Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

stealing/thieving isn't as fun in this game was it was in oblivion imo.. i dunno why, there just seemed to be so much more cool **** lying around the houses in oblivion

maybe it's just way too easy to make money in this game so I dont have to swan around stealing plates from farmers

I remember when I 1st started playing marrowind!! I stole every plate, spoon cup I could find just to sell for a few coin!! now I get annoyed if I accidently pick up a wooden plate.. hate them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Gandalph, i think they are basically a primitive gang of nordic folk who apparently worship daedra and get up to all sorts. Don't want the empire in Skyrim either... kind of similar to the ashlanders in Morrowind if you ever played it!

Its a pity theyre not another faction to be honest. They're automatically an enemy if they spot you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Gandalph, i think they are basically a primitive gang of nordic folk who apparently worship daedra and get up to all sorts. Don't want the empire in Skyrim either... kind of similar to the ashlanders in Morrowind if you ever played it!

Its a pity theyre not another faction to be honest. They're automatically an enemy if they spot you.
    Theres quests in markarth for them, I think you can make friends with there king. I have a mission where im put into jail and have to meet him, I got whooped so went back a save or to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

what do you do with cabbages...i have 60 lol

You can trade them for coin at a farm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had my first random dragon encounter :-D Was walking along and saw 3 legion troops transporting a prisioner and then in the distance I saw a frost dragon fighting a giant,twas epic!!!!!!!! I'm gonna post up a load pics soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

what do you do with cabbages...i have 60 lol
    justryan wrote: »
    You can trade them for coin at a farm

Also you can chop wood at a farm then trade your firewood..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ScreenShot12.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot14.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

A bug

ScreenShot17.jpg

A frost dragon

ScreenShot18.jpg

everyone in the legion group is dead

ScreenShot19.jpg

ScreenShot20.jpg

ScreenShot21.jpg

ScreenShot22.jpg

A weird bug?blood sputtering ?

ScreenShot27.jpg

ScreenShot24.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

those [pcks look pretty nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Trying to decide between picking up the PC or Xbox 360 version. The deciding factor will be the load times i reckon.

Anyone got an idea on how much worse they are on the Xbox 360 compared to the PC?

• Advertisement

Just had a REALLY annoying time waste.

I had to back track over an hour due to all 3 auto saves being in the ''bottomless pit''(think that's what it was called from the outside) and whats referred to on the pause screen as the Temple of Xrib(?)

I got through the first few parts all right, then came to this fella(he was named the same as the others :mad:) and a weird spitting creature, I died about 20 times even trying to outrun them hoping for a door soon after, he's able to kill me fairly quickly and you can't get back out.

Fairly annoying tbh, it's basically a trap, there should be some warnings like there was for the Fallout DLC advising on Level to progress :(... if I wasn't keeping extra saves then I'd have had to either keep trying(he was harder than my second Dragon kill a few minutes before that which is now lost :mad:) or restart the game from the beginning.... why have something so hard you can't get back out off?.... seems a bit cheap to me, when you stumble across an area the last thing you're thinking is ''I won't be able to get out of here and it's going to get ridiculously hard all of a sudden, best take a manual save/no enter''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

quarryman wrote: »
    Trying to decide between picking up the PC or Xbox 360 version. The deciding factor will be the load times i reckon.

Anyone got an idea on how much worse they are on the Xbox 360 compared to the PC?

The loading screen have short tip messages. On the pc I don't have enough time to read those screens.

edit: Just watched a video on youtube of someone playing on 360 and some loads took up to 30 seconds, I think the long loads on pc take 5 seconds but it will depend on your hard drive speed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

should have lowered the difficulty i guess!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tuxy wrote: »
    The loading screen have short tip messages. On the pc I don't have enough time to read those screens.

its actually annoying that it loads so fast on pc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

If it's impossible to beat, consider dropping the difficulty settings? This happened to me against
    Morokei
    in the mage's guild quest. Found him ridiculously difficult to beat. It was particularly annoying as the rest of the game has been fairly doable on expert settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its actually annoying that it loads so fast on pc :pac:

Maybe i should install the game on a slow external hard drive.

dango wrote: »
    If it's impossible to beat, consider dropping the difficulty settings? This happened to me against
    Morokei
    in the mage's guild quest. Found him ridiculously difficult to beat. It was particularly annoying as the rest of the game has been fairly doable on expert settings.

Taught never crossed my mind :eek:.

The difficulty wasn't the problem, it's the fact I couldn't get back out and had to reload an older save, I had trouble in another area with those ball/guards(robot things) and I just left and backtracked.

Took me about 20 goes to beat the same Dragon(he was spitting frost instead of fire this time :confused:) so with that out of the way I can accept my losses as I had found that Temple soon after.

tuxy wrote: »
    Maybe i should install the game on a slow external hard drive.
    ye one of those eco green ones should do the job, pity harddrives are a few hundred euro now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Did anyone encounter the dragon priest
    krosis at shearpoint after you defeat the dragon
    , the mutha fecker owned me so many times that in the end I
    grabbed / learned the shout
    and ran like hell leaving poor Lydia to hold him off :p she is such a dear :D

Internet says you need to be around level
    to beat him so it looks like ill have to return to it later.

