Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Wossack wrote: »
    :o didnt spot that perk, thanks for that :)

bah, another magic tree though :P want some alteration too for detect life..! my stealth archer is getting more and more mage-like by the day :pac:

I managed to get the detect life book tome (free spell) when I completed a mission heading east towards Rifden.

there was what looks like
    a run down castle thing (enemy bandits) and beside it 2 guys camping (friendly)..

For the mission you go talk to the 2 guys camping, they own the place full of bandits and want you to clear them out, so you go in a secret passageway and clear the area..

once you let them in he gives you (or at least gave me the detect life spell book)

When I was doing the mission I didnt know this and I was randomly attacked as I walked past the hostile building.. I somehow found a way in, even thou your obviously not supposed to.. So I ended up working my way through it backwards..

the detect life spell I have drains your blue stuff seriously fast thou..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Blowfish wrote: »
    Yes, plus there are Weapons/Shield plaques for hanging your weapon up on the wall.

Even in my little Whiterun house?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Can you activate the weapon rack like the bookshelves and place stuff????

There's a weapons rack?????????????

and here's me just lumping everything into a side table and then struggling to close the drawer :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hypermuse wrote: »
    :o didnt spot that perk, thanks for that :)

bah, another magic tree though :P want some alteration too for detect life..! my stealth archer is getting more and more mage-like by the day :pac:

I managed to get the detect life book tome (free spell) when I completed a mission heading east towards Rifden.

there was what looks like
    a run down castle thing (enemy bandits) and beside it 2 guys camping (friendly)..

For the mission you go talk to the 2 guys camping, they own the place full of bandits and want you to clear them out, so you go in a secret passageway and clear the area..

once you let them in he gives you (or at least gave me the detect life spell book)

When I was doing the mission I didnt know this and I was randomly attacked as I walked past the hostile building.. I somehow found a way in, even thou your obviously not supposed to.. So I ended up working my way through it backwards..

the detect life spell I have drains your blue stuff seriously fast thou..
    What are the chances. I did the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Even in my little Whiterun house?
    Yep, plus I'm not sure about Whiterun but with the house in Solitude, if you buy an enchanting table, they'll also give you a couple of mannequins to hang your armour on.

• Advertisement

What are the chances. I did the exact same thing.

whats funny is that when I realised
    it was a quest and I had to let them inside I couldnt find a way back in over the wall so I had to go back through the secret passageway again!
    :D

I dunno how I got in the 1st time!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Oh, meant to mention earlier, noticed a bug with the quick select keys on PC

Press q, choose your bow 'Dwarven Bow' etc, press 1
    Ingame, pressing 1, pulls out your bow - no problems

However, if you have 2 of the exact same bow...
    Press q, choose 'Dwarven Bow (2)', press 1
    Ingame, pressing 1, does nothing!

I guess its trying to make you hold 2, 2handed weapons simultainously, and it bugs and unbinds the key.. Just if someone else is noticing this - thats what it is. Either dump the second duplicate weapon, or use the grindstone on it, and make it a 'Fine Dwarven Bow' etc, so its unique in your inventory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Blowfish wrote: »
    Yep, plus I'm not sure about Whiterun but with the house in Solitude, if you buy an enchanting table, they'll also give you a couple of mannequins to hang your armour on.

I'm moving to Solitude!

How much does a house there set you back? which side of the fight is Solitude on too by the way, cause I was gonna join the Storm cloaks, don't want to be hated in my own house!

I am lvl 18 and have barely left Whiterun and the surrounding areas, been to Riften that's about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh, meant to mention earlier, noticed a bug with the quick select keys on PC

Press q, choose your bow 'Dwarven Bow' etc, press 1
    Ingame, pressing 1, pulls out your bow - no problems

However, if you have 2 of the exact same bow...
    Press q, choose 'Dwarven Bow (2)', press 1
    Ingame, pressing 1, does nothing!

I guess its trying to make you hold 2, 2handed weapons simultainously, and it bugs and unbinds the key.. Just if someone else is noticing this - thats what it is. Either dump the second duplicate weapon, or use the grindstone on it, and make it a 'Fine Dwarven Bow' etc, so its unique in your inventory

Noticed that early on but I've settled on using the keys for spells only and using q to select my bows etc. They should have a long list of bugs to fix by now. Top of the list though on pc has to be mouse hover/click detection in the interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't have enough time in my life. I yield to Fast Travel :( but only between places I've traveled genuinely. ie. I found myself transported very far away from my original stomping grounds and don't feel like I should be able to port back to Whiterun just to unload gear into my house.

