Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anxiety and CBT

Options
  • 12-12-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi Boardies.

has anyone that suffers with anxiety/panic-attacks had any use from cognitive behavioural therapy??

If so can anyone recommend a good CB therapist in Dublin, and approx how much do they cost? I've no idea, and there's not much on the net about them.

Thanks
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Have a look at the How to find a counsellor sticky in the psych forum, it will get you started. Just to add CBT is not a magic bullet, there are plenty of other forms of therapy out there. Finally we cannot name individuals on the psych forum or give personal advise. However it would be worth your while reading that sticky and as I said it will get you started.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I had a round of CBT with a student who was finishing her post grad. The course was free and it was carried out through my GP. You should ask. Also I gots prices before this and it cost over 200 for the first sessions and 150 for each session after.
    Regarding CBT, it did nothing for me but everyone is different and is worth a go

Advertisement