Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

From the videos and articles, there more blood from slashing people, the AI looks a bit better in combat situations, arrows do more damage, you can dual wield swords and a whole lot of other stuff.
    However, it doesn't look like it will make any difference whether you headshot or toe shot someone. We'll have to wait until TES VI for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I cannot wait for this, graphics look amazing, even on console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't really been following this but I have to say the trailers and gameplay look very impressive.

Just wondering is it made from the same people who made fallout and if so does that mean the console version is going to be ridiculously buggy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

tok9 wrote: »
    I haven't really been following this but I have to say the trailers and gameplay look very impressive.

Just wondering is it made from the same people who made fallout and if so does that mean the console version is going to be ridiculously buggy?
    It's the same studio, yes. However, if I were to read between the lines here, I suspect that one reason why Fallout 3 / New Vegas had been so outragiously buggy is perhaps because Bethesda were focusing their attention / resources on Skyrim. People that might have been testing Fallout were, in fact, testing Skyrim behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fallout was awful on the 360, so much so that i went and bought it again for the PC. But skyrim looks fairly stable and seems to run fairly smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tell your girlfriend, friends and family that you won't be seeing them for a few months and then buy oblivion.

I would say this except with morrowind...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

excited about this game :D

morrowind, best game eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

skyrim_ce_items_x360-1024x792.jpg For months many of you have asked for details on whether or not there will be Collector’s Edition for Skyrim. At the end of a rousing QuakeCon presentation, game director Todd Howard confirmed its existence.
    The limited collector’s edition for The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows and can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers in North America, Europe and Australia. Like the regular release of the game, the Collector’s Edition will be available on 11.11.11
    In addition to including the highly-anticipated game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
    • Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
    • ‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
    • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.
    The Collector’s Edition will be available through pre-order and it retails for $149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia). If you’re interested in purchasing, we recommend you pre-order asap, as the it will be available in extremely limited quantities.
    Pre-Order up at Amazon.com — more listing to come!

Ah WTF, I was hoping for some less bulky and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Nodferatu wrote: »
    For months many of you have asked for details on whether or not there will be Collector’s Edition for Skyrim. At the end of a rousing QuakeCon presentation, game director Todd Howard confirmed its existence.
    The limited collector’s edition for The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows and can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers in North America, Europe and Australia. Like the regular release of the game, the Collector’s Edition will be available on 11.11.11
    In addition to including the highly-anticipated game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
    • Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
    • ‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
    • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.
    The Collector’s Edition will be available through pre-order and it retails for $149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia). If you’re interested in purchasing, we recommend you pre-order asap, as the it will be available in extremely limited quantities.
    Pre-Order up at Amazon.com — more listing to come!

I think the most important question regarding the collectors edition, is that a cloth map :P

Im guessing since F3 used GFWL, skyrim will too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

€150, f*ck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

In my impatience for Skyrim I decided to the mod Oblivion to keep me going until November. After a few mods it really looks great for a 5 year old game.

WLTFP.jpg

im not getting it neither, only thing id like is the large map, intrigued whats in the book but 150 quid no way, gonna get battlefield 3 and skyrim and thats me good for games for rest of the year i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lol 150 euro, i dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'd want it for the art book mainly. I always love seeing nice concept art for games. And a game like Skyrim would be packed with stuff for that book.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be buying this either though, €150 is a bit steep for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭titan18

€150 is way too much, I'd probably pay €100 for it but at that price,I can't see many shops stocking it.

I'd imagine it's the statue that's driving up the cost of it, I'd gladly pay less for the Artbook and making of DVD. Got Oblivion Collectors edition,and I recall that being a reasonable price

I can't see them making a whole lot of money with these. The oblivion CEs were gone very quickly and I'd say F3's CE sold well too. Only people with money to burn will buy this - although their profit margin is probably at least 50% of the marginal cost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted but no won't be getting the ce edition I'd say.although the statue is cool :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

quarryman, what mods you using?

improved textures, natural elements.. that kinda stuff?
    anything new or interesting?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Stupid November......so far away.

I've never been for one buying collecter's items of games and I'll be baffled at those who fork out for this one.

Christ, I wish I had €150 in my pocket..........not to buy this.............just would be nice to have some money :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You dont really get a lot of stuff for €150.

I saw a comparision with the Witcher 2 collectors edition and it had more extra stuff for around 20-30 cheaper.

save the €150, get 3 games for that instead. so many good games coming out close to christmas, (3 is the magic number) :D

TES: Skyrim
    Uncharted 3
    Battlefield 3
    Resistance 3
    COD: Modern Warfare 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Far Cry 3
    Rage
    Batman Arkham Asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

save the €150, get 3 games for that instead. so many good games coming out close to christmas, (3 is the magic number) :D

TES: Skyrim
    Uncharted 3
    Battlefield 3
    Resistance 3
    COD: Modern Warfare 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Far Cry 3
    Rage
    Batman Arkham Asylum

AHHHHHHHHHH MY STUDENT LOAN..........

For me I HAVE to get skyrim, battlefield, MW3, ME3 and rage. Then i'll pick up U3/Resistance 3/batman when they come down in price or i'll rent them.

Not to forget zelda/diablo/lastguardian/darksouls which are all due soon enough aswel..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Battlefield 3

*drool*

Soon my precious, soon we will be together again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

28 pound online, 50e steam :S

28 pound online, 50e steam :S

46 euro on gamestop.ie plus delivery :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wow, it is awfully expensive on gamestop.ie for the pc version

guess I'll be going amazon

yep amazon 28 pound seems the best

although they are retarded, i tried to order things and preorder this, you would think they would send that in November and the other things now, but no, everything in November. :S /cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

although they are retarded, i tried to order things and preorder this, you would think they would send that in November and the other things now, but no, everything in November. :S /cancel

You're able to select ship separately as you check out, but they charge extra.

Advertisement