Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi All. Just got this game delivered this morning. Renting from screenclick. Is there somewhere i can find a user manual online. They don't send manuals out with the game. Thanks.
    Btw. I'm hooked already. Gonna be along night.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

^^^
    you rented an elder scrolls game :confused:

I think its gonna be a late return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Hi All. Just got this game delivered this morning. Renting from screenclick. Is there somewhere i can find a user manual online. They don't send manuals out with the game. Thanks.
    Btw. I'm hooked already. Gonna be along night.:D

have fun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hypermuse wrote: »
    pick up/steal every ingredient you find.. keep them all and just make potions.... they really are worth a mint them potions/poisons and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!!

I've leveled up my alchemy loads but I aint put any skill points towards it at all!! have some bracers that give me 17% extra potent potions iirc..

easy money.. I think you really need to add skill points to your smithing to make it profitable but you will probably make some fantastic weapons/armor outa it!

I aint even looked at the alchemy or smithing skill tree!

I haven't and probably won't add any skill points to alchemy. I'd see it as a waste, better off being used elsewhere. I'll make more money then I need without using skill points on it and I only keep a few potions so I don't care about the quality of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

PC owners really need to install this mod

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=240

and make the recommended changes to the pref files. Its insane how much better the game looks afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Venom wrote: »

and make the recommended changes to the pref files. Its insane how much better the game looks afterwards.

How's the performance hit? Been checking out a few graphical mods today, but not sure i want to push my card anymore. It's already at it's breaking point :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

^^^
    you rented an elder scrolls game :confused:

I think its gonna be a late return.

There are no late return fees. Keep em as long as you want. Just pay ur monthly fee.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've got nearly 50K. Alchemy is the way to go. I heard using smithing to create weapons and jewelery is another good way to get cash.

And there's me just looting the dead like a schmuck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I haven't and probably won't add any skill points to alchemy. I'd see it as a waste, better off being used elsewhere. I'll make more money then I need without using skill points on it and I only keep a few potions so I don't care about the quality of them.

snap!!

best value for money for me!

pick up some flowers etc.. each weight between 0.1-1

combine them to make a potion that could be worth easily over 200 septims..

easy money for something that weighs only a tiny bit of your inventory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    How's the performance hit? Been checking out a few graphical mods today, but not sure i want to push my card anymore. It's already at it's breaking point :(

Haven't noticed any so far but I'v just been wandering around looking at how pretty the game looks now :)

Even without the pref file tweaks the shader change making colors more richer is well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stock graphicks on High looks purrrty for me, few bugs but still gg.

Also, I thought I was rich with 25k + a fully furnished house =/

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Need to stop robbing a measly 8 coins per person and start working for money....alchemy seems like the way anyway...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Venom wrote: »

just installed it

i came

maybe a tiny bit too dark, but im gona try fiddle around with the files

ED E wrote: »
    Stock graphicks on High looks purrrty for me, few bugs but still gg.

Also, I thought I was rich with 25k + a fully furnished house =/
    circos wrote: »
    Need to stop robbing a measly 8 coins per person and start working for money....alchemy seems like the way anyway...

I have feck all money coz I've really done so far is roam around the countryside admiring the place!! have a $hitload of spells to buy still!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just installed it

i came

just installed it, did the other AA mod you posted, did 2 sets of ini tweaks from sites. And now I start to play...I wont even know if it looks better or not but it sure does look amazing!

5EE0472581098F6F7DB23AA69F140FBD3508FFBC

gonna look to see what else there is!

just installed it, did the other AA mod you posted, did 2 sets of ini tweaks from sites. And now I start to play...I wont even know if it looks better or not but it sure does look amazing!

gonna look to see what else there is!

im not sure if the two mods work together.. as both use the pause key to enable/disable them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DarkJager wrote: »
    What kind of glitches? I've 16 hours on it now and haven't experienced anything game breaking, only a few low res textures as I have it installed.

Same here, its great on the xbox, ya its far from graphically mind blowing, but it doesn't seem to matter to me, just loving playing it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah ok, i probably over wrote the first one!

jsut reading through these but might wait a few weeks and see what the best ones are dunno
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

what difficulty you lot playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Spunge wrote: »
    Just after doing the first quest for the companions and now lydia is nowhere to be found :(

She's back in the castle with the Jarl. Chilling at the table, I only recognized her by the huge orcish war-hammer I gave her!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

First time I used Lydia was to clear out a dungeon I was getting beaten badly everytime... Her corpse will forever litter the bottom step of the first part of that dungeon :(
    But I prevailed, take that Silver Hands :pac:

• Advertisement

the ****ing thalmjor judicar are after me now! execution note said I was disrupting their wotsits.

i only met the ****ers once, and I did a favour for them. what the hell dark elves

Everyone seems to love lydia.. she was wrecking my head getting in my way etc so I sent her to her death against a giant!!

I killed that fother mucking giant thou!! got his friggin toe!!

ah ok, i probably over wrote the first one!

jsut reading through these but might wait a few weeks and see what the best ones are dunno
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

i think... *maybe* that if you had the first one enabled when you install the second one.. that the first one stays enabled

.. i think

playing on expert I think.. whichever one is right under the hardest

whatever it was recommended to play on.. Just picked it up and went on my merry way.. Think its perfect the way it is.. some enemies are easy enough and others you really gotta try and think about how to take them out!

/turns on second pc to talk about skyrim while playing skyrim..in yo skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Poor Lydia.....

Loads of ye seem to have let her die, be it her dying by falling down the 7000 steps or getting slain in a mine cause ye over encumbered her...

I hired some Mage guy for 500 gold, and he is class, meet him in the Inn in Riften.

Meanwhile Lydia is in my house in Whiterun, and she has her own bedroom and all, but yet she is always sitting on the chair in my bedroom eating bread.

I can hear her munching away every time I get home, we don't speak or go on quests anymore.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Poor Lydia.....

Loads of ye seem to have let her die, be it her dying by falling down the 7000 steps or getting slain in a mine cause ye over encumbered her...

I hired some Mage guy for 500 gold, and he is class, meet him in the Inn in Riften.

Meanwhile Lydia is in my house in Whiterun, and she has her own bedroom and all, but yet she is always sitting on the chair in my bedroom eating bread.

I can hear her munching away every time I get home, we don't speak or go on quests anymore.:o

I accidentally shot her whilst i was sneaking. well she got in the way. killed her instantly. i just reloaded and she was fine i swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

You cant make arrows via smithing can you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Poor Lydia.....

My Mage guy got slaughtered : ( have yet to enter a battle with Lydia though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just discovered the horse drawn carriages will take you to any town even unvisited ones. I don't mind exploring but I really wish I'd known this sooner!

Advertisement