Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin 2011 Europa League The Final-Rangers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Eirebear wrote: »
    Wow...this thread is nothing but awesome.

Parkhead67, something tells me you are a little bit jittery about the fact there is a chance that Rangers might have another decent run in the Europa League.

This wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that a team who have been on the brink of extinction for the last 3 years, have dominated your lot domestically despite this being Celtic Football Club's chance to put them away for good?

Does Rangers success in recent years make you feel a little nervous?

For the record, i dont think that Rangers are good enough to make the final in Dublin, i'm not entirely sure why you do.
    However IF they were to make the final, i have no doubt that it would need a rather large police operation and high security to make sure the event passes peacefully.

This is for 2 major reasons.
    1. The set up is very similar to that of Manchester, meaning that the travel to the host city is extremely easy and relatively cheap from Scotland, and as we seen in Manchester this leads to thousands of tanked up morons who fancy a change of scenery from their usual pissed up fighting dens, couple that with the inherent bigotry within scottish society and you have a recipe for disaster.

2. People like you, people who will spend the entire run up to the final, round by round as long as Rangers are still in it firing up the paranoia about "big bad Rangers fans" and winding the type of people up who are the Irish Celtic strip wearing counterpart to that of the scumbags who follow Rangers.

People like you do not want such an event to pass off peacefully, as it would bring your "big bad rangers supporter" world crashing down around your ears.
    You get some kind of perverse joy out of these things, the fact that you are still so quick to bring up Manchester is testament to this.

Personally i believe that you would be much more comfortable seeing images of burnt out LUAS carriages and running battles on outside the GPO on the morning after this hypothetical final, than you would images of Rangers supporters having a good time and bringing a fortune into the Irish economy by spending a fortune on overpriced Templebar beers.

Sadly, you are not alone in this, and that in itself would create a tension around the city if such a day came along.

I'm not a fan of rangers or celtic really, but it's not hard to work out who the scumbags really are.
    PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Itd be 60'000 troublesome lads though. Id be a gaard for the day if they gave me an aul baytin shtick.
    I dont. Except when provoked.couple a shlaps never hurt no one.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of rangers or celtic really, but it's not hard to work out who the scumbags really are.

To be fair, it would be silly to deny that Rangers have a rather pronounced scumbag element attached to our following abd Dublin would be a target for that element for all the obvious reasons.

However i do believe that there is an element of the "celtic support" along with the general scumbags that live in Ireland (as they do in any country) who are quite frankly creaming themselves at the opportunity to get involved in a bit of carnage and blame it all on the big bad bears.

To be fair, it would be silly to deny that Rangers have a rather pronounced scumbag element attached to our following abd Dublin would be a target for that element for all the obvious reasons.

However i do believe that there is an element of the "celtic support" along with the general scumbags that live in Ireland (as they do in any country) who are quite frankly creaming themselves at the opportunity to get involved in a bit of carnage and blame it all on the big bad bears.
    Sorry, I didn't mean it as in, it's the Celtic supporters who are the scumbags...

I meant individually, it's not hard to work out who the scumbags are, there are decent Celtic fans, and there are decent Rangers fans, it's the scumbags from both sides that ruin it for the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

A lot more Irish than Man u anyway>Do you know ANYTHING about Celtics history???

Stole players and the hoops from Hibs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Sorry, I didn't mean it as in, it's the Celtic supporters who are the scumbags...

Ahh so that's the same support who have a history of laying waste to wherever they be in Europe? Ohh wait...

Both sets of old firm fans have their share of idiots but the sheer volume of Celtic hate on these forums is unbelievable, and not to mention more than a tad ironic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I meant individually, it's not hard to work out who the scumbags are, there are decent Celtic fans, and there are decent Rangers fans, it's the scumbags from both sides that ruin it for the others.

There are scumbags from every club. Lets face it, throughout history English teams are right at the top of the scumbag list. Countless amount of thuggery done by so called fans of English teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

troll_thread.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

karma_ wrote: »
    Ahh so that's the same support who have a history of laying waste to wherever they be in Europe? Ohh wait...

