Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

i would like to thank ye guys throwing all the spoiler alerts up so the game is ruined for us ejits that cant stay away from this thread :o game sounds so bloody amazing

trust me Icyseanfitz Its
    much better than you'll ever hope!!
    I know your gonna look
    :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Got jumped by a dragon at only level 6.... :(
    Stupid thing landed beside me and smacked a mammoth on the way. Cue a giant running to rescue me! The dragon buggered off and the giant kinda pathed around when the sky went black and the dragon picked him up and flew waaaay high and dropped him !!

Giant lands (presumeably with two broken ankles) and continues pathing around aimlessly. Dragon lands and has another go at me but the Giant beat *unholy lard* out of him while I got the f out of d :)

Very cool game, but I'm going to take my sweet time over it and spend all next year playing it.

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

DeVore wrote: »
    Got jumped by a dragon at only level 6.... :(

DeV.

I am level 20 and I have yet to come across one!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Noob question, not sure i fully understand the ranking of skills system.
    I have some novice and adept skills right now, at the trainers they are offering to train me for a cost, is this simply buying what i can do from just using the same skills?
    As in when i use conjuration skills for example i level conjuration up, am i simply doing what the trainers are offering for gold?
    What way does it go, novice-adept- etc etc?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dcully wrote: »
    I have some novice and adept skills right now, at the trainers they are offering to train me for a cost, is this simply buying what i can do from just using the same skills?
    As in when i use conjuration skills for example i level conjuration up, am i simply doing what the trainers are offering for gold?

Yeah, you're paying them to level you up quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Dcully wrote: »

The training system in this game is pretty simple as they offer to just train which ever skill you pick up a maximum of 5 ranks per level. You do not have to use these trainer at all in the leveling process. Once you gain any 10 skill points you gain 1 level & one perk point which can be spent on any skill you want, some perks cannot be unlocked until a higher skill rank is achieved in that skill.

This was not the case in the other elders scrolls as you normally choose a skillset to try master and which ever skills you gained points in it reflected on a multiplier towards a specific attribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Spunge wrote: »

:confused: was this some amazing mod or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

found a couple of places with what look to be cool stuff but no map markers... sneaky bastards

im gona have to spend a half hour or so just staring at them hoping they do something to explain themselves

its a posh way of levelling up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'm having trouble selling legendary dragon plate I've mass produced and enchanted because the vendors don't have the money to buy it :( Anyone know any vendors that regularly have large amounts of money to buy stuff?

The most I saw was just over 5000 on an armor trader in Riften but it seems random. Last time I checked her she only had 750 so I'm stuck. Each armor piece sells for around 1600-1700 (My speechcraft is low) but no one has even that. I don't want to make a loss of 500 a piece settling for 1000 each :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Bought my first house in Whiterun. Not the biggest, but at least it's a place to store all the crap im carrying. It has a cozy feel to it as well. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Just found a bear and a dragon fight to the death Guess who won ???????????????????
    Bear with the help of a couple of my arrows , those bears are tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

swiftblade wrote: »
    Bought my first house in Whiterun. Not the biggest, but at least it's a place to store all the crap im carrying. It has a cozy feel to it as well. :p

Once you get the furnishings it's quite cool. No more cobwebs and you'll have a cool alchemy lab as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Ry wrote: »
    I'm having trouble selling legendary dragon plate I've mass produced and enchanted because the vendors don't have the money to buy it :( Anyone know any vendors that regularly have large amounts of money to buy stuff?

The most I saw was just over 5000 on an armor trader in Riften but it seems random. Last time I checked her she only had 750 so I'm stuck. Each armor piece sells for around 1600-1700 (My speechcraft is low) but no one has even that. I don't want to make a loss of 500 a piece settling for 1000 each :/

there's a speech perk so you can invest in traders, so they have more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

just found elven armor, that stuff is built like a tank and is very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Slyly got a short burst in tonight while the missus caught up on I'm a celeb. Hit level 15 and went to the throuth of the world. Afterwards decided to head back to whiterun to decorate my house...seem to have hit a glitch, the guy won't give me the option to buy anything. Looked in a few wiki's, none of the suggestions work. Another one had me restart a quest to get it work. Also had the arrow in the head glitch for a while...bit of a pain that the only big technical issues I've had have been quest related. They pull you out of the experience a bit....shame. Ah, I'm just venting, still loving it to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

With regards to smithing:
    - what are the upgrade levels? Such as fine, flawless legendary etc?
    - Is there anything past legendary?
    - I had an item(legendary) that i upgraded, it gained some armour but stayed legendary so does that mean they can be upgraded even more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

So I'm doing the imperial legion quests and after attacking a fort I'm told to report to Hadvar (the guy who frees you at the start of the game). But I can't find him! Where is he? When I click show on map it just shows the fort, and he's not there...help!

EDIT: Nevermind a reload sorted it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

With regards to smithing:
    - what are the upgrade levels? Such as fine, flawless legendary etc?
    - Is there anything past legendary?
    - I had an item(legendary) that i upgraded, it gained some armour but stayed legendary so does that mean they can be upgraded even more?

I'm level 100 smithing with no perks and I get flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

DarkJager wrote: »
    Once you get the furnishings it's quite cool. No more cobwebs and you'll have a cool alchemy lab as well.

Why didnt they give you the arcane table aswell to put in your house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

there's a speech perk so you can invest in traders, so they have more money

Thanks I had no idea of this. Annoying having to spend perks on that though when I want to spend them elsewhere :) but thanks for that!

I got some dwarven armor from a merc I came across in the wild: he was heading to a job and wanted me to assist. I just killed him and took it :P

However it's only the main body and the helmet - where in skyrim is the more of a chance to get my hands on dwarven armor?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wandered up around the college and Winterhold and as there was a blizzard any time I'd been there before never realised
    its beside a sea of ice
    so I just watched the sun go down, this has some jaw dropping scenery in it, beautiful looking game in places, crappy phone pic incoming:

20t07pi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Crosáidí wrote: »

Why didnt they give you the arcane table aswell to put in your house

I don't think it's available for the house in Whiterun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I don't think it's available for the house in Whiterun.

Nope, you can't get it in Whiterun. I bought everything else, and it's a fine looking place.

krudler wrote: »
    I wandered up around the college and Winterhold and as there was a blizzard any time I'd been there before never realised
    its beside a sea of ice
    so I just watched the sun go down, this has some jaw dropping scenery in it, beautiful looking game in places, crappy phone pic incoming:

20t07pi.jpg

Absolutely agree. Are there seasons in this game? Enroute to a quest I went to Kynesgrove for a second time and it's summer time here - could have sworn the first time it was covered in snow...

But yes I am walking around in awe at the graphics, beautiful blue sky, lush green forests ahead and above me, the clouds moving over the mountains, birds singing...this is a jaw dropping game :eek:

Contender for RPG of the last few years. Definitely game of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How do I buy a house then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

cloud493 wrote: »
    How do I buy a house then?

Go to a stable and talk to the guy leaning against one of the supports. Stables are outside nearly every town/city.

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Are there seasons in this game? Enroute to a quest I went to Kynesgrove for a second time and it's summer time here - could have sworn the first time it was covered in snow...

But yes I am walking around in awe at the graphics, beautiful blue sky, lush green forests ahead and above me, the clouds moving over the mountains, birds singing...this is a jaw dropping game :eek:

Contender for RPG of the last few years. Definitely game of the year!

even on the PS3 I think it looks beautiful!! seriously wish I a powerful PC for it thou...

defo GOTY!

Advertisement