Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Its really starting to get very stuttery for me on the ps3. Apparently this happens if your savegame file goes over 5mb :confused:
    http://kotaku.com/5859983/do-not-let-skyrim-overflow-your-ps3/gallery/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think the Skyrim interface is a classic case of "but it looks good". If nothing else, it looks classy; very clean & simple too as a visual entity. But yes, as a user interface it's absolutely dreadful.

The only thing we can be sure of is that modders will be hard at work re-building the thing. Worth remembering that Oblivion's wasn't too good by default either: it had the same problem of very little information actually visible at any one time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jesus, it's only out a week and already the improvements that people are making on the engine are amazing. If only i had an monster pc.

http://deadendthrills.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanjharris/sets/72157628114774012/detail/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Had to go get a mammoth tusk last night, brought Lydia for some back up, wasn't expecting her to make it back from this.

Travelled west of Whiterun, sure enough there was one giant and one mammoth, was about to engage when a second mammoth fell out of the sky and died.

"Well that was a freebie"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Stormcall shout seems to be really good for aiding you in Dragon Fights and fighting large groups of powerful enemies. When you shout at the enemies the sky turns stormy and lightning hits enemies around you and continuously does so for about 2 minutes. A nice DoT (Damage over time) affect :)

• Advertisement

The Stormcall shout seems to be really good for aiding you in Dragon Fights and fighting large groups of powerful enemies. When you shout at the enemies the sky turns stormy and lightning hits enemies around you and continuously does so for about 2 minutes. A nice DoT (Damage over time) affect :)

Where does one acquire this Stormcall shout???

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, seriously, that sounds epic. I have flame and frost shout, super push and super whirlwind. Have 2 souls left to use but need to get me some more shouts learned. Although nothing like pushing someone off a cliff in a battle. If only everyone attacked me near cliffs or ravines or other naturally occuring ledges

Ill try post later where I got it, I can't remember exactly but it's in a dungeon/ruins where you help a woman fight a powerful Undead Necromancer called Yokan (you get his mask when you defeat him which is really good: +20% effect on Conjuration, Alteration and Illusion IIRC)

Downside to the shout is that it has a 300 second recharge time. Which I think is fair considering it deals significant damage over a period of time. I think it also hits allied NPC's so if you have companions I don't think it's the best shout to use, more for if you're doing stuff alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

My sword Dawnbreaker is amazing against Draugr it kills one then lets out a massive explosion damaging near by Draugr, very handy indeed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

How do you make money smithing ?
    nearly everything i can craft is worth more in its ingot form

I can make money enchanting from soul trapping and enchanting some daggers or something but thats only viable if i have an endless supply of mud crabs and empty soul stones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Spunge wrote: »

I can make money enchanting from soul trapping and enchanting some daggers or something but thats only viable if i have an endless supply of mud crabs and empty soul stones

i found it better to make money using the alchemy. potions are handy to make and you collect the ingredients as you saunter around the world.

Yeah i've been trying out alchemy too, but not really made much off it so far. Do you eat every ingredient you find, and do you just randomly start mixing stuff together to find new effects ?

I definitely wont be putting any perk points into it, but if i can make money out of it and get loads of healing potions im all for it.

I haven't been making money smithing, more so from enchanting but iv been mainly trying to get my smithing and enchanting skills up (really want some Daedric or Dragon Armour!)

Fairly handy to increase smithy skill if you have the money. If you have a fair amount of Iron and leather strips just make Iron daggers and watch your skills increase quickly. Took me about a little over an hour to get my smithy skill to 82 where it was 20 beforehand (the time included actually finding ingots as well, not just solid smithy crafting)

My sword Dawnbreaker is amazing against Draugr it kills one then lets out a massive explosion damaging near by Draugr, very handy indeed :cool:

Yup it's a great sword to use, probably one of the best to use id say since you encounter alot of Draugr and Undead enemies. The explosion effect is really cool too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Jesus, it's only out a week and already the improvements that people are making on the engine are amazing. If only i had an monster pc.

http://deadendthrills.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanjharris/sets/72157628114774012/detail/

Thankfully i have a monster PC, Skyrim on PC + mods is full of win!!!

