Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how do I get to High Hrothgar? I ran up the cliff near where the alchemists cabin is at the bottom of the mountain but I cant find the path, do i go into the mountain somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

krudler wrote: »
    how do I get to High Hrothgar? I ran up the cliff near where the alchemists cabin is at the bottom of the mountain but I cant find the path, do i go into the mountain somewhere?

Go to the village beginning called something starting with an I and go over the bridge, there are steps the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Set your destination for the quest and it will lead you to a village at the bottom of the mountain on the east side, the path from there is over a bridge and up the mountain

ED E wrote: »
    Go to the village beginning called something starting with an I and go over the bridge, there are steps the whole way.

steps?! fcuk sake I was trotting all over the mountain, fought a snow bear and it killed me twice, and I stumbled across
    a bunch of imperial guys marching some dude someplace, then they executed him and I killed them all

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

you have to go to Ivarstead first. Then toddle over the bridge from there.

• Advertisement

You dont "toddle" in Skyrim, you spend every step you take on an adventure :pac: I'm going to apply this to everyday life, tomorrow I leave for the Tesco of the twenty four hours in search of the elusive pizza of destiny, I need some companions, there might be dragons.

This is probably the only game I can get lost, spend a half hour trying to get someplace thats somewhere fairly unspecific on a map and get killed twice in the process, and not see it as time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Random dragon at whiterun farms = a lot of dead farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

NIRNROOT SPOILER LOL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

steps?! fcuk sake I was trotting all over the mountain, fought a snow bear and it killed me twice, and I stumbled across
    a bunch of imperial guys marching some dude someplace, then they executed him and I killed them all
    talk to him and you can rescue him and fight the guards!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Burgo wrote: »
    Just got them there will try them tomorrow, kinda disappointed skyrim wasnt listed for this CAP release.

I'm astounded that skyrim wasn't listed. NVidia had beta drivers for Skyrim out before it was released.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm astounded that skyrim wasn't listed. NVidia had beta drivers for Skyrim out before it was released.

and we didnt even bother downloading them. spoiled us nvidia users :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

NIRNROOT SPOILER LOL

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

skyriminterface.jpg

rofl, ye it's a very odd system

also i wish i could sort by weight etc ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Haha, i came across some of those imperial guards in the snowy mountains surrounded by a few bandits they had obviously just killed. They asked for 100 gold for me to pass. I paid up cos i didn't want no trouble and i was on my way somewhere. I didn't think my armor and weapons would be a match for theirs. When they walked away laughing with my money that really pissed me off so i buried my axe in the back of his head killing him instantly, then killed his two mates. Got my 100 gold back plus loads of loot and some nice shiny new armor for myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Why is it that sometimes enemys will appear as red dots on my compass at the top of the HUD and other times i can be right up behind one about to backstab him and i get no red dot? I dont knot how many times i thought something was friendly only to find out the hard way that they aren't.

Other than that im loving the game despite the fact that im playing it on an Xbox. The more i play it the more i want to spend money on a new gaming rig. Gah! I must bide my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

falan wrote: »
    Haha, i came across some of those imperial guards in the snowy mountains surrounded by a few bandits they had obviously just killed. They asked for 100 gold for me to pass. I paid up cos i didn't want no trouble and i was on my way somewhere. I didn't think my armor and weapons would be a match for theirs. When they walked away laughing with my money that really pissed me off so i buried my axe in the back of his head killing him instantly, then killed his two mates. Got my 100 gold back plus loads of loot and some nice shiny new armor for myself...

Lmfao

anybody elses clairvoyance spell not work? it did but now its broken. nothing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Why is it that sometimes enemys will appear as red dots on my compass at the top of the HUD and other times i can be right up behind one about to backstab him and i get no red dot? I dont knot how many times i thought something was friendly only to find out the hard way that they aren't.

Other than that im loving the game despite the fact that im playing it on an Xbox. The more i play it the more i want to spend money on a new gaming rig. Gah! I must bide my time.

Red dots only appear then the target has drawn his weapon or has noticed you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

anybody elses clairvoyance spell not work? it did but now its broken. nothing happens.

Not to be flippant, but are you sure you have a quest selected? Or do you have a custom map marker added?

I've found it only works when I'm on a main path, so to speak, as opposed to standing on the side of a mountain, and doesn't work all to well in small dungeons.

• Advertisement

ye it was working one min and not the next with nothing changed, i tried markers, quests etc. it only seems to work in dungeons now! think if i reboot the game it may work dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Its really starting to get very stuttery for me on the ps3. Apparently this happens if your savegame file goes over 5mb :confused:

Oh great Im fighting all these enemies who are disarm junkies...they are not hard but sometimes my fricken axe is hard to find after getting knocked back, wasting too much adventure time! Havnt used it in awhile but its time to go on wolf bruise cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The inventory is starting to annoy me too. But I've tweaked the key mappings to stop me from having too many button presses.

I've changed the map and inventory buttons to the thumb buttons on my mouse and have changed the journal button to the mouse wheel click button. Looking forward to seeing what the modders can do with the UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

The Break of Dawn quest is literally retarded. It's nigh impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

justryan wrote: »
    Red dots only appear then the target has drawn his weapon or has noticed you

Cheers. I slaughtered an entire camp of Stormcloaks as i didnt know if they where friendly or not. So now i know what that bearclaw icon on the map means. Funny thing was i wiped about 10 of them out handy enough only to enter a cave and get my ass handed to me by a single Troll :mad:

I always thought in Elder Scrolls games the vendors always keep the stuff you sell them, the vendors seem to be getting rid of my stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Elder Dragons = :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Notorioux wrote: »
    Elder Dragons = :mad::mad::mad:
    I agree. I've fought five now and they all have been tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Its really starting to get very stuttery for me on the ps3. Apparently this happens if your savegame file goes over 5mb :confused:

if you start another save file does this resolve the issue? i thought it was just because my PS3 was old.

Advertisement