Both sets of old firm fans have their share of idiots but the sheer volume of Celtic hate on these forums is unbelievable, and not to mention more than a tad ironic.
    Whys it ironic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

CiaranC wrote: »
    Whys it ironic?

Coz seltiks pyoor irish n'at.
    A..

Both sets of old firm fans have their share of idiots

Isnt that what he was saying? :confused:

That's practically what I said, bar the forums part, the only person I've noticed here with any hate was Parkhead, but that's mainly because I normally don't go near the threads regarding them.
    Warper wrote: »
    There are scumbags from every club. Lets face it, throughout history English teams are right at the top of the scumbag list. Countless amount of thuggery done by so called fans of English teams.

I would disagree with the fact there are scumbags from every club, I would also have put Turkish and Russian teams above English myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

That's practically what I said, bar the forums part, the only person I've noticed here with any hate was Parkhead, but that's mainly because I normally don't go near the threads regarding them.

I would disagree with the fact there are scumbags from every club, I would also have put Turkish and Russian teams above English myself.
    No hate from me bud. Just pyoor lovin;)

Coz seltiks pyoor irish n'at.
    Your bang on. And rangers are pyoor protestant n'at.

Wow...this thread is nothing but awesome.

Parkhead67, something tells me you are a little bit jittery about the fact there is a chance that Rangers might have another decent run in the Europa League.

This wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that a team who have been on the brink of extinction for the last 3 years, have dominated your lot domestically despite this being Celtic Football Club's chance to put them away for good?

Does Rangers success in recent years make you feel a little nervous?

For the record, i dont think that Rangers are good enough to make the final in Dublin, i'm not entirely sure why you do.
    However IF they were to make the final, i have no doubt that it would need a rather large police operation and high security to make sure the event passes peacefully.

This is for 2 major reasons.
    1. The set up is very similar to that of Manchester, meaning that the travel to the host city is extremely easy and relatively cheap from Scotland, and as we seen in Manchester this leads to thousands of tanked up morons who fancy a change of scenery from their usual pissed up fighting dens, couple that with the inherent bigotry within scottish society and you have a recipe for disaster.

2. People like you, people who will spend the entire run up to the final, round by round as long as Rangers are still in it firing up the paranoia about "big bad Rangers fans" and winding the type of people up who are the Irish Celtic strip wearing counterpart to that of the scumbags who follow Rangers.

People like you do not want such an event to pass off peacefully, as it would bring your "big bad rangers supporter" world crashing down around your ears.
    You get some kind of perverse joy out of these things, the fact that you are still so quick to bring up Manchester is testament to this.

Personally i believe that you would be much more comfortable seeing images of burnt out LUAS carriages and running battles on outside the GPO on the morning after this hypothetical final, than you would images of Rangers supporters having a good time and bringing a fortune into the Irish economy by spending a fortune on overpriced Templebar beers.

Sadly, you are not alone in this, and that in itself would create a tension around the city if such a day came along.
    I know there are decent rangers fans around ffs. I actually know a few.I just think that there would be mayhem if ye reached the final in Dublin.Theres a lot of idiots supporting celtic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OK matey. I'll speak as a Celtic fan. (Forget the fact that the "best player in the best (HYPED UP) league in the world cant score against a "scottish team" in open play).The premiership is a bursting bubble. All the best players are foreign.- The last few competitive matches between scottish and english teams in europe-Check the results when it comes to celtic or rangers v the best of Engerrrland. Go back to the 60's and 70's if you want.Celtic have a very good record against english teams. (Wiki it).Who do you "SUPPORT"?

Here is something for you to think about.

Scottish teams that have played in Champions League Quarter Finals in the past 10 years: None

English teams that have played in Champions League Final in the past 10 years: Manchester United (Twice), Liverpool (Twice), Arsenal, Chelsea

There are many, many other things that could be used to show the gulf in class between the leagues at the minute, but that probably sums it up pretty well.

