Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin 2011 Europa League The Final-Rangers

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Nonsense I have been going to Ibrox for over 50 years and never had one bit of bother because of my religion. You really shouldn't generalise about the support have you ever spent any time with Rangers fans.
    Religion-Rangers?Hmmmmmmmm. Ill keep me gob shut but as an Irishman with an Irish accent I can honestly say I would definitely NOT feel safe sitting in a seat at Ibrox amongst the peeple. In fact Id scutter me pants.:P

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I think that post was alright. Its probably your other 46 posts in this thread that could be seen as offensive
    Stop the drama queen ****e ffs:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Religion-Rangers?Hmmmmmmmm. Ill keep me gob shut but as an Irishman with an Irish accent I can honestly say I would definitely NOT feel safe sitting in a seat at Ibrox amongst the peeple. In fact Id scutter me pants.:P

Do you know any Rangers fans personally?

Pauleta wrote: »
    Do you know any Rangers fans personally?
    Kinda.Most are okay but I still wouldnt sit amongst the rangers fans with an Irish accent. They bloody hate the Irish.I met a Rangers fan on a cruise last year and he was a top man.My mother minds a girl whose father is a Scottish Rangers man-Again-hes as sound as a pound.Now Pauleta.-would you sit amongst them and feel safe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Kinda.Most are okay but I still wouldnt sit amongst the rangers fans with an Irish accent. They bloody hate the Irish.I met a Rangers fan on a cruise last year and he was a top man.My mother minds a girl whose father is a Scottish Rangers man-Again-hes as sound as a pound.Now Pauleta.-would you sit amongst them and feel safe??

Wouldnt bother me and if im sitting in the home section in Ibrox i would cheer for them because it would be disrespectful not to. I know 4 Gers fans from Scotland that live here. They are all good people and anytime ive met a Rangers fan abroad they have seemed ok. I dont buy into judging people through word of mouth.

Also Rangers fans do not hate the Irish. They hate Celtic fans and republican nutjobs. Im neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Wow, you're a strange dude.

You've just said you know a few scottish Gers fans, and they're all lovely people...

Yet you wouldn't sit with them?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I met a Rangers fan in the Canary Islands last year, he had a load of Rangers/Britain tattoos and rings and stuff, looked like a typical skanger. But he was dead on, me and another Celtic fan just had the craic with him.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Wow, you're a strange dude.

You've just said you know a few scottish Gers fans, and they're all lovely people...

Yet you wouldn't sit with them?

:confused:
    Thats a stupid,idiotic response. Theres a lot of very decent rangers fans-(there-I said it) But I would be scared to open my mouth with my Irish accent if I ever sat at Ibrox. Its the mob mentality.GO there and roar in your "strange dude" accent.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Thats a stupid,idiotic response. Theres a lot of very decent rangers fans-(there-I said it) But I would be scared to open my mouth with my Irish accent if I ever sat at Ibrox. Its the mob mentality.GO there and roar in your "strange dude" accent.:D
    Out of curiosity how often each season do you manage to get to Parkhead?

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    I met a Rangers fan in the Canary Islands last year, he had a load of Rangers/Britain tattoos and rings and stuff, looked like a typical skanger. But he was dead on, me and another Celtic fan just had the craic with him.
    I agree. Ive met loads of gers in my time (one on one)but I would be scared ****less to open my mouth when theyre in a crowd.A load of em attacked me in Spain once.They were havin a do in a pub and Wally Smith was the speaker.I walked out of my apartment with a celtic top on(didnt know about this rangers do).My eyes nearly popped out me head when I was getting belted left,right and centre.Luckily for me ,my wife(girlfriend at the time)stopped em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

WallyGUFC wrote: »

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

If Rangers made it to the EL final, there would be violence no doubt, but it wouldn't be Rangers fans that cause it, because they'll be the true fans who'll buy tickets and enjoy the match.

It'll be caused by scumbags from Glasgow and parts of NI traveling to Dublin with the sole intention of causing trouble and fighting scumbags from Dublin and other parts of Ireland, who will also only be there to cause trouble.

A football match will just be their excuse for thuggery.

Yeah, there'd be serious riots if Rangers did make the EL final and I agree with your assumption as to who it would be on the Rangers end causing the trouble but let's make no mistake about it, any scumbag from around Ireland and parts of NI will come up and use Rangers being over as an excuse to cause trouble. The vast majority of them will be Celtic fans or use Celtic as a cover for it, now they won't be your typical Celtic fans who go to Parkhead/Celtic park or whatever it's called these days, but the ones who wear Celtic merch and support them purely because Celtic are Irish, and hate Rangers cos their Brits. Probably the ones who wore Celtic jerseys to the love Ulster rally.

But it doesn't matter because Rangers/the Scottish league is shiite and they won't get that far.

