Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I Just killed a dragon and got no soul :mad:

Had one of them last night too, was it in the west near the lover stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird one. I finally got around to meeting the Grey Beards, fast travlled out of there and straight into a dragon fight. By the time I realised what was going on, one of them was already dead - I got that soul for that one - then another landed and I killed him too.

Is this set-up to give you easy access to new shouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

calex71 wrote: »
    Had one of them last night too, was it in the west near the lover stone?
    No it was near kynesgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

FML

Have a few days off from work (today and tomorrow). Prime time for couching and skyrim. Just got my second dragon last night so it was off to the greybeards for me this morning. Woke up psyched to get stuck in.................but there's a power cut.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

civilnug wrote: »
    FML

Have a few days off from work (today and tomorrow). Prime time for couching and skyrim. Just got my second dragon last night so it was off to the greybeards for me this morning. Woke up psyched to get stuck in.................but there's a power cut.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Surely there was a backup generator ready to kick in for such eventuallities. Some day they'll have a game pack that includes one. That would be class. But a harshly worded letter to ESB with some Ice Wraith venom on it will teach them
    Hope the save point was recent as well, nothing worse than losing a load of hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

DeVore wrote: »
    Everyone and everything has tried to kill me so I can look past the Imperials cockup.
    Cant stand racists. So it looks like the Imperial March for me. (besides, I love that piece of music).

Is that the choice? Just the two options?

DeV.

ps: in thanks for the help, here is the Imperial March like you've never heard it.

the stormcloaks aren't racist, not any more than the imperials anyway. they're just slightly too nationalistic and since every "nation" in TES seems to be based on race, that's how it comes off. To be fair to them excessive nationalism can be understood when they've been denied their freedom of worship by an imperial power, being basically told to ignore their own history and identity.

the problem is the empire has banned thalos worship, but if thalos worship wasn't banned.. the elves would roll in and **** everyones **** up. I still haven't decided whether it's best to just live with it and try to make do (imperial) or stand up for what's right whatever the coszt (stormcloak), but either way.. they're both assholes.

if you want real racists, you'll have to go to the forsworn or the thalmor (the elves who will **** everyones **** up if thalos worship isn't outlawed)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

DeVore wrote: »
    Everyone and everything has tried to kill me so I can look past the Imperials cockup.
    Cant stand racists. So it looks like the Imperial March for me. (besides, I love that piece of music).

Is that the choice? Just the two options?

DeV.

ps: in thanks for the help, here is the Imperial March like you've never heard it.

I've gone with option three - ignore em and piss about on my own :) Learning more about the conflict, so maybe make my choice further down the line... bout 30hrs in now though, and still not joined

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm the same. Haven't chose a side yet. Might do later though. Think i'll go Imperial...though not for any reason in particular.

I'm not a Nord though, so **** the Nords :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea was set to join up with them, but I dont like elves, and looks like the imperials are in bed with them :<

hrm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'll probably join the side of those guys that are being invaded, and kick the invaders out of their country.

So Stormcloaks for me so...

Probably won't do that just yet, in case it messes stuff up for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Screw the Imperials. They were going to chop my head off for being in the wrong place at the start.

anyone got the "blessing of talos" from the talos shrine?

I check my active effects and it says "time between shouts is reduced 0%"

that doesn't seem very useful

Yeeah same here, must be a glitheroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Seems like it would be pretty handy, just shout non stop and kill any fecker in your way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I'm the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

the stormcloaks aren't racist, not any more than the imperials anyway. they're just slightly too nationalistic and since every "nation" in TES seems to be based on race, that's how it comes off. To be fair to them excessive nationalism can be understood when they've been denied their freedom of worship by an imperial power, being basically told to ignore their own history and identity.
    I was talking with one of the Stormcloak commanders at one point and he basically said 'Skyrim is for the Nords only, the other races should go back to their homeland'. The 'nationalism' they have is incredibly Stormfrontesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

College football match cancelled, missed all my classes because of it. Guess its a full day of skyrim ahead of me whoop!

Gandalph wrote: »
    College football match cancelled, missed all my classes because of it. Guess its a full day of skyrim ahead of me whoop!
    I've been playing since 5 o clock yesterday :pac: Thank Talos for Energy Drinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Burgo wrote: »
    Seems like it would be pretty handy, just shout non stop and kill any fecker in your way :pac:

handy if the time was 100% reduced.. 0% means the time between shouts aint reduced at all!!

Seems very strange tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

hypermuse wrote: »
    handy if the time was 100% reduced.. 0% means the time between shouts aint reduced at all!!

Seems very strange tbh!

Is it not that the time between shouts is 0% which means instant refills?
    I'm looking forward to getting this night out with my mates out of the way tomorrow so i can get back to the important job at hand - being high dragon emperor of Skyrim.
    Have only managed to get about 3 hours in during the week. Should be able to give it a good 15-20 over the weekend, and tomorrow off as well. Sure what else could one possibly ask for (maybe €2m in the lotto and no need to work again).....

• Advertisement

is anyone else noticing that torches are going misses from their inventories?

seven times now they've just dissapeared from mine... it's getting very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

As of this Friday I'm off work till the New Year. I do believe a lot of Skyrim will be happening next week! (Have managed about 20 hours so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've been playing since 5 o clock yesterday :pac: Thank Talos for Energy Drinks :D

Aw I havnt done such a gaming stint in years! Might have to try it during the holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Well it was only a matter of time really. After sneaking back upstairs to play Skyrim last night a wife shaped silhouette appeared at my games room door.....she wasn't happy. Was right in the middle of a heated battle with a frost spider and a bear......she didn't seem to have much sympathy....May have to give it a rest tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing a nord, have no problem with wood or dark elves but high elves are a different story.

wandered into the magic school and saw one being an ass, the while lot should go back to their island.

Damn knife ears, got a special nord battleaxe just for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

RAIN wrote: »
    Well it was only a matter of time really. After sneaking back upstairs to play Skyrim last night a wife shaped silhouette appeared at my games room door.....she wasn't happy. Was right in the middle of a heated battle with a frost spider and a bear......she didn't seem to have much sympathy....May have to give it a rest tonight :(

I can solve this problem very simply.
    For Christmas give her an xbox360 with Oblivion and Skyrim.
    You will never see her again.

haha!! I do pity people with families trying to play this!

Even thou I'm not married/kids etc I never really have enough time coz I put so many hours into work!

Weekend job for me again! cant wait for the xmas hols!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Next time the wife gets uppity just say,

"What's the matter, someone stole your sweet roll"

Varik wrote: »
    Playing a nord, have no problem with wood or dark elves but high elves are a different story.

wandered into the magic school and saw one being an ass, the while lot should go back to their island.

Damn knife ears, got a special nord battleaxe just for you.

what you saying bout my high elf biatch!!

I'm burn your nordy ass to death with my magic hands, then I'm gonna reanimate your sorry looking corpse and fry your ass again!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

I don't really play computer games usually, but holy **** I've been playing this and it is incredible. Nothing else to say really.

Advertisement