Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband and phone.

• 12-12-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

So recently I have joined UPC for their BB and phone.

Got their free wireless phone, works fine.

Got a different phone, since the router has 2 ports for phones so I plugged it into the second phone port.

But the trouble comes in here, only 1 of the phone port works, the other one just refuses to work.

The question I have is, is that normal? Is there anyways to fix it?

Thanks,

Kingbob.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The second phone port is currently unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

So the second phone port is unusable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

kingbob387 wrote: »

Yes it is if you want a second number.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kingbob387 wrote: »
    Yes.

Isolate your NTU from your landline and connect port 1 of the modem to any phone socket in your house to re-enable all your internal wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Oh I see, thanks for the information, I needed it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Depending on the type of your new phone you may be able to register the new handset to the base of the one supplied by upc, & then just locate the new one wherever you want with the new base acting as a recharger. You can register up to three additional compatible handsets to the base of your upc supplied phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

jeckle wrote: »
    Depending on the type of your new phone you may be able to register the new handset to the base of the one supplied by upc, & then just locate the new one wherever you want with the new base acting as a recharger. You can register up to three additional compatible handsets to the base of your upc supplied phone.
    now that IS interesting, didn't know you could do that.

do you know which phones would be compatible?

i actually had a set of 4 wireless dect phones i got from argos about 5 years ago, but they weren't actually compatible at all with the digital phoneline that UPC use so i had to use the two wireless ones UPC provided which were considerably lower spec. and obviously, i only had two phones instead of 4. i kept the old phones for a couple of years but threw them out in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

As long as their GAP compliant they should work..

Easiest way to try is put the basestation of the UPC one into broadcast mode and see if you can find it with the other phone and connect with the pin (power down the other bases first)
    If you can connect your sorted.

I've 3 other phones (all different manufacturers) in the house all connected with it as the base.
    However - you do lose features between phones - like one of them doesn't support the same callerID and thus I don't see who is ringing on that one, but the rest are ok.

thanks. how do i know what the pin is? is it in the documentation or will it come up on the phones when i do the broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

vibe666 wrote: »
    thanks. how do i know what the pin is? is it in the documentation or will it come up on the phones when i do the broadcast?

Form the AS180 user manual
    as180_reg_handset_snippet.jpg

• Advertisement

DemoniK wrote: »
    Form the AS180 user manual
    as180_reg_handset_snippet.jpg
    excellent, thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Hi All

I'm in a spot of bother this morning, for some reason the phone cannot make or receive calls. I've tried to re-register thehandset with the base, it registers fine but still no calls. I've reset the box but no luck. I have the AS180.

Hope someone else has more troubleshooting steps?

Regards
    Andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

ring upc get them to check the modem might not be on your side at all it could be something on there side on there switch.

Advertisement