Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's something oddly satisfying about leading your companion up to a high mountain and then force pushing them off.

I like going to Silverhand bases, killing one of them, then raising him/her as a zombie to kill the others. Werewolf hating bigots!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Tzetze wrote: »
    Yeah, Companions quests are all completed ages ago.
    Ive two broken quests, I have to find a book i already have but its not picking up on that and to kill one of those hargravens which i already have. but its two out of fifty three which isnt so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Love poisoning an arrow with Frenzy and then sending a sneaky couple of arrows into a large group of bandits! Much hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone chose to be archer? is it good?
    i have 18 quests in my inventory i haven't even started and 16 in the miscellaneous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

For PC Gamers; can you explain to me, as one of the lowly console players, would this be regarded as a high-end game in terms of the specs you need to play?

I'm considering buying a new laptop with the following specs: i72670QM, 6gb ram, 3gb GeForce GT555M graphics card.

Would that be enough to run high-end games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Lafortezza wrote: »
    Getting this game as soon as my new PC is ready so not reading the thread to avoid spoilers. Just curious how many hours people have put into their playthroughs so far? I played FalloutNV quite slowly and got between 70 and 100 hours each for 2 plays.

40+ hours since friday. About 2 main missions done, one companions guild mission and nothing else but the missions you get from wandering around. Last weekend was the first time in a long time I did the whole gaming constantly only surfacing for food and sleep thing and I expect this weekend to be the same.

While there are issues with the game, the interface being one in particular, it's not bothering me in the slightest. The fact that people have gotten so worked up about the interface is hilarious to me. That image that some bloke did up criticising it. Thats good Skyriming time wasted imo. As someone probably once said in these hallowed forums. It's crack in gaming form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i have 18 quests in my inventory i haven't even started and 16 in the miscellaneous

I decided before even getting the game that I'd base my character on Legolas :pac:. Chose a wood-elf and altered his features as much as I could to 'humanise' him. Have to say, didn't really like the archery in Oblivion, but it works here, I love it. Love sneaking about, picking lads off from a distance and hiding so their mates can't find you :D. The character looks cool when running bow in hand in 3rd person too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Power is back.

Dragons beware.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

70 hours here

think im gona take a break for a little while.. getting kinda burned out. just running through the thieves guild quests to get them done, not really enjoying them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Nodferatu wrote: »

love the bow - my main weapon I guess..! playing with twin bound swords as backup (shame they reveal you from stealth when you cast :( ), they are extremely bad ass, and look fantastic. Cant wait to learn bound bow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have hired goons after me now and no idea what triggered it, usually they would not be a problem but they jumped me while I was dealing with a dragon so I died before I was able to even think of searching them for a contract :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Love poisoning an arrow with Frenzy and then sending a sneaky couple of arrows into a large group of bandits! Much hilarity ensues.

Do you make the Frenzy poisons????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

For PC Gamers; can you explain to me, as one of the lowly console players, would this be regarded as a high-end game in terms of the specs you need to play?

I'm considering buying a new laptop with the following specs: i72670QM, 6gb ram, 3gb GeForce GT555M graphics card.

have a look at this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074.html
    and this
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-555M.41933.0.html

but yeah it should have no problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Wossack wrote: »
    love the bow - my main weapon I guess..! playing with twin bound swords as backup (shame they reveal you from stealth when you cast :( ), they are extremely bad ass, and look fantastic. Cant wait to learn bound bow :eek:

Im pure archer with some conjuration (mainly for summoning), didnt relaize there was a bound bow. I had been putting all my time into smithing and enchanting to make nice bows. But i just tried the bound bow and its awesome :(

So much wasted perks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Do you make the Frenzy poisons????
    I have a few aswel that I made from alchemy but cant for the life of me remember what I mixed to make them..

I'm always just mixing random things together!

Edit:

Just did a quick google actually..

Ingredients for frenzy:
    Blisterwort, Falmer Ear, Fly Amanita, Hagraven Feathers, Human Heart, Troll Fat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It'll be fine for stuff like Skyrim, but I wouldn't expect miracles in the likes of BF3.

