Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

krudler wrote: »
    I need monies and to be able to carry more weight, it still at 300, can you increase it?

Increasing your stamina when levelling up increases how much you can carry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Funglegunk wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    **** I'll be waiting a while for that so! Crazy amount of gold needed :D

Start making those potions! Quickest way to make money.

Jewellery is my main money earner but I'm finding it hard to add up how many necklaces I'd need to make for that kind of cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Increasing your stamina when levelling up increases how much you can carry. :)

by how much?? I aint put anything into stamina!!
    does every level up add 10 to your max weight allowance or something??

Alchemy is the way forward anyway.. easy monies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

hypermuse wrote: »
    by how much?? I aint put anything into stamina!!
    does every level up add 10 to your max weight allowance or something??

Alchemy is the way forward anyway.. easy monies!!

Every increase adds 5 to your max weight allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Engage frost dragon, dragon lands, you think dragon keeps missing you with its frost breath. After you kill and absorb the dragon you turn around to see 3 dead spiders, 2 wolves, a woodcutter & a conjurer all face down in the dirt...comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

:eek::eek::eek:
    000abrqe
    Its easy to get it just do all the sidequests you can, you will come across enchanted weapons and armor that you can sell and you get paid, it only took me 24 hours straight to buy it :D
    Im tired but i must press on :pac:

Its easy to get it just do all the sidequests you can, you will come across enchanted weapons and armor that you can sell and you get paid, it only took me 24 hours straight to buy it :D
    Im tired but i must press on :pac:

I only get a few hours on it during the week.. weekends is my usual binge session!

I no getting the money together aint to bad but I must not be as disciplined as you are!! :D
    When I start to try do a side quest I end up doing something completely different unintentionally.. then its 5 hours later yet again and I haven't even started doing that quest :o haha!
    I'm useless at keeping focused in this game!! get distracted to easily!!

I took me summer holidays late, two weeks off :cool: The only obsticle is my girlfriend who dosent understand I need to be alone for a while :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Where can you sell your expensive items? I;ve sold nothing bar the stuff i made while levelling smaithing, but don't merchants only have like 1k gold?

Whiterun and Solitude each has two blacksmiths a brick a brac and an achelimist, I just finish a quest then do a little bit of quick traveling around.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Where can you sell your expensive items? I;ve sold nothing bar the stuff i made while levelling smaithing, but don't merchants only have like 1k gold?

I've yet to come across anything super valuable that I cant see to someone.. mainly because of the rip off prices they provide you with..
    Huge markdown from the value of the item compared to what they offer!
    I took me summer holidays late, two weeks off :cool: The only obsticle is my girlfriend who dosent understand I need to be alone for a while :P

Durty chap! I'm jelly of your time off!! If any gf understood why we need to be alone for so long then they would defo be a Carlsberg kinda gf.. probably the best in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Quit enjoy the way there's nearly always a different approach to missions.

A friend told me about a mission in Cidhna mine
    which involved shiv, pick pocketing and stealth all while after losing everything. I found myself in that situation, I tried the suggested stealth approach which resulted in my dying fairly quickly due to my lack of usual belongings. I considered my options and decided to take it differently. I transformed into a warewolf and mauled everyone to death.

Oh Skyrim how i heart you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Whiterun and Solitude each has two blacksmiths a brick a brac and an achelimist, I just finish a quest then do a little bit of quick traveling around.
    These, plus don't forget the Khajit' camps just outside the cities too. They buy anything and usually have an ok-ish level of money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Blowfish wrote: »
    These, plus don't forget the Khajit' camps just outside the cities too. They buy anything and usually have an ok-ish level of money.

the what?

I heard about the caravans from that chick in whiterun but i've never actually seen one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus i never thought id get the feeling i did when i first played World of Warcraft back a few days after release, it was my first mmo and an experience i never thought possible.
    Right now im getting the same feeling every time i boot up Skyrim,probably way too early to say but this could well be the best game ever made :eek: or atleast heading towards the top of my favourite games ever,so far its an absolute masterpiece as far as im concerned.