Played 20 hours thus far. Lvl 15, i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

Speaking of the favourites menu, is there anyway to specify what hand a quick select item equips in? For example, I have set a sword to equip when I press 1, and a shield when I press 2, and it equips the sword in my right hand and the shield in my left, which means I have to press left mouse to block and right to attack, whereas I'd prefer it to be the reverse. Am I missing something obvious?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sparko wrote: »
    Speaking of the favourites menu, is there anyway to specify what hand a quick select item equips in? For example, I have set a sword to equip when I press 1, and a shield when I press 2, and it equips the sword in my right hand and the shield in my left, which means I have to press left mouse to block and right to attack, whereas I'd prefer it to be the reverse. Am I missing something obvious?

Sounds a bit odd. I don't think there is an option to have shield and sword in any other combo other than shield in left and sword in right but left mouse should then be attack in that case anyway as left mouse is always the right hand.

Sparko wrote: »

ON PS3 anyway when you have the favourites open if you hold L1 down while on a sword then you assign that to L1 (left hand)..

Same applies for R1 (right hand)..

So maybe try holding down 1 or else hold down left mouse button...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Left all my items in 3 barrels close to the entrance of whiterun, came back and they'd all disappeared :eek: I had over 50 dragon bones and scales, 5 of the dragon priest masks and lots of other valuable items :(

Left all my items in 3 barrels close to the entrance of whiterun, came back and they'd all disappeared :eek: I had over 50 dragon bones and scales, 5 of the dragon priest masks and lots of other valuable items :(

you have no guarantee that items you put in barrels/chests will be there when you return. They are only safe when stored in your home.

It says it in the load screen menu sometimes!! Sorry you had to figure it out the hard way bud! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

Are you playing on PC? If so, you could use console commands to "reacquire" your items.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love it if when your items get stolen, you could track down the thief somehow.

It's probably easier to just buy a house though.

I was well disappointed that you cant buy an enchanter for your house in whiterun.. they look well cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No earlier saves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

One of the random dragon encounters earlier I spoke of on the Whiterun farms that left a couple of people dead is coming back into play abut 5-6 game days later, One of the farmers had left me in his will and the courier delivered it to me from the Jarl. Pretty fricken sweet. Had to google the name on the will because I had no Idea who it was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hypermuse wrote: »
    you have no guarantee that items you put in barrels/chests will be there when you return. They are only safe when stored in your home.

It says it in the load screen menu sometimes!! Sorry you had to figure it out the hard way bud! :o

does someone steal them or do they just disapear?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gandalph wrote: »
    One of the random dragon encounters earlier I spoke of on the Whiterun farms that left a couple of people dead is coming back into play abut 5-6 game days later, One of the farmers had left me in his will and the courier delivered it to me from the Jarl. Pretty fricken sweet. Had to google the name on the will because I had no Idea who it was

thats so cool

thats crazy!! Really cool!! :D
    does someone steal them or do they just disapear?

Dunno mate.. If I remember correctly.. I think it says something bout it on last page of the manual.. In work all day so cant remember..

All I know is that they are not secure unless stashed in your house! All items are safe there...
    Would be funny thou if you were able to pi$$ off your partner enough that they just left you and took a bunch of valuable stuff with them!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

haha this gets even better, I got the contents of his will just
    as I was on my way to burn down his farm and kill most his friends in the siege of whiterun quest for the stormcloaks
    hahaha poor farmer guy! The courier met me outside the Jarls keep as he gave me the quest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The house in solitude sounds quite cool, anybody know how much it costs? I haven't even been there yet, too busy hunting my first contracts for the dark brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

DarkJager wrote: »
    The house in solitude sounds quite cool, anybody know how much it costs? I haven't even been there yet, too busy hunting my first contracts for the dark brotherhood.
    25000 septums and 2000 for each room and theres 6 rooms i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

25000 septums and 2000 for each room and theres 6 rooms i think.

**** I'll be waiting a while for that so! Crazy amount of gold needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

**** I'll be waiting a while for that so! Crazy amount of gold needed :D

Start making those potions! Quickest way to make money.

25000 septums

:eek::eek::eek:
    000abrqe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need monies and to be able to carry more weight, it still at 300, can you increase it?

Advertisement