Spunge wrote: »
    Im pure archer with some conjuration (mainly for summoning), didnt relaize there was a bound bow. I had been putting all my time into smithing and enchanting to make nice bows. But i just tried the bound bow and its awesome :(

So much wasted perks

bad thing about the bound weapons (the sword at least), is that it knocks you out of stealth, or at least makes a big noise :( presume the bound bow is the same? will be my mission to find, or even if I have to, resort to coding, a mod for a silently conjuring bound dagger (no bound dagger in the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There's something oddly satisfying about leading your companion up to a high mountain and then force pushing them off.

force pushing wolves off cliffs is a minigame in itself, I blew one off one of the higest points of High Hrothgar and watched it vanish into a river miles below :pac:

There's that and having it despawn in combat. I usually use the bound sword with a destruction spell in my left hand and a couple of times in combat it's worn off after I've burned through my magicka leaving me stuck. Haven't put points in the perk that keeps it spawned longer yet - that's next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

bad thing about the bound weapons (the sword at least), is that it knocks you out of stealth, or at least makes a big noise :( presume the bound bow is the same? will be my mission to find, or even if I have to, resort to coding, a mod for a silently conjuring bound dagger (no bound dagger in the game)

does it only give away your position if you cast it..

or does it give away your position during the time its present??

also... is there a way to tell how powerful your bound weapons are??
    for example if you were to conjure a bound sword, how do you know if it does more damage than a physical sword you have in your inventory? Is there a damage value for the conjured sword?

• Advertisement

I think mine's at 20 damage at the moment and I've put a couple of points in it. Not sure if it scales as you level, I just compare it to other weapons I have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had an absolutely epic fight last night that went on for 30 mins or so.
    Minding my own business strolling along to do a quest amid a thunderstorm at about 1am [game time :)]a dragon soars down from the sky,this wasnt like dragons what i fought thus far, this things fire breath stretched out 100 meters infront of him.
    Some craic timing my fireballs and running for cover behind rocks, this thing was tearing up the landscape, trees were burning everywhere from its fire breathing, eventually after a lot of kiting, running, popping potions,timing my attacks and managing my magicka he was taking a beating and his chest and head area were showing major signs of my fire bolts with huge scorch stains and blood clearly to be seen.
    Eventually when i downed him the landscape surrounding me was just ablaze and a complete mess,devastation everywhere.
    When i looted his corpse i got way more dragon skins etc than from a normal dragon, surprised i met this guy so early, im only lvl 12.
    This was easily one of the most memorable moments ive had in gaming.
    Did i mention the sounds during this encounter? wow just wow!

hypermuse wrote: »
    does it only give away your position if you cast it..

or does it give away your position during the time its present??

also... is there a way to tell how powerful your bound weapons are??
    for example if you were to conjure a bound sword, how do you know if it does more damage than a physical sword you have in your inventory? Is there a damage value for the conjured sword?

only makes a noise on initial cast - doesnt appear to actively increase your chances of being found, but Im not 100% certain

Im not sure how to compare the damage of it vs other weapons - but super_furry looks to have been able to see it (guess it shows up in your inventory when you have it cast?) All I know is, me sword does grand amount of damage :)

only makes a noise on initial cast - doesnt appear to actively increase your chances of being found, but Im not 100% certain
    If it's the case that it is just the initial cast which causes it, then it's completely intentional and a mod to remove it is basically cheating.

There's a perk in the Illusion tree which makes all of your spell casts completely silent though, so if you aim for that you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

RAIN wrote: »
    Well it was only a matter of time really. After sneaking back upstairs to play Skyrim last night a wife shaped silhouette appeared at my games room door.....she wasn't happy. Was right in the middle of a heated battle with a frost spider and a bear......she didn't seem to have much sympathy....May have to give it a rest tonight :(

I think there's an option in the dialogue tree to tell her that you should part company now?

Blowfish wrote: »
    If it's the case that it is just the initial cast which causes it, then it's completely intentional and a mod to remove it is basically cheating.

There's a perk in the Illusion tree which makes all of your spell casts completely silent though, so if you aim for that you'll be fine.

:o didnt spot that perk, thanks for that :)

bah, another magic tree though :P want some alteration too for detect life..! my stealth archer is getting more and more mage-like by the day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I dunno why, but I fell in love with this game when I entered my fully furbished home, popped my weapon on the rack, sat down to ate some venison.

It's the little things......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I dunno why, but I fell in love with this game when I entered my fully furbished home, popped my weapon on the rack, sat down to ate some venison.

Can you activate the weapon rack like the bookshelves and place stuff????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Find yourself a partner and you'll have a home cooked meal every night if you want. :D

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Can you activate the weapon rack like the bookshelves and place stuff????
    Yes, plus there are Weapons/Shield plaques for hanging your weapon up on the wall.

Advertisement