Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a single A level alongside the LC?

• 12-12-2010 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently doing eight subjects for my LC and am applying to both the CAO and UCAS. I've recently discovered an A level subject called ICT which is basically computers and control systems. I had a look through the exam papers and i'm fairly confident that even at the moment I could get at least a B in the exam and possibly even an A if I put the effort in.

So what i'm asking is is it possible to take a single A level to combine with your LC points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Have you tried contacting the CAO/UCAS directly yet? I'd say that'd be your best bet at getting a definite reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I really doubt you'd be able to use it for CAO points, maybe for UCAS at a puch, but I wouldn't count on it.

Apparently lots of English colleges dont accept/discourage ICT because it's seen as a soft A-Level.

Advertisement