On topic, I could not see there being any trouble in the stadium if Rangers were to get there. The bigger problem would the other few thousand who turn up. But I imagine the Gardaí would learn the lessons from Manchester and hopefully nothing would happen. But there would be some idiots in the Rangers crowd and in Ireland who would cause trouble if given the chance.

Theres a lot of idiots supporting celtic too.

Yeah, you've proved that already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Surprised this is still running.
    IBTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

[QUOTE=PARKHEAD67;69521081Coz seltiks pyoor irish n'at.
    Your bang on. And rangers are pyoor protestant n'at.[/QUOTE]

Hardly I know many RC,Jewish,Muslim and Atheist Rangers fans but you carry on living in the past it suits you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Worryingly small-minded topic.

Can't we all just...

oldfirm2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Hardly I know many RC,Jewish,Muslim and Atheist Rangers fans but you carry on living in the past it suits you

Post error looks like your quoting your boy there BBE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The state of this thread!!

Blackjack wrote: »
    Post error looks like your quoting your boy there BBE.

Yeah I noticed that must be the way Parkhead Quoted EB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Blackpool beat LIverpool.Whoop de doo.Thats one of the worst Liverpool teams ever.Mcgeady left because hes on 50grand a week in Russia. THATS why. Its money,money,money.Clubs are run like corporations now.Sky tv give English teams obsene amounts of money. The SPL clubs get a pittance.Thats why there SHOULD be a masive gap between celtic and the EPL clubs. There isnt though-because Celtic fund there club by themselves. (huge ticket sales,merchandise etc.).If they were ever allowed join the EPL ,this plus the sky money would create a MONSTER of a club.The EPL big boys wont allow this to happen coz they know Celtic would take up a Champions League spot EVERY year.The hunbox thing was a joke FFS.And yes Celtic WOULD beat liverpool at ANfield. Last time they met at ANfield it was 2-0 Celtic if I correctly recall.
    What's the difference between a United fan, a Chelsea fan, a Pool fan watching their favourite team on Sky to you watching your favourite team on Setanta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jesus, this thread is an embarrassment to normal Celtic fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I tried reading from the start and failed due to the absolute nonsense spouted in it - by no means all from the OP either.

Jesus, this thread is an embarrassment to normal Celtic fans.
    Ha ha-your so much more normal than me.Get off the aul high horse ffs.What did I say to embarrass your sensitive wee soul?

• Advertisement

That has to be the funniest thing Ive EVER read!!! EVER.

monkey9 wrote: »
    The state of this thread!!
    Tis good aul craic though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Does anyone get the feeling in this thread it's one raving person slowly backing themselves into a corner.

Only they have a knife in the corner, almost willing the people to come closer ?

Like a suicide troll willing to take as many honorable posters just looking for the one up on him with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tis good aul craic though;)

You got them alright.

A post begging for a reaction and it got 9 pages of one.

Well played or more fool those who responded? I know which I'm going for.

Ha ha-your so much more normal than me.Get off the aul high horse ffs.What did I say to embarrass your sensitive wee soul?
    btw why are you sending me inane pm's?

• Advertisement

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    What's the difference between a United fan, a Chelsea fan, a Pool fan watching their favourite team on Sky to you watching your favourite team on Setanta?
    The difference is Setanta dont show SPL anymore.Apart from that -go support Chelsea or whoever.I really dont care anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The difference is Setanta dont show SPL anymore.Apart from that -go support Chelsea or whoever.I really dont care anymore.

:pac:

You cared at the start of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Maybe you do but its quiet rare. Why woould a RC support Rangers? Its like a black man supporting Zenit St Petersburg, how could you support a team knowing that large sections of their fans despise you because of your race/religion.

Go to Parkhead and Ibrox and you'll see that ethnic minority's are far better represented in Parkhead.