Found this character builder if anyone is interested.
    Feel free to share builds :)

http://ie.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Making jewelery is probably the only way to make any real money from smithing.

Where did you find that weapon?

Is it a one handed or 2 handed sword....please be one handed....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I killed a dragon but didnt capture a soul and as a result I wasnt able to unlock a shout. Has this happened to anyone else?

Jaysus this alchemy malarky is really a gold mine.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

It's one handed. You get it by completing a quest for Meridia, one of the Daedric gods so you need to seek out her shrine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    Thankfully i have a monster PC, Skyrim on PC + mods is full of win!!!

Found this character builder if anyone is interested.
    Feel free to share builds :)

http://ie.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create
    This is what I'm ultimately aiming for. Only 30 odd levels to go...

Mr Freeze wrote: »

One handed ;) and you get it for doing the quest at the Meridia shrine to the west of solitude.

Riamfada wrote: »
    I killed a dragon but didnt capture a soul and as a result I wasnt able to unlock a shout. Has this happened to anyone else?

You don't need to 'capture' a dragon soul using Soul Trap. You absorbed the Dragon soul after you defeated it. Go into the Shout menu and press R (if on PC) on whichever shout you want to unlock

I think the only type of gem you can use to capture a Dragon Soul using Soul trap is a Black Soul Gem. But for unlocking shouts & getting Dragon Souls you don't need to use Soul Trap at all

Yeah i've been trying out alchemy too, but not really made much off it so far. Do you eat every ingredient you find, and do you just randomly start mixing stuff together to find new effects ?

I definitely wont be putting any perk points into it, but if i can make money out of it and get loads of healing potions im all for it.

i eat everything once and then mix away when i'm at the table. as you create potions you unlock new effects for the ingredients. i just sit there clicking X to craft and then go and sell most of them.

You guys must have a crap load of ingredients, i ate everything i owned 1 or more of, mixed every potion that was listed, and made about 100 profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i went to whiterun today to sell a load of loot proceeded to beletors general goods store and when i entered accidentally hit the shout button releasing unrelenting force, everything on the counter flew off aswell as beletor himself staggering back and he shouted out to the guards. queue 4 or 5 whiterun guards entering and demanding i pay or go to jail, i said id rather die than than go to jail, i ended up slaughtering them all robbed everything in sight and left with bounty of 3100 on my head. though i did end up reloading a save due to every whiterun guard gunning for me, t'was funny

You guys must have a crap load of ingredients, i ate everything i owned 1 or more of, mixed every potion that was listed, and made about 100 profit.

i hoard it all. i pick all ingredients up as they weigh next no nothing. just leave it for a while and you'd be surprised what you get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You can also steal a suprising amount of ingredients from around the place, Whitehold College alone will get you a decent number. The potions will sell for the same regardless of whether the ingredients were stolen or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Blowfish wrote: »
    This is what I'm ultimately aiming for. Only 30 odd levels to go...

Interesting build, i started a new character the other day after a dodgy race choice initially.
    I went with a high elf for the extra mana regen.
    So far ive only a few points in destruction and restoration, not sure what else to go with.
    Loving the fire bolts and the resulting rag doll physics on dead mobs :D
    What other specialization would compliment destruction and restoration ?

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    You can also steal a suprising amount of ingredients from around the place, Whitehold College alone will get you a decent number. The potions will sell for the same regardless of whether the ingredients were stolen or not.

Iv noticed stealing in shops is a little more Lenient, some of the Alchemy shops you can just take loads of ingredients and even a few potions and they don't appear as 'Steal' or 'Stolen' (nor repercussions for taking them)

No more country wide man hunt for stealing a spoon anymore :D

Advertisement