Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Next time the wife gets uppity just say,

"What's the matter, someone stole your sweet roll"

and follow up with "When a guard sees a woman walking towards him with a weapon drawn, he gets nervous"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just bought my first house, in solitude, can finally store stuff. some nice little improvements from oblivion

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Question with regards to house.
    I know you can store books in the bookshelf.
    But the chest beside my bed won't take anything. What's the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

which house is this? what city, will it even activate the chest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Another 5 hours of this work malarky before i get to go back to my new life.
    Need to start clearing a few of the misc quests i've built up from wandering the expanse. There's a crazy amount of them and i probably haven't even scratched the surface yet...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

hypermuse wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »
    Playing a nord, have no problem with wood or dark elves but high elves are a different story.

wandered into the magic school and saw one being an ass, the while lot should go back to their island.

Damn knife ears, got a special nord battleaxe just for you.

what you saying bout my high elf biatch!!

I'm burn your nordy ass to death with my magic hands, then I'm gonna reanimate your sorry looking corpse and fry your ass again!! :p

Better learn a new trick elf, I'm rocking some serious anti magic armour but my axe has a few thousands years of experience of landing right between those pointy ear.

I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Talos
    reborn( the ninth devine of 9, not 8).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Get trained by archer companion. Take gold back from him. Repeat 20-30 times.
    Run around one-shotting things.
    Realise all I've accomplished is to break the game for myself.
    Discard for old save.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Kadongy wrote: »
    Discard for old save.

Where do you get this archer companion? And do you mean pickpocketing the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Kadongy wrote: »
    Discard for old save.

haha!! found a glitch to improve your speech indefinitely in Rifden aswel.. not worth spoiling it for yourself thou!

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    Where do you get this archer companion? And do you mean pickpocketing the money back?

I'm sure he means that if the archer is a companion then you can access their inventory (give them items to carry etc) and from there he steals the gold back!!

there's a few loops like this in the game, kinda disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Getting this game as soon as my new PC is ready so not reading the thread to avoid spoilers. Just curious how many hours people have put into their playthroughs so far? I played FalloutNV quite slowly and got between 70 and 100 hours each for 2 plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Guards getting nervous at me drawing my weapon even though there is a dragon floating overhead, now thats respect

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Thread with most replies ever in the Games forum ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tyrant^ wrote: »

Only by a few thousand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

haha!! found a glitch to improve your speech indefinitely in Rifden aswel.. not worth spoiling it for yourself thou!

ah go on I really want to know! A little spoiler tag reply would be nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love how this game can suck you in, a simple "go get this thing" turns into 3hrs of dungeons,sidequests, finding new places. I keep stumbling across cave entrances to some dungeon and will go back to them later, but I never do cos something else turns up, I'll be playing this forever methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Tyrant^ wrote: »

And then some, it's only out since last week!

Most addictive game ever, best thing is you can play at whatever pace you so wish, whenever you have half an hour to spare (which can quickly turn into 3 hours). Am loving the dungeon variation compared to Oblivion.

My kids have taken to standing behind me and spectating, my daughter decided to play a bit herself yesterday evening and bought a horse (typical) with my hard-earned dosh, I was not impressed. Last event of the evening was getting clobbered by a few giants and going flying.

Speaking of horses, if you manage to steal one, how do you prevent it from wandering back to where it came from? Can you stable it or tie it up somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Getting this game as soon as my new PC is ready so not reading the thread to avoid spoilers. Just curious how many hours people have put into their playthroughs so far? I played FalloutNV quite slowly and got between 70 and 100 hours each for 2 plays.

You mean to tell me you actually play games that aren't Civ, well now I've heard everything. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Advertisement

Bleh. I just discovered a rather annoying glitch with the Waking Nightmare quest. When I discovered the skull, I decided to kill Erondur like the voice said. During our fight I used the force shout to knock him off the pedestal, where he seemingly fell to his death. Now it's not registering him as dead and I can't continue that quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Lafortezza wrote: »
    About 50 hours since friday, have only done 5 story missions :D

Nodferatu wrote: »
    which house is this? what city, will it even activate the chest?

Sorry, Whiterun.
    Yes, the chest opens but I can't seem to put anything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Buggy quests are annoying. I still have a quest to retrieve a piece of wuuthrad (sp?) after that storyline is completed. Would be nice to be able to remove bugged quests from the active list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Tzetze wrote: »
    Buggy quests are annoying. I still have a quest to retrieve a piece of wuuthrad (sp?) after that storyline is completed. Would be nice to be able to remove bugged quests from the active list.
    Have you got the final piece in the leader guys room?

Burgo wrote: »
    ah go on I really want to know! A little spoiler tag reply would be nice :pac:

To increase your speechcraft for free: this exploiting a glitch so read at your own peril!

Go to rifden..

Go into the black briar brewery (or something like that) and talk the guy behind the counter.. his name is ungrid I think, an elf..

Ask him about the women..
    I bribed him the 1st time around and he tells you the truth about her..

You can then ask him the same question again only this time I choose to persuade.. when you persuade him you get speech skill points.

you can ask him the same question over and over again and each time you ask him to tell you the truth via persuasion you get speech skill points. Can be done indefinitely I'd imagine!! dunno how long it would take thou..

I think it will ruin the game a bit if you do this but each to their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

I'm sure he means that if the archer is a companion then you can access their inventory (give them items to carry etc) and from there he steals the gold back!!

there's a few loops like this in the game, kinda disappointing!
    Yes this. He's the elf in riverwood.

There's something oddly satisfying about leading your companion up to a high mountain and then force pushing them off.

There's something oddly satisfying about leading your companion up to a high mountain and then force pushing them off.

That's so mean I could never do that to my hubby!
    Everytime I ask him for money he goes 'here you go my love'

If only it was like that in real life.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Have you got the final piece in the leader guys room?

Yeah, Companions quests are all completed ages ago.

Advertisement