Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Has anyone gotten in a bar fight?

Yep 2 of them so far and both women :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

DarkJager wrote: »

Do you just start fighting with your fists or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Master Vampires
    , best way to kill them?

Also anyone got the full shouts yet i only have 1 full one "Unrelenting force"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

they boast that theyre the best fighter, blah .blah blah then you ask them for a go, and they oblige

DarkJager wrote: »

Both started through conversation options marked with brawl at the end of them. You auto switch to your fists and then proceed to beat the **** out of them. You should stop when they drop to their knees though unless you want a murder and what comes with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Massive trek to Saarthal for the Forbidden Legends quest, the place needs a key :(

Was a good journey getting there though, I've seen its a mages guild quest to get access to this place is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

humanji wrote: »
    Personal Issues Forum
    >

Has anyone else encountered the headless horseman? Is he part of a quest or something?

Actually yes i came across him on my first hour of the game just outside a town (cant remember where) i was walking on the path at night and a ghostly horseman came at me, tried to talk as he flew by but he didnt stop!

Forgot about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nirnroot??? So 5 years ago
    crimson
    nirnroot is where it's at ;)

Edit: and almost 20 hours in and I only just discovered that if you dual wield weapons you get a nice 3 hit combo if you hold down both triggers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

calex71 wrote: »
    Nirnroot??? So 5 years ago
    crimson
    nirnroot is where it's at ;)

Edit: and almost 20 hours in and I only just discovered that if you dual wield weapons you get a nice 3 hit combo if you hold down both triggers

I have feck all stamina as all my points go into magic!!
    had to put a bit into health thou coz I have no armour.. just robes!! need to do some serious enchantment!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

can you actually see how each point affects stamina/health/magicka? i put one in health and the rest in magic. sure if they dont hit me how can i die? :pac:

and why put it in stamina at all?

• Advertisement

can you actually see how each point affects stamina/health/magicka? i put one in health and the rest in magic. sure if they dont hit me how can i die? :pac:

Stamina is used for power attacks, probably more used to guys using double handed weapons. I just can't use them at all no matter how awesome some look, just way too slow to fight with.

Ive been using close damage magic most of the time so end up getting myself in tricky situations..

Need to buy more spells.. I'm reluctant to coz I'm such a tighta$$ thatI'm afraid I'll be annoyed if I find a spell tome for a spell that I already paid to learn!!

I would never dual wield weapons as it would require to much stamina.. I have a one handed weapon on standby at all times just incase!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye i would never go near double handed weapons in this game tbh.

i ran into my first possible companion, jenassa for 500 gold, do they all need to be paid or what? is she even worth it? dunno if ill get any companions tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Glad I'm not a vampire anymore, that was horrible, got attacked wherever I went.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

hypermuse wrote: »
    Ive been using close damage magic most of the time so end up getting myself in tricky situations..

Need to buy more spells.. I'm reluctant to coz I'm such a tighta$$ thatI'm afraid I'll be annoyed if I find a spell tome for a spell that I already paid to learn!!

I would never dual wield weapons as it would require to much stamina.. I have a one handed weapon on standby at all times just incase!! :D

Only if they get up again :pac:

There are a few stamina reduction perks that help as you develop a two armed warrior build as well, I have just got the first one myself.

EDIT: You're talking Mages so not really relevant :)

ye i would never go near double handed weapons in this game tbh.

i ran into my first possible companion, jenassa for 500 gold, do they all need to be paid or what? is she even worth it? dunno if ill get any companions tbh

I've avoided them!! your housecarl woman (Lydia) that you get in whiterun annoyed the hell outa me so I got rid of her straight away!!

If I cant do it by myself then it aint worth doing at all!! I'm a lone ranger (mage :p) me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've avoided them!! your housecarl woman (Lydia) that you get in whiterun annoyed the hell outa me so I got rid of her straight away!!

If I cant do it by myself then it aint worth doing at all!! I'm a lone ranger (mage :p) me :D

She is helpful for carrying stuff, especially if you are not adding points to stamina which lets you carry more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

but what will you do when you're halfway through a dungeon and already full up of loot?