Dcully wrote: »
    Jaysus i never thought id get the feeling i did when i first played World of Warcraft back a few days after release, it was my first mmo and an experience i never thought possible.
    Right now im getting the same feeling every time i boot up Skyrim,probably way too early to say but this could well be the best game ever made :eek: or atleast heading towards the top of my favourite games ever,so far its an absolute masterpiece as far as im concerned.

Right behind ya in the sentiments of my favorite game ever!! Never got into the whole WoW thing but TES is just amazing..

I loved TESIII and TESIV but this one is just leap years ahead in terms of improvements for me!

And you know whats real nice about playing TES games.. its a pleasure.. its nice, its relaxing and awe inspiring! its never stressful (COD = FML)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

anybody else done this?

so ive levelled my few main skills of destruction, 1 handed etc and now that they are decent i am thinking of switching skills completely and going through everything, being ok but not good at everything. I'd level up fast but not be too strong making the game harder right? hmmm dunno

anybody else done this?

so ive levelled my few main skills of destruction, 1 handed etc and now that they are decent i am thinking of switching skills completely and going through everything, being ok but not good at everything. I'd level up fast but not be too strong making the game harder right? hmmm dunno

I think I'd agree with that!

If you were to power up 2 or 3 skills to max (2 handed, heavy armor and smithing) then you'd prob be too powerful and it would be much easier..

I'd say averaging things out would prob be the best way to make it more challenging!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm might do that, it still seems fairly easy on a hard skill level, although now and again some things are difficult.
    as a dark elf being resistant to fire..with a fire resistant shield...i just stand there letting dragons breathe on me..and then i encase myself in flames to taunt it.

what a waste of a game!
    http://www.cadred.org/Forums/Thread/161669/

personally i am savouring the game....have played less than 10 hours and rally make sure i enjoy each mission!

God damn 100 hours in 5 days :eek: i thought i was great with my 48 :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Finally digging my teeth into this this evening. Excellent so far

God damn 100 hours in 5 days :eek: i thought i was great with my 48 :o

I dunno how many hours I've even logged.. Coudnt see where it was on the PS3..

Do you just go by your save file duration??

I just finished a 24 hour stint, ive never done that before with a game.

I dunno how many hours I've even logged.. Coudnt see where it was on the PS3..

Do you just go by your save file duration??
    Its just how much ive played ive got a clock beside me ;)

should just say on your save game

should just say on your save game

yea thats what I though but I was looking for a time played feature in the stats menu but didnt see it..

just thought I was being thick.. seems like bit of a strange thing to leave out.. prob for the best :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »

Not since The Deadmines have i had a proper 'jaw hits the floor' like i did a few days ago playing Skyrim. And it's happened twice for me so far. Absolutly amazing game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Forgot to say. I was handed a quest yesterday to kill a giant. Need less to say, I was bricking it and thought he'd wipe me out in a heartbeat. I managed to get two stealthy arrows to the back of his head for some serious damage and one not so stealthy as he was running towards me. Then whipped out my flawless battleaxe and knocked lumps out of him. He hit back hard but I managed to finish him off with a decent amount of my health remaining. I didn't even heal once during the battle. I felt like a proper bad ass after wards. Although, that only lasted for a brief second as two of his friends started legging it towards me so I ran like the little girl I am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Quit enjoy the way there's nearly always a different approach to missions.

A friend told me about a mission in Cidhna mine
    which involved shiv, pick pocketing and stealth all while after losing everything. I found myself in that situation, I tried the suggested stealth approach which resulted in my dying fairly quickly due to my lack of usual belongings. I considered my options and decided to take it differently. I transformed into a warewolf and mauled everyone to death.

Oh Skyrim how i heart you so.
    Im still down there. Considered killing the King dude but wasnt sure how that would affect the plotline with the conspiracy.

Stuck now during the escape, because there are Dwemer Bots down there and they don't respond very well to being Shiv'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i would like to thank ye guys throwing all the spoiler alerts up so the game is ruined for us ejits that cant stay away from this thread :o game sounds so bloody amazing

Advertisement