangers fans waving union jacks in O'Connell St for the final?I personally have no love for rangers . Some of their support are an absolute pack of ****ebags-(manchester 2008).Its not impossible that they reach another final.But its Dublin this year.If they reached the final it would be mayhem.Im not condoning violence-but it would be crazy..Opinions?

My opinion is the thread was not started to discuss football tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

It's just not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Ok people of Dublin. If Glasgow Rangers were to make it to the final of the Europa League in Dublin-what would happen?They've played a few dub teams in Uefa comps in the past and small bit of trouble etc.But if they got to the semi finals would it be in their best interests to lose? as opposed to 50-60,000 Rangers fans waving union jacks in O'Connell St for the final?I personally have no love for rangers . Some of their support are an absolute pack of ****ebags-(manchester 2008).Its not impossible that they reach another final.But its Dublin this year.If they reached the final it would be mayhem.Im not condoning violence-but it would be crazy..Opinions?
    Itd be 60'000 troublesome lads though. Id be a gaard for the day if they gave me an aul baytin shtick.
    Only if the gardai require my services for baitin lads who require baitin...:D
    I dont. Except when provoked.couple a shlaps never hurt no one.:D
    I know what you mean but stranger things have happened.People will still vote Fianna fail? You know what I mean?Inexplicable.
    A your a gas aul cailin. Who dou you glory hunt as a matter of interest?
    Ok.The EPL is hyped to the moon and stars obviously. Rangers are rubbish???(Im a celtic fan)-they drew with man u at OT and only lost 1-0 at Hunbox.Celtic have beaten Man U @ CP in CL,have knocked Liverpool, and Bburn Rovers out of Europe in recent years.Dont talk this aul ****e. Who do you glory hunt? You never answered my question.
    Why?
    OK matey. I'll speak as a Celtic fan. (Forget the fact that the "best player in the best (HYPED UP) league in the world cant score against a "scottish team" in open play).The premiership is a bursting bubble. All the best players are foreign.- The last few competitive matches between scottish and english teams in europe-Check the results when it comes to celtic or rangers v the best of Engerrrland. Go back to the 60's and 70's if you want.Celtic have a very good record against english teams. (Wiki it).Who do you "SUPPORT"?
    Ok Whatever, have you the balls to tell me who you support?
    Good girl. Dont forget to put on yor bonjella before you hit the pillow.Good little girl:rolleyes:
    Exactly. We only concentrate on the big one-1967-FIRST BRITISH TEAM T LIFT THE EUROPEAN CUP. Man U won it in 69 and bought it subsequentelly.
    I agree celtic + rangers are gone down a bit but united are pretty ****e too. Offering O shea 80 grand a week??? I hate this Epl supporter smugness.if Celtic+rangers were in the epl earning the sky money they'd rip united a new arsehole.
    Ya but wigan are gettin 5 times the tv money then we are. Its ridiculous and something will happen soon enough.
    I have no clue what your on about. EXPLAIN.
    O now I get it-Your sad coz celtic beat ye to it. How long you being following utd.? (I ask this to all Utd fans coz most of my utd following friends supported liverpool throughout the 80s).
    Your a smart buchaill. educated in the house of retardation.
    and vice versa
    Thats the typical Scottish response shur. Mon the gers. "We hate the taigs but whisper it". Good lad anyway. for your honesty.
    I know the type.Im always embarrassed by em.:o

Hmmm.

whats_that_smell2.jpeg

Ahhhhhhh, it's

bull.jpgCeltic-FC-logo.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

The Celtic badge shouldnt be used in an attack on a posters comments. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I've just read through six pages of absolute ****e and the thing which annoyed me most was the ridiculous use of the word literally there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

97230d19-70af-41a3-bfbf-54c10b4b8f3a.jpg

Wow which LOI club do you follow so? Or do you just say Celtic is an Irish club?
    A lot more Irish than Man u anyway>Do you know ANYTHING about Celtics history???

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I've just read through six pages of absolute ****e and the thing which annoyed me most was the ridiculous use of the word literally there.
    Thanks for reading. Off to bed now. Mammy will tuck you in. Good girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

It really takes a special sort of person to support Celtic

Yep I do watch it on telly as I can't afford to go over to England every weekend. What hype do i believe? La Liga is the best league in the world imo, but I can't afford that either. I can afford LOI, but sadly it's the off season isn't it? Or would you even know? Probably not but ya do now. What year was that Uefa Cup quarters out of interest?

Also Blackpool bet Liverpool. Are you suggesting Celtic would beat Liverpool at Anfield?

Your main argument at the start was that you hate EPL lovers and if Celtic had the TV money they'd be ripping United new arseholes left right and centre. Why did Aiden McGeady leave anyway? All the abuse he was getting was it? SPL is a petty league which revolves around bigotry among certain clubs, as shown by you calling Ibrox a "Hunbox." That doesn't mean EPL is the best league in the world. But it is far far better than SPL. Surely even you can agree with that?
    Blackpool beat LIverpool.Whoop de doo.Thats one of the worst Liverpool teams ever.Mcgeady left because hes on 50grand a week in Russia. THATS why. Its money,money,money.Clubs are run like corporations now.Sky tv give English teams obsene amounts of money. The SPL clubs get a pittance.Thats why there SHOULD be a masive gap between celtic and the EPL clubs. There isnt though-because Celtic fund there club by themselves. (huge ticket sales,merchandise etc.).If they were ever allowed join the EPL ,this plus the sky money would create a MONSTER of a club.The EPL big boys wont allow this to happen coz they know Celtic would take up a Champions League spot EVERY year.The hunbox thing was a joke FFS.And yes Celtic WOULD beat liverpool at ANfield. Last time they met at ANfield it was 2-0 Celtic if I correctly recall.

