Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

love the way i saw it from ages away and was like, what is that glowing beauty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

If you drop it in your house, do it still glow and sing to you? :p Wonder what a tonne of them dropped in the same place would sound like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

love the way i saw it from ages away and was like, what is that glowing beauty :D

at least they are easier to find!!

Pretty sure they grow by the waterside so I'm think it shouldn't be that hard to find loads in the south east of the map by the big lake river you can see on the map..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

titan18 wrote: »
    Junctioning allows you to have it installed on your SSD and on the HDD.

Here you go

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/262456-14-guide-transfer-steam-games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W8tZs1OzCk
    I used first link and worked no problem - cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ill try post later where I got it, I can't remember exactly but it's in a dungeon/ruins where you help a woman fight a powerful Undead Necromancer called Yokan (you get his mask when you defeat him which is really good: +20% effect on Conjuration, Alteration and Illusion IIRC)
    PauloConn wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously, that sounds epic. I have flame and frost shout, super push and super whirlwind. Have 2 souls left to use but need to get me some more shouts learned. Although nothing like pushing someone off a cliff in a battle. If only everyone attacked me near cliffs or ravines or other naturally occuring ledges
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Where does one acquire this Stormcall shout???

It's in a location called The High Gate Ruins, it's located east of Solitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Anyone get a second update today on the xbox? Fixed a few problems for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I haven't touched the main quest in days.... I'm on 28 hours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Graphics are really good, but oddly jagged for "ultra high settings" :/

Really liking it so far even if the introductory quest is a bit reminsicent of the Witcher 2 (you are a prisoner. you need to run away from a dragon). I prefer it to the Witcher 2 though - which I found very disappointing and lost interest in after a while.

Like the feel of the game a lot - very easy to immerse yourself in it. Not sure about the favourites approach of presisng q to select a spell - I think the number-mapping of oblivion was probably better. I guess this is a result of designing for a control pad :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    I haven't touched the main quest in days.... I'm on 28 hours :D

nor have I :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

made it to high Hrtothgar, they werent joking when they called the path the 7000 steps were they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hated that path.. not the wolves, just when I was so close I could actually see the door there was a bloody snow troll >.<

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an Elder Scrolls forum on boards.ie not that long ago?

Cos at 3200+ posts (and growing rapidly), and given the excitement and enthusiasm for this game, there's a good call to bring that forum back :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an Elder Scrolls forum on boards.ie not that long ago?

Cos at 3200+ posts (and growing rapidly), and given the excitement and enthusiasm for this game, there's a good call to bring that forum back :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I got married last night to a bloke I picked up in a pub. :D
    Personal Issues Forum
    >

Has anyone else encountered the headless horseman? Is he part of a quest or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pixelburp wrote: »

Tis still there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Mages guild *SPOILER*
    Anyone else think that the mages guild and its quests are sh*t. Basically just a couple of really long and tedius fetch quests.
    Maybe it's also because there's no benefit from joining the mages guild, in oblivion I couldn't enchant or make spells without joining the guild but I can enchant anywhere in skyrim.
    Still have to complete the thieves guild and dark brotherhood, hopefully they'll be better

I'm not too far into it....

But already I'm having Fallout like troubles of hoarding and with no house(5000 is a lot, I've not reached it yet) I find myself short on space between me and my companion

Is there any secret uses for stuff like the Dragon Scales, Embalming tools, Jewellery etc...? I don't want to sell items off and find I need them further down the line.

Wouldn't as much of an issue if I had the house instead of carting it all around and not leaving much space for scavenging :D

Also do you have to wait until winterhold(spelling?) to learn how to enchant/use magic properly?... I have scrolls and books etc.. and they weren't really explained properly to their uses so mainly just using weapons.
    Worth noting, when I was told to go to the Greybeards(?) I decided to try trek to the Winterhold(?) so I could be self inflicting some progression in terms of that enquiry,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I had the same problems re hoarding stuff. So last night I took a trip around most of the major towns and cities, scavenging several caves and bandit hideouts. Managed to get lots of valuable stuff and sold it all to pay 5 grand for the house.

Of course, now I've no money to furnish it.

*subscribes*

Although maybe this thread should be moved in there, or maybe the forum renamed as "Elder Scrolls" may not be obvious to everyone playing that it includes Skyrim :D

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »

yes there is

I aint even made it up to the greybeards yet and I'm level 24 or 25!! Will prob do the college of Whiterun quests first

Does anyone else remember Todd Howard saying you can sabotage the wood mill in river wood or in any town and it would make a shortage of wood weapons available? he also said that if you left a weapon in the middle of the street npcs would come over and pick it up and sometimes fight over it? did I just imagine him saying that or can you actually do those things?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

cmere to me people of skyrim and answer me a question

i have a silver sword for taking on draugur and whatnot.. but it's only 20 damage, and for some reason i've never been able to improve it

but i also have some legendary glass swords that do 73 damage.. do I really need the silver sword for other forms of undead/ghosts/whatnot?

and has anyone been able to upgrade them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Does anyone else remember Todd Howard saying you can sabotage the wood mill in river wood or in any town and it would make a shortage of wood weapons available? he also said that if you left a weapon in the middle of the street npcs would come over and pick it up and sometimes fight over it? did I just imagine him saying that or can you actually do those things?

I dropped some clothes on the street and a woman came up to me and said "you dropped this, do you mind if I take it?"

I also remember the wood mill thing, and I spent about 5 minutes hacking away at one of them a couple of days ago... nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I dropped some clothes on the street and a woman came up to me and said "you dropped this, do you mind if I take it?"

I also remember the wood mill thing, and I spent about 5 minutes hacking away at one of them a couple of days ago... nothing happened.

I dropped a load of weapons in Dragonsreach, and a guard came over and started complaining I was littering. What a jerk.

I posted it on the bethesda forums too,they all thought I was crazy ;s

I accidently stole a blacksmiths apron in the rifden blacksmith basement and so I dropped it straight away.. yer man comes down and asks if he can take it.. I said yea and started getting real nervous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Haven't tried the woodmills but if you drop weapons in a town it will get you a warning and possibly arrested.

On a side note, anybody heard of this trick with torches and locks? Supposedly holding a torch for 30 seconds over a lock (e.g expert, master) reduces the pick attempt to a novice level. Haven't tried it myself but will do tonight when real life stops getting in the way :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Haven't tried the woodmills but if you drop weapons in a town it will get you a warning and possibly arrested.

On a side note, anybody heard if this trick with torches and locks? Supposedly holding a torch for 30 seconds over a lock (e.g expert, master) reduces the pick attempt to a novice level. Haven't tried it myself but will do tonight when real life stops getting in the way :D

Hmm sounds interesting.. do let me know if it works.. wont be able to get to skyrim for a few nights now!

Come on the weekend!

• Advertisement

Has anyone gotten in a bar fight?

Advertisement