WHO WILL CARRY ALL THE LOOT?!

you could always sell the spell tome!

i have like no money, bought ingots etc for smithing and i should have been saving for a house :(
    not that ive got as far as seeing them for sale yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Ive lost two companions so far....both dead, one in a dungeon (i may visit it again to pay respects to her, throw a ninroot or two on her corpse..) and the other up on top a snowy mountain...too hard to find again id say..

I need someone whos not crap to fight for me!!

• Advertisement

but what will you do when you're halfway through a dungeon and already full up of loot?

WHO WILL CARRY ALL THE LOOT?!

so who are the best companions? i may need lootholders as ill never put a point in stamina :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Finally defeated Hagraven after a lot of hit and miss attempts. Once you get close to him he'll stop shooting those awful fireballs, then it's just mash-the-face-out-of-him time.

Do your companions stay dead if they get killed or do they revive themselves? I was down in some dungeon with a Giant Frostbite Spider, every time I told Jenassa to wait she tried to be a hero, and got herself killed. (Luckily he got stuck in a door so I managed to snipe at him with arrows) Eventually told her to wait really far away so I wouldn't have to worry about her, was paranoid that she'd be gone for good if she died.

Anyone ever encountered those Wispmothers on the mountains? Thought I'd try my luck but I got my face ripped off by them...just about Level 6 now so maybe I need to buff up a bit.

Oh man, I just love this game so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

can you block magic attacks or fire with anything? like enchant a shield or something? havent really gotten into the enchanting/alchemy side of it yet

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Finally defeated Hagraven after a lot of hit and miss attempts. Once you get close to him he'll stop shooting those awful fireballs, then it's just mash-the-face-out-of-him time.

Do your companions stay dead if they get killed or do they revive themselves? I was down in some dungeon with a Giant Frostbite Spider, every time I told Jenassa to wait she tried to be a hero, and got herself killed. (Luckily he got stuck in a door so I managed to snipe at him with arrows) Eventually told her to wait really far away so I wouldn't have to worry about her, was paranoid that she'd be gone for good if she died.

Anyone ever encountered those Wispmothers on the mountains? Thought I'd try my luck but I got my face ripped off by them...just about Level 6 now so maybe I need to buff up a bit.

Oh man, I just love this game so much :D

I don't know if it's just easy difficulty, but Lydia can simply not die unless I decide to have a moment of lulz (usually near a running stream or cliff top :pac:)

We got in to one spot of bother where I hid in a log cabin while she got pounded by 4 archers and only ever dropped to her knees for a minute at most (I know that sounds scarily like innuendo :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When get to the
    College in Winterhold
    and join up, yer one assigns you a room - can I store stuff in this like it's a house? Or will some ballix rob it all?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Started this today, up to level 4 in a couple of hours. Feels rather easy compared to say fallout 3 for e.g so far. Loving it though

nuxxx wrote: »
    Started this today, up to level 4 in a couple of hours. Feels rather easy compared to say fallout 3 for e.g so far. Loving it though
    harden up that difficulty man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

whoa the 50% slowdown time archery perk is TOO SLOW.
    by the time you've zoomed in half your stamina is gone :p

reloading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

When get to the
    College in Winterhold
    and join up, yer one assigns you a room - can I store stuff in this like it's a house? Or will some ballix rob it all?!

i think you can...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

pixelburp wrote: »
    Although maybe this thread should be moved in there, or maybe the forum renamed as "Elder Scrolls" may not be obvious to everyone playing that it includes Skyrim :D
    In about 20 posts, this will actually be the longest thread ever in the games forum, I say leave it here :)
    krudler wrote: »
    can you block magic attacks or fire with anything? like enchant a shield or something? havent really gotten into the enchanting/alchemy side of it yet
    The restoration wards block magic, and there's 30% magic resistance as perks in the Alteration Tree.

As for items, there are potions but I don't think there are any enchants.

Advertisement