Blackpool beat LIverpool.Whoop de doo.Thats one of the worst Liverpool teams ever.Mcgeady left because hes on 50grand a week in Russia. THATS why. Its money,money,money.Clubs are run like corporations now.Sky tv give English teams obsene amounts of money. The SPL clubs get a pittance.Thats why there SHOULD be a masive gap between celtic and the EPL clubs. There isnt though-because Celtic fund there club by themselves. (huge ticket sales,merchandise etc.).If they were ever allowed join the EPL ,this plus the sky money would create a MONSTER of a club.The EPL big boys wont allow this to happen coz they know Celtic would take up a Champions League spot EVERY year.The hunbox thing was a joke FFS.And yes Celtic WOULD beat liverpool at ANfield. Last time they met at ANfield it was 2-0 Celtic if I correctly recall.

The reason they aren't allowed Join, is because they are shíte.

They can't even get into the champions league from a ****ty scottish league, and you think they'd get in EVERY YEAR from the EPL, wake up buddy.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    97230d19-70af-41a3-bfbf-54c10b4b8f3a.jpg
    Youve nearly 30,000 posts now. This is why.FFS:rolleyes:

CiaranC wrote: »
    It really takes a special sort of person to support Celtic
    Elaborate please young man

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Hmmm.

whats_that_smell2.jpeg

Ahhhhhhh, it's

bull.jpgCeltic-FC-logo.png
    Yet another simpleton.OH well.....:rolleyes:

Yet another simpleton.OH well.....:rolleyes:

Oh right, in that case i'll help you out, the celtic crest stands for "shít".

The reason they aren't allowed Join, is because they are shíte.

They can't even get into the champions league from a ****ty scottish league, and you think they'd get in EVERY YEAR from the EPL, wake up buddy.
    Silly, stupid response I was expecting.Deary me 4-Yes 4 EPL teams in The CL every year. If its the "Champions" League how in the name of Christ can a 4th placed team play in it?Bloody hell you wouldnt even get a medal in the Olympics for finishing 4th.You just keep following your Sky united team anyway. Good lad-buddy.

Oh right, in that case i'll help you out, the celtic crest stands for "shít".
    Your level of stupidity is astonishing.What age are you?4,5 maybe?

• Advertisement

Silly, stupid response I was expecting.Deary me 4-Yes 4 EPL teams in The CL every year. If its the "Champions" League how in the name of Christ can a 4th placed team play in it?Bloody hell you wouldnt even get a medal in the Olympics for finishing 4th.You just keep following your Sky united team anyway. Good lad-buddy.

Are you saying there shouldn't be 4 EPL teams buddy?

Aren't all 4 epl teams still there?

Didn't the scottish champions, which wasn't celtic either btw, get knocked down to the lower level? Hence the need for this thread?

Call me whatever you want, you are nothing but a scumbag looking for violence in dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Its ok op, we know you only hate the EPL coz you were bullied by EPL fans growing up!

102880646a1760931868b282968658l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Your level of stupidity is astonishing.What age are you?4,5 maybe?
    Pot, kettle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Wow...this thread is nothing but awesome.

Parkhead67, something tells me you are a little bit jittery about the fact there is a chance that Rangers might have another decent run in the Europa League.

This wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that a team who have been on the brink of extinction for the last 3 years, have dominated your lot domestically despite this being Celtic Football Club's chance to put them away for good?

Does Rangers success in recent years make you feel a little nervous?

For the record, i dont think that Rangers are good enough to make the final in Dublin, i'm not entirely sure why you do.
    However IF they were to make the final, i have no doubt that it would need a rather large police operation and high security to make sure the event passes peacefully.

This is for 2 major reasons.
    1. The set up is very similar to that of Manchester, meaning that the travel to the host city is extremely easy and relatively cheap from Scotland, and as we seen in Manchester this leads to thousands of tanked up morons who fancy a change of scenery from their usual pissed up fighting dens, couple that with the inherent bigotry within scottish society and you have a recipe for disaster.

2. People like you, people who will spend the entire run up to the final, round by round as long as Rangers are still in it firing up the paranoia about "big bad Rangers fans" and winding the type of people up who are the Irish Celtic strip wearing counterpart to that of the scumbags who follow Rangers.

People like you do not want such an event to pass off peacefully, as it would bring your "big bad rangers supporter" world crashing down around your ears.
    You get some kind of perverse joy out of these things, the fact that you are still so quick to bring up Manchester is testament to this.

Personally i believe that you would be much more comfortable seeing images of burnt out LUAS carriages and running battles on outside the GPO on the morning after this hypothetical final, than you would images of Rangers supporters having a good time and bringing a fortune into the Irish economy by spending a fortune on overpriced Templebar beers.

Sadly, you are not alone in this, and that in itself would create a tension around the city if such a day came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Since when are trolls aloud in the soccer forum? News to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement