Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes they charge loads extra :S

now i have to make separate orders, wtf are they at?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ordered, cant wait, 5 days shipping though grr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

can you select any shipping options with amazon that guarantee it arrives on release date?

i'd consider paying at a bricks and mortar, or ordering a more expensive option online if it means i get it on the day :)

can you select any shipping options with amazon that guarantee it arrives on release date?

i'd consider paying at a bricks and mortar, or ordering a more expensive option online if it means i get it on the day :)

i think you can get it on the day but it costs as much as the game to do that

would rather wait a few days and spend 30, seeing as dota 2, dead island, deus ex 3 are all coming out too $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

hrm, waiting isn't really the problem.. its more the fact that I know at least one other friend is getting it and if he has it for the guts of a week longer than me he just wont shut up about how awesome it is and it'll drive me spare

still, plenty of time to think my options through :)

• Advertisement

that will annoy me too, all the steam friends saying 'is now playing skyrim' :/
    for 20e i will have to man up

OOOH **** i have to cancel. I dont have a dvd drive, nor do i ever want one, whoops. steam prices it is!

plus witha dvd do you actually have to use the dvd every time you play these days?

it depends on the game :)

how the hell do you not have a dvd drive in 2011

--edit
    on a slightly more helpful note

http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Retail-CD-Key-Pre-order.html

30 euro from here, and they take laser \o/ That's my problems over anyway

it doesnt have steam activation so im not entirely sure how it works.. do you download a warezed iso and use the retail cd key they give you but.. its still 30 euro

neither of my computers have one, ive not had one for about 5 years or more, nor have i ever needed one, until now. Think they are pretty pointless at this stage.

Would have been handy now but ill just get it online. Much prefer to have things on steam anyway, what with having the game everywhere etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement

g2play are not genuine?
    i was looking at getting deus ex there too, are they not reputable?

--edit

or are you just talking about skyrim in particular, cos there's no download option or disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Given that we don't know Skyrim's DRM, ordering a CD key makes no sense.

With Fallout 3 you didn't need the disc after installation. I hope it's like that. I especially hope steam isn't compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Not sure if this was posted. It's 35 minutes of footage from quakecon.

lol at the crowd

EDIT: Nevermind it got taken down :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

thanks vargulf, now the anticipation has worsened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Special edition ordered in Gamestop yesterday :)

how much?

would love a cheaper oline version than steam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

how much?

Buy from g2play.net, always vastly cheaper than steam.

http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Retail-CD-Key-Pre-order.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Vargulf wrote: »

worst. audience. ever.

seriously, what a bunch of douchebags.

game looks awesome though. it still feels like Oblivion which is sort of what I want. A better looking Oblivion without the leveling issues.

one thing that worried me a little was the load time at 18:30, a little long i felt. I think I'm leaning more towards the PC version to try get shorter load times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

quarryman wrote: »
    worst. audience. ever.

seriously, what a bunch of douchebags.

game looks awesome though. it still feels like Oblivion which is sort of what I want. A better looking Oblivion without the leveling issues.

one thing that worried me a little was the load time at 18:30, a little long i felt. I think I'm leaning more towards the PC version to try get shorter load times.

Totally agree with the audience, i watched it early this morning and i put it down to my sore head but yeah what a bunch of douchebags.
    If you have a half decent pc go for it, a mickey mouse pc will out perform the consoles with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The video is awesome, shame about the video and audio going out of sync towards the end.

But man, I cannot wait to get this game. I agree with Quarryman, there's still that Oblivion feel, it's just been improved dramatically. I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

how much?

I'm going to buy retail so I can get the map. I'm old school that way :)

Besides, will the game be using SteamWorks?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Anyone else think it looks a little scripted? Like it seemed as if where you could go was dictated by the roads. Especially when he was going up the mountain in the snow, it didn't even look like it was possible to get off the road.
    Maybe it's just the nature of the mountainy region

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm going to buy retail so I can get the map. I'm old school that way :)

Besides, will the game be using SteamWorks?

Is there a map with the standard edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Is there a map with the standard edition?
    id presume it will as oblivion came with a map. though it was pretty basic not very detailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Here's the video for people that missed it. Got taken down on youtube pretty fast.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkefdc_1_news

Edit: oops didn't see that link in the post above.

Game looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I'll be calling in sick when this comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else think it looks a little scripted? Like it seemed as if where you could go was dictated by the roads. Especially when he was going up the mountain in the snow, it didn't even look like it was possible to get off the road.
    Maybe it's just the nature of the mountainy region

I hope thats not the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Everytime I see more and more footage the more I'm impressed with it. I like how fluid the special kills are, far more fluid than Deus Ex's takedowns............what's not to like about kicking a wolf in the face :D

The dragons act incredible and don't look like the type you can take on early in the game. I expect plenty of running like a bitch when I start off.

I like how similiar it looks to Oblivion but obviously improved in so many ways. There's still the odd stiff animation but that just gives it the Oblivion charm :pac:

November feels like an eternity away but at least there's some decent games to fill the gap between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Did anyone else think that the voice of the blacksmith in the village and the guy up in the old dragon temple sounded really like one of the Oblivion voices? I really hope they've expanded their voice actors a bit this time...

I didn't really bother me in Oblivion but with everything else improved so much for Skyrim it'd be a shame to be reminded of the limited Oblivion style voices every time you get into a conversation

Advertisement