Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is there any way to light under water?

exploring the sea now and it's hard going when you're only able to see a foot or so ahead of you

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

magic light?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

officially have no life whatsoever now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just fought a Blood Dragon... Not entirely sure what makes them so special....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just played hide and seek in whiterun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

dont think you can do anything underwater except swim and catch fish with your hands coz your that awesome!!!

I've said I dunno how many times now but my god... this soundtrack is just beautiful to listen to...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone else finding that dragons dont want to fight?

the last 3 have swooped in, breathed a little fire/frost.. took a few arrows and then spent 10 minutes flying around everywhere except where I am.. but not far away enough that the fighting music would stop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not even seen a dragon yet!

Did anybody try the nvidia drivers for skyrim, did it change much? hear it makes fps better anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sooo, finished the game earlier. Level 33, 39Hrs played. 39hrs of win. May go back and do more later, but for now its back to LoL and MW3 mebbe.

Would get my vote for GOT though.

Some pics:
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252017-30-40-61.jpg
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252017-44-31-98.jpg
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252017-52-54-53.jpg
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252018-07-29-87.jpg
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252020-40-31-96.jpg

If I was a minecraft fanboi, this'd be the only weapon I'd use. gg Bethesda. If anyone wants to know where to get it pm me, but its massive spoilz for the main campaign.
    TESV%2525202011-11-15%25252020-47-22-76.jpg

From the album here:
    SPOILERS! https://picasaweb.google.com/114362943141586510090/SkyrimIsPurrrtySpoilersInside?authuser=0&feat=directlink SPOILERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Nodferatu wrote: »
    officially have no life whatsoever now :(

No, you have something better. A Skyrim Purpose. Your quest? To find the answer (only in game! No using the Auger of Dunlain!) to

What is the colour of night?

Seak it out, find the answer, to the end.

• Advertisement

anyone else finding that dragons dont want to fight?

the last 3 have swooped in, breathed a little fire/frost.. took a few arrows and then spent 10 minutes flying around everywhere except where I am.. but not far away enough that the fighting music would stop

They won't land if there isn't a clearing for them to land. Not sure if this applies to them crash landing. Needs some tree physics tbh, if only Speedtree did trees knocked over by dragons who aren't mortally wounded.

Just made myself some Dragonplate Armour! 304 armour rating, i'm a bleedin tank!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

39 hours and finished? it will take me 300. ive played 5 and im in the first town!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

ED E wrote: »
    Sooo, finished the game earlier. Level 33, 39Hrs played. 39hrs of win.

Is it like Fallout where the game ends after the main quest or can you keep playing? Wanna know if I have to stop the main quest at some point.

Also, found that sad giant with the dead mammoth. You can't heal it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just made myself some Dragonplate Armour! 304 armour rating, i'm a bleedin tank!

Same, but I have a whopping 450 armor rating, handy out!

Why does Lydia cary sweet f*ck all?! I brought her on her 1st dungeon and she has only about 170 weight of stuff to carry and she cant take anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blowfish wrote: »
    One of the large manors is for sale in Solitude, but it costs 25k.

I've 23k at the moment and not a whole lot to spend it on, so I'm thinking of actually going for it.

thats how the Skyrim recession will start

Gandalph wrote: »
    Same, but I have a whopping 450 armor rating, handy out!

Why does Lydia cary sweet f*ck all?! I brought her on her 1st dungeon and she has only about 170 weight of stuff to carry and she cant take anymore

I take it you have a good few ability points invested in heavy armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

39 hours and finished? it will take me 300. ive played 5 and im in the first town!

I think I just found a glitch to get max speech....

dunno if you'd call it a glitch or just a loop you can exploit....

leveled up my speech a bit but felt really bad bout it so stopped but there is no reason you cant go up to level 100 speech with it..

I wont post it here so people can avoid it if they want but if you wanna know then PM me... or maybe ill just post it in my conversation page...

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Is it like Fallout where the game ends after the main quest or can you keep playing? Wanna know if I have to stop the main quest at some point.
    Also, found that sad giant with the dead mammoth. You can't heal it :(

I've found the same but.. I think that's a "spoiler that ****" moment. So sad, will not go near them again... (except for my second "KILL ALL THAT LIVES AND BIND THEIR SOULS FOR ITEMS IN MY HOUSE!" playthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I take it you have a good few ability points invested in heavy armour?

3 points in juggernaut and have taken "well fitted"

Burgo wrote: »

Also new ATI CAP drivers for crossfire. How are the new drivers working out for you?

met a bear :eek:

battered him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can this game get any better, cant get over how good it is.
    Single player GOTY for sure.

have seen that bug but not gonna use it, too much artificial levelig in oblivion scarred me... just spamming over and over

every time I try to do a main quest something happens or I go wander off into the woods and fight a bear,then I'm half the world away from where I supposed to be going, its 3hrs later, I bate a few skeletons, robbed their gold, stole a horse, spotted a dragon, got a companion, found a giant, shot at his mammoth and ran like a little girl, got caught in a snowstorm, found some ruins, stopped to admire several views, went for a swim. where was I going again? oh yeah, quest, gotta get on that...

this game is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Mantel wrote: »
    Also new ATI CAP drivers for crossfire. How are the new drivers working out for you?

Just got them there will try them tomorrow, kinda disappointed skyrim wasnt listed for this CAP release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still haven't meet a random dragon :'( I'll post up more pics tomorrow :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Still haven't meet a random dragon :'( I'll post up more pics tomorrow :-D

I keep meeting them but they fly away :( Have only met one random one so fare, but it was epic in fareness :)

Advertisement