Wrt to the UEFA cup final (fcuk calling it the Europa), Rangers do have a decent chance of being there, I dont think they will but its a cup competition so couldnt rule it out. Would imagine if they did reach the final that it would have to be moved, ther'd be far too many fans travelling over without tickets. Also, its not really like a typical away game, the fans cant be marshalled as usually happens in england/scotland where most fans arrive by coach/train and are escourted in to the ground by the Police

btw why are you sending me inane pm's?
    Go away.Please just go away.Effin hell.

Go away.Please just go away.Effin hell.

Not going to answer me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

The difference is Setanta dont show SPL anymore.Apart from that -go support ChelseaUnited or whoever.I really dont care anymore.
    ;)

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Maybe you do but its quiet rare. Why woould a RC support Rangers? Its like a black man supporting Zenit St Petersburg, how could you support a team knowing that large sections of their fans despise you because of your race/religion.

Go to Parkhead and Ibrox and you'll see that ethnic minority's are far better represented in Parkhead.

Wrt to the UEFA cup final (fcuk calling it the Europa), Rangers do have a decent chance of being there, I dont think they will but its a cup competition so couldnt rule it out. Would imagine if they did reach the final that it would have to be moved, ther'd be far too many fans travelling over without tickets. Also, its not really like a typical away game, the fans cant be marshalled as usually happens in england/scotland where most fans arrive by coach/train and are escourted in to the ground by the Police
    At last. A sane response to my original question.It simply COULD NOT go ahead in DUblin.Chaos would ensue. Im sorry if I embarrass other "celtic" fans by saying this but Come on ffs................Theres an idiotic shower of morons who put on the hoops and roar about the ira etc. If these morons met the idiotic (not all) rangers support ................................in O Connell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The mods would lock this but they're having too much fun laughing at the thread :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The mods would lock this but they're having too much fun laughing at the thread :).

/ watching the x-factor.

tommyhaas wrote: »

Nonsense I have been going to Ibrox for over 50 years and never had one bit of bother because of my religion. You really shouldn't generalise about the support have you ever spent any time with Rangers fans.
    Don't even know why this thread is still going you won't find many Rangers fans who thin k they will get to the final

• Advertisement

Nonsense I have been going to Ibrox for over 50 years and never had one bit of bother because of my religion. You really shouldn't generalise about the support have you ever spent any time with Rangers fans.
    Don't even know why this thread is still going you won't find many Rangers fans who thin k they will get to the final

In fairness bbe how would anyone know what religion you are?

In fairness bbe how would anyone know what religion you are?

Its amazing when you are on supporters buses or at nights out the subject comes up :p

Yea I auctually work with quiet a few Rangers fans. Firstly, Iv never had any issues with them, nor them with me. I agree that the vast majority of Rangers fans are decent people, and not bigotted

Would it not offend you though, sitting in Ibrox listening to the fans chanting the Billy Boys and the like?

Also wrt the trouble at final should Rangers reach it, I'm not saying it would be down to the Rangers fans, there's plenty of people, as the Love Ulster Parade demonstrated who'l cause trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Rangers made it to the EL final, there would be violence no doubt, but it wouldn't be Rangers fans that cause it, because they'll be the true fans who'll buy tickets and enjoy the match.

It'll be caused by scumbags from Glasgow and parts of NI traveling to Dublin with the sole intention of causing trouble and fighting scumbags from Dublin and other parts of Ireland, who will also only be there to cause trouble.

A football match will just be their excuse for thuggery.

A football match will just be their excuse for thuggery.

Being a Rovers fan you must be an authority on the subject :D

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    O no. What exactly did I say to offend anyone.Im a bit baffled here.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Blame me. Tis all my fault.(Sigh):)

Not going to answer me??
    Ask me a question and Ill try my best to answer it.:confused:

• Advertisement

Why?

I think that post was alright. Its probably your other 46 posts in this thread that could be seen as offensive

Advertisement