Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowzilla

Options
  • 12-12-2010 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Just a little something, some of you snow lovers may be interested in... every year the World's largest snowman - Snowzilla - appears overnight in Anchorage Alaska, even though the local authorities have tried to kill him off:

Given that Snowmagedon could be coming to Ireland at the end of next week, and the threats to Snowzilla's life, should we bring Snowzilla to Ireland?

I think the World's biggest Snowman would be happy here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

There's magic in that hat! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Dammit, you mean manmade climate change hasn't killed off snowzilla yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Wasn't that big, I was expecting it to be HUGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Wasn't that big, I was expecting it to be HUGE.

I said exactly the same thing the first time I saw in person Big Ben and the Statue of Liberty.

An Irish Snowzilla could be huge though! ;)

It would be nice to get the 'biggest snowman in the World in ireland' all over the media, if any boardsies wanted to build him somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

If anyone in Dublin wants to givve it a go I'll lend a helping hand or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

It would look well in the phoenix park all right . .:P

Looked at guinness world records and cant find any record of the worlds largest snowman . .is it measured by height or volume of snow used, i'm not sure? Would be pretty cool to do it in dublin, beat all those other snowy places round the world . . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I think they were trying this in the park opposite my house but they gave up. All thats left now is slowly melting giant snowballs.

Advertisement