2 eastern European teams making it to the final would be fantastic. Would love to see the Guards try and control something like Red Star-Zagreb

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    6 or 7 times.Not bad I reckon.

I'll get my coat
    ha ha.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

I agree. Ive met loads of gers in my time (one on one)but I would be scared ****less to open my mouth when theyre in a crowd.A load of em attacked me in Spain once.They were havin a do in a pub and Wally Smith was the speaker.I walked out of my apartment with a celtic top on(didnt know about this rangers do).My eyes nearly popped out me head when I was getting belted left,right and centre.Luckily for me ,my wife(girlfriend at the time)stopped em.

:pac:

Leejo wrote: »
    :pac:
    Shes tough as steel like.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ok people of Dublin. If Glasgow Rangers were to make it to the final of the Europa League in Dublin-what would happen?They've played a few dub teams in Uefa comps in the past and small bit of trouble etc.But if they got to the semi finals would it be in their best interests to lose? as opposed to 50-60,000 Rangers fans waving union jacks in O'Connell St for the final?I personally have no love for rangers . Some of their support are an absolute pack of ****ebags-(manchester 2008).Its not impossible that they reach another final.But its Dublin this year.If they reached the final it would be mayhem.Im not condoning violence-but it would be crazy..Opinions?

I'd rather see that happen than Liverpool getting there

orourkeda wrote: »
    I'd rather see that happen than Liverpool getting there
    Mon the Pool.Youll never walk alone:)

Over and out peeps.:DHope I entertained ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Well with Rangers out now that's a major sigh of relief for the organisers. The last thing Dublin needed was a load of rampaging loyalists causing mayhem through the streets of Dublin and the city been thrashed to bits by these yobs. A good result for football and Dublin as host city of the Europa League final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Well with Rangers out now that's a major sigh of relief for the organisers. The last thing Dublin needed was a load of rampaging loyalists causing mayhem through the streets of Dublin and the city been thrashed to bits by these yobs. A good result for football and Dublin as host city of the Europa League final.

Thanks for the political commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No British teams in the final, will that mean more tickets for locals? Will it be a damp squib?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

No British teams in the final, will that mean more tickets for locals? Will it be a damp squib?
    Bit of a disaster for the AVIVA really. Who really gives a s*it about say PSV V Villarreal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Bit of a disaster for the AVIVA really. Who really gives a s*it about say PSV V Villarreal..

Probably PSV and Villareal fans......

Steve McLaren is a dickhead BTW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Eirebear wrote: »
    Probably PSV and Villareal fans......

Steve McLaren is a dickhead BTW.

What'd he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Not really for Dublin, in fairness. Who wants a bunch of Belfast based Billy boys coming down for a day trip only?.

At least the PSV and Villarreal crowd are going to have to stay a night and spend some cash, which is a shot in the arm the local economy will benefit from.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Not really for Dublin, in fairness. Who wants a bunch of Belfast based Billy boys coming down for a day trip only?.

At least the PSV and Villarreal crowd are going to have to stay a night and spend some cash, which is a shot in the arm the local economy will benefit from.
    Liverpool? Man City? Could of brought down huge support and spend a lot of money. Now, its mostly going to be clubs who don't travel that well and lets be honest, not much interest on the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Liverpool? Man City? Could of brought down huge support and spend a lot of money. Now, its mostly going to be clubs who don't travel that well and lets be honest, not much interest on the game itself.
    Better than Rangers fans just showing up for the night and then heading back up the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

PSG might have been a cracker though. They played Borussia Dortmund in the group stages, and apparently their supporters were fighting each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

karma_ wrote: »
    What'd he do?

He appeared on my TV with his smug grin.
    (Just needed someone to take my frustration out on TBH!) :D

Blackjack wrote: »
    Better than Rangers fans just showing up for the night and then heading back up the same day.
    I suppose but i think the AVIVA would of liked Liverpool or City.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

dartbhoy wrote: »

What about the hoop wearing Sinn Fein sympathizers? They'd be just as bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

What about the hoop wearing Sinn Fein sympathizers? They'd be just as bad.

Considering they weren't in the competition that would be some feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd love to see something like Spartak v Porto. The final appeals more to me now since their wont be any British sides.
    If I want to see British football I'll turn on TV or take the short plane trip over, it's not going anywhere. People have the opportunity to see other football for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Football in existing outside the British Isles shocker ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah, a few people wont be able to say I told you so now. Pity.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Me for one. I reckon Im quids in to pick up a ticket for this off some barstooler on the cheap. Thank god we dont have to entertain a Liverpool mongfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Rangers, Citeh AND Liverpool out? Great result! Now that the British crap is gone we might be able to see a couple of decent teams contesting this final. Tickets might be easier to come by too now that all these fan-favourites have made their exit.

Would defo like to see Villareal the final (along with maybe Sparktak Moscow).

Advertisement