Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beech hedging - prices?

Options
  • 12-12-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi,

Based around the midlands, looking to get my hands on a large quantity of beech hedging - maybe 2 - 3 feet tall plants.

If you know anyone that would do a good deal, please PM me the details.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Bought 60 4' Hornbeam from future forests three years ago. Excellent quality plants and all plants are still thriving. Check out their bare root list - they sell beech hedging.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

What kind of area would 60 4' Hornbeam cover??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I sowed them 2' apart so about 120' in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rob accounts

Any luck yet with the Beech in Co Offaly. Am looking for some too to sow in Feb/Mar when the weather improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

hi i have growing beach hedging in my garden the last five years very slow to grow i added hornbeam still very slow added oak very fast ,beach you can take hardwood cuttings now in the winter i am in wet land if your land is well drained you might have better luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement