Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Had another epic dragon battle there. Came out of the Mages college and a dragon was flying around. It landed on the walkway and started breathing fire down into the courtyard. Was awesome!!

Then it landed and myself and a few other mages got stuck into it. There's now a dragon skeleton right next to the statue in the middle of the courtyard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

my own regen, but as i am playing a hard difficulty it may be a bad idea to remove it? dunno just seems to make healing ****!

ah it doesnt bother me that much as I play as a full mage so I always use restoration whenever I've lost even a tad bit of health to boost my skill level..

It creeps up very very slowly so I wouldnt even notice it to be honest.. between restoration, potions and food I'll always get myself back to full health when its even a smidge off..

Some annoying when you are trying to kill a powerful mage character and you've nearly gotten him dead and then he casts a restoration spell on himself!!

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Had another epic dragon battle there. Came out of the Mages college and a dragon was flying around. It landed on the walkway and started breathing fire down into the courtyard. Was awesome!!

Then it landed and myself and a few other mages got stuck into it. There's now a dragon skeleton right next to the statue in the middle of the courtyard :D

aww nice!! That would look awesome!! I'm jelly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i just picked this up and am leaving work to go home and play.

Fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

That fat b*tch Lydia is always eating my bread, she must need those carbs for all those adventures I DONT bring her on!

Tried getting her to put on an apron...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Found my Kajiiat friedn again!

Signed up to the imperial legion too, even if they are a bunch of d**ks. The pay is good. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ive put every level up into magic bar one but my spells (destruction) wipe me out unless i us the low level ones. and the perks wont open up for ages :(

swiftblade wrote: »
    Found my Kajiiat friedn again!

Signed up to the imperial legion too, even if they are a bunch of d**ks. The pay is good. :P
    Imperial scum... Stormcloaks forever!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

What's the story with torches in this game? I found one at the very beginning but not seen any since. Every cave and dungeon since seem to be so well lit and it's really starting to wreck the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I was thinking of joining the Stormcloaks, but after talking to a few of them and visiting their capital, it seems they feel the Nords are superior to the other races and want to kick all non-Nords out of Skyrim. I'm playing an Elf so feck them, I'm going Imperial.
    Creature wrote: »
    What's the story with torches in this game? I found one at the very beginning but not seen any since. Every cave and dungeon since seem to be so well lit and it's really starting to wreck the atmosphere.
    If you turn the Gamma down, it'll make dungeons darker and a lot more atmospheric. If you do it enough, you'll definitely need to bring a source of light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Creature wrote: »

What? I constantly am taking torches off the wall to look for loot or levers to open gates, alot of time its eerily dark. I even tend to set the odd bandit on fire with the torches (block and shield slam) pretty funny to do when they are yielding, running away with their tails on fire.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can anyone direct me towards an the idiots guide to this whole soul gem /shout thingy? :o Haven't really experimented with the spell/alchemy aspects of the game much yet .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Candlelight and Magelight are perfect for any caves. Really makes finding things easier.

Plus, Magelight looks like a quantum torpedo :P

Imperial scum... Stormcloaks forever!!!!

Meh. At least we Imperials have proper catles to live in. The rebelion is also doomed to fail, the clans will never unite. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

NVM found it.

Who do you talk to in the Thieves Guild to get the thieves guild armour?

Haven't a clue. Didn't even start the Thieves Guild quests yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

read all these images...http://imgur.com/a/tstYg#0
    i wonder can you heal the mammoth :p

swiftblade wrote: »
    Meh. At least we Imperials have proper catles to live in. The rebelion is also doomed to fail, the clans will never unite. :P
    LOL, in my game yee are all living in tents in the mountains and all the gaurds in all the towns are stormcloak and all the bases are belong to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone come across the talking dog quest yet? I was told to find a dog and he ends up being a talking dog! I've to follow him to some shrine thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Gandalph wrote: »
    What? I constantly am taking torches off the wall to look for loot or levers to open gates, alot of time its eerily dark. I even tend to set the odd bandit on fire with the torches (block and shield slam) pretty funny to do when they are yielding, running away with their tails on fire.

Hmm well all I've seen so far are those candle sconce type things that look like animal horns and they can't be interacted with. Maybe I just haven't been to the right places yet, I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

read all these images...http://imgur.com/a/tstYg#0
    i wonder can you heal the mammoth :p

Wow, after reading and seeing them, i need to get this game. Come on New Year so there's not much else out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Has anyone come across the talking dog quest yet? I was told to find a dog and he ends up being a talking dog! I've to follow him to some shrine thing
    its a daedric shrine which opens up into another quest. i havent done that yet though.

Blowfish wrote: »

wow... thats really impressive! looks amazing! would certainly make the map much more interesting and informative to use..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not a great version yet though, buggy he says in description

not a great version yet though, buggy he says in description

NO sound in work.. just pretty pictures for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

My need to own all armour sets(legendary) is ruining me financially.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me towards an the idiots guide to this whole soul gem /shout thingy? :o Haven't really experimented with the spell/alchemy aspects of the game much yet .

i have actually never used a soul gem in my years of playing, must try it out but no idea how yet

so apparently you need a weapon with trap or to cast a spell to do it and then kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Get empty gems
    2. Get Soultrap weapon - Bows are good as you can just plink away at goats and stuff
    3. Fill gems
    4. Use gems to recharge proper enchanted weapons.

Advertisement