Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I accidentally shot her whilst i was sneaking. well she got in the way. killed her instantly. i just reloaded and she was fine i swear.

thats domestice abuse right there!
    /turns on second pc to talk about skyrim while playing skyrim..in yo skyrim.

this is when you know you have an addiction! :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just discovered the horse drawn carriages will take you to any town even unvisited ones. I don'tid exploring but I really wish I'd known this sooner!

Yea I knew they did but I really just prefer trying to get there on foot!!

Lends to a better adventure I feel!!

Is it expensive??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Ah Lydia is a foul cheap wench. She ran off on me with a load of my gear a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i have gone through 2 horses so far, wasted roughly 3000 gold in total on them, I'm not buying any more, enemys always go for your horse first. then you.

i have a bit of loot i don't want to part with i want to buy a house somewhere to store all the loot i want to keep but not haul around all the time etc
    can you buy a house in every city? or just certain ones? id like a house in solitude or markarth, how do you go about buying a house or anyone specific you talk to!?!

The mages college place, north of the stormcloak place. When you join, they give you a bed and a wardrobe for free. Thats where all my stuff is until I can afford a house. The only drawback is that its a dorm and you share it with your other apprentices. It's like harry potter.....only more sex. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i disabled that mod...
    after a particularly tough time fighting a bandit camp at night, while it looks pretty it's just not worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

hypermuse wrote: »

Is it expensive??

most expensive price is 50 gold.

Kirby wrote: »
    The mages college place, north of the stormcloak place. When you join, they give you a bed and a wardrobe for free. Thats where all my stuff is until I can afford a house. The only drawback is that its a dorm and you share it with your other apprentices. It's like harry potter.....only more sex. :p

The college of Winterhold looks epic!! Like a proper fort!! I love the look of it.. I joined and was ready to do a load of missions but got side tracked again and am currently trying to make my way to Riften on foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Is it expensive??
    Fairly cheap actually. 20g to the capitals and 50g to the rest is what I remember of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i disabled that mod...
    after a particularly tough time fighting a bandit camp at night, while it looks pretty it's just not worth it

is better when you turn up brightness, looks so good at night. not seen day yet

i feel like im there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kirby wrote: »

Your getting sex in Winterhold College? That didn't happen to me...

Just like real college :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just discovered the horse drawn carriages will take you to any town even unvisited ones. I don'tid exploring but I really wish I'd known this sooner!

Is it expensive??

Got from whiterun to riften for 20 gold, let's see an Irish taxi company beat that! :D

Seems to be around 20-50 gold depending on the place. In riften now to do
    kill the sadistic headmistress
    then up to Solitude to take a look around.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Fairly cheap actually. 20g to the capitals and 50g to the rest is what I remember of it.

Thats real good value for your coin! but I just love roaming around so aint taken the ride yet! does it do instant quicktravel or is it like RDR style (where you can watch the cart drive all the way through the scenery)??

also:

i-9HNNHvS-XL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Funny thing is......a giant was like the FIRST enemy I killed. The only way they can hurt you is the giant slam that sends you 100 feet in the air......but if you simply strafe, they cant hit you. Its very easy with a ranged wep like a bow or magic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are there any Daedric Shrines in Skyrim, other than Azura? Loved those quests in Oblivion.

Kiith wrote: »
    Are there any Daedric Shrines in Skyrim, other than Azura? Loved those quests in Oblivion.

If there is I don't want to know...

spoilers please :o

they were fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    There are a bunch of Daedric quests, you can tell them by the 'Oblivion' icon in the quest journal, not all of them are from shrines though, in fact I've about 5 of the quests and only 2 so far involved shrines.

i feel like im there

yeah.. i changed the .ini file and made it a lot worse, so i changed it back to default and now it looks alot better than it originally did

I must be shrooming

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i hate regenerating health

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Theres the statue to Meridia NE of Solitude, It has a great mission and Azura near winterhall, theres also Molag Bol in a house in Markarth. Thats all ive found so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

thats domestice abuse right there!

I swear to god she just walked into it. pacman.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ha ha ha :D
    just got calcermo and faleen to hook up in markarth. She was saying something like "come here I love you" and the objective complete came up. The sound effect sounded like the start of the Eastenders theme tune :D:D

For your own character or enemies??

it makes me so sad to look at the map and see so many areas discovered... just makes me think how few there must be left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

haha found this here

"There are already console command to disable health regeneration. But it works only until the game is restarted. To disable this regeneration permanently you should use .modav instead of .setav. But .modav cammand works a bit differently. You also should use a negative value there.

So this is what you need to type in the console:
    player.modav healrate -0.7"

I think the game looks wonderful enough on the PS3.. Its nothing close to PC I dont think wanyone could argue but the game play is just brilliant..

my only gripe about having to play on console is that the view distance os pretty poor.. can really put you off sometimes!

For your own character or enemies??
    my own regen, but as i am playing a hard difficulty it may be a bad idea to remove it? dunno just seems to make healing ****!

Auvers wrote: »
    haha found this here

"There are already console command to disable health regeneration. But it works only until the game is restarted. To disable this regeneration permanently you should use .modav instead of .setav. But .modav cammand works a bit differently. You also should use a negative value there.

So this is what you need to type in the console:
    player.modav healrate -0.7"

yay!

i feel like im there

I figured it out

it was working great when I had it in fullscreen mode, but not when I was using that fullscreen windowed mod

i was running flux, so while it was running windowed flux was ****ing with the brightness levels which made everything a ****ton darker

oh haha i have flux too, just didnt bother with the windowed mode. id say that messed it up pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Damn, i have flux on as well.

EDIT: Oh god boards is blinding me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

181433.jpg

Advertisement