What's the story with stealing?

After 10hours in, I decided to rob some stuff from Dragonsreach, it was at night and I went undetected, then an hour later ''Hired Thugs'' attack me, they have decent loot and aren't the hardest but I'd rather avoid this happening every 30mins or so.

Is there a set number of times they'll come?, would killing the sender finish it(wizard in Dragonsreach both times)?... should I just keep stealing now if I'm going to be attacked every 30mins anyway?

Tried look it up earlier and best I found was an IGN video on how to steal in a store by putting a basket over the owners head, didn't deal with the future repercussions etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Taking my sweet time getting to the other major locations, think I have 2 or 3 left. Only bothered to go to Bards College now but quit before I started.

Lordy, I have so many quests at the moment. Everytime I do one I get plonked with three more wherever I go. Most of which aren't boring or tedious, fortunately. Just hard to sort out which ones I'll do if I'm heading a certain direction.............decisions, decisions :pac:

Anywho, some pretty pictures:

screenshot7y.png

screenshot8b.png

screenshot9z.png

screenshot10t.png

screenshot13i.png

"Wh..........what are you doing!?!.........
    screenshot11rg.png

"...........Aaargh, my nipples!! Ze armour, it does nathing!!...."
    screenshot12j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ended up in Riften, looking for a place to unload my overweight amount of loot when I end up in some pub and a mage asks me about having some drinks.
    The genius says if I beat him at a drink-off I'd win his staff. Sure! Except a few drinks in I black out, and when I come to.... Well lets just say that must have been one hell of a night. Hilarity has since ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

-Trek- wrote: »
    Did anyone encounter the dragon priest
    krosis at shearpoint after you defeat the dragon
    , the mutha fecker owned me so many times that in the end I
    grabbed / learned the shout
    and ran like hell leaving poor Lydia to hold him off :p she is such a dear :D

Internet says you need to be around level
    to beat him so it looks like ill have to return to it later.
    I shouted him down the side of the mountain and killed him at range. Until I ran out of arrows. Then I went in and prayed. Shield Bashes and Shout interrupts kept him from raping me with too many fireballs and in the end you win a pretty sweet mask thats +20% to Archery/Locksmith/Alchemy...and a staff, which can unleash hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Son of a bitch! I nearly had that damn dragon when the f*cker ATE me. Then the game crashed.

Bah.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So, since im new to TES world.... are there a general "good guys" and "bad guys" factions?

I'm a mage so I went to the mage guild and started their quests.... then my 9 year old nephew went to the stormcloaks and started their quest line (little bugger).... who are the Legion/Stormcloaks/other factions?

DeV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sarky wrote: »
    Son of a bitch! I nearly had that damn dragon when the f*cker ATE me. Then the game crashed.

Bah.

I hate when they do that.
    DeVore wrote: »
    So, since im new to TES world.... are there a general "good guys" and "bad guys" factions?

I'm a mage so I went to the mage guild and started their quests.... then my 9 year old nephew went to the stormcloaks and started their quest line (little bugger).... who are the Legion/Stormcloaks/other factions?

DeV.

Both the imperials and the stormcloaks are meant to be assholes so you're really picking the lesser of two evils. The imperials did try to kill you at the beginning which is never a good way to endear you to their side but the stormcloaks are racist dicks who hate everyone but the nords. Tough choice.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Everyone and everything has tried to kill me so I can look past the Imperials cockup.
    Cant stand racists. So it looks like the Imperial March for me. (besides, I love that piece of music).

Is that the choice? Just the two options?

DeV.

ps: in thanks for the help, here is the Imperial March like you've never heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hey all, playing on the xbox and enjoying it hugely. But now considering getting this for the pc, due to mods and player content. However, my pc is a few years old and I have no idea if it would be capable of running this. Could one of you knowledgeable people have a look and tell me if would run? I really havent got much of a clue about cards etc.

My specs:

Intel Quad2 CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz
    4.00GB of Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 9600 GS (I suspect this might let me down)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Anyone wrote: »
    Intel Quad2 CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz
    4.00GB of Ram
    Nvidia GeForce 9600 GS (I suspect this might let me down)
    You'll be able to run it, at a guess on medium settings.
    DeVore wrote: »
    Everyone and everything has tried to kill me so I can look past the Imperials cockup.
    Cant stand racists. So it looks like the Imperial March for me. (besides, I love that piece of music).

Is that the choice? Just the two options?
    There's just the one faction choice, but there's a few factions you haven't joined yet, the full faction list is:
    Bard's College, Winterhold College, Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Imperials, Stormcloaks, Thieves Guild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I Just killed a dragon and got no soul :mad:

Advertisement