Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Go to a stable and talk to the guy leaning against one of the supports. Stables are outside nearly every town/city.

hahaha!! he said house.. not horse!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

hypermuse wrote: »
    hahaha!! he said house.. not horse!! :D:D

So he did. Damn sleep deprivation.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Had a dragon battle there where I didn't get a soul.

It was pretty close to where I fought one before, so I'm thinking maybe they can spawn randomly for a fight but once you've killed them in that area once you don't get any more souls off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Elessar wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Are there seasons in this game? Enroute to a quest I went to Kynesgrove for a second time and it's summer time here - could have sworn the first time it was covered in snow...

But yes I am walking around in awe at the graphics, beautiful blue sky, lush green forests ahead and above me, the clouds moving over the mountains, birds singing...this is a jaw dropping game :eek:

Contender for RPG of the last few years. Definitely game of the year!

and yet I should be annoyed at the aging engine, the graphical flaws, the fact your character has no climbing animation in 3rd person (really would it have been that hard to do? you just float onto ledge instead of climb up) and the fact every person in Skyrim has the exact same body features :pac: but I can't be annoyed at minor things because the game as a whole more than makes up for them. I really envy the pc players with this as they can constantly improve the graphics and glitches, if there's mods to make it look amazing already imagine what it will look like in a few months time :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Game is graphically stunning at times. My PC only runs it on 2 cores though. Still maxes out the game, so I don't know whats up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

36 hours played in one week and I only just finished one of the main quest lines, although it doesn't really finish due to the new radiant quest system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not a huge deal I guess but I really hate being locked out of something cool because the stupid game lets you go anywhere from the outset almost and as suck pick up anything you find there. It also allows you to get rid of something that may be useful later and give no indication at all that it might be useful.

Spoiler ??? not to plot or quests but I'll spoiler any way, it refers to items you should hold onto .
    When you fight the Krosis he has a mask that give you can wear like a helmet etc and seemed to be just another magic piece of apparel
    I found 2 or 3 more of them from various enemies and sold them all bar one as they were magic related so of no use to me.

Later I discovered accidentally while exploring a place to put them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i went to my house in solitude and put a few bits in the chest at the end of my bed in the bedroom then proceeded to save the game, turned back on the game there and loaded last save up, I'm standing in the bedroom alight... but the bed is missing, the press/dresser behind the door is missing too and all the plates/food baskets and wine that was on it are all over the place on the floor. everything in my safe and chest is still there though. weird or what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

calex71 wrote: »
    Not a huge deal I guess but I really hate being locked out of something cool because the stupid game lets you go anywhere from the outset almost and as suck pick up anything you find there. It also allows you to get rid of something that may be useful later and give no indication at all that it might be useful.

Spoiler ??? not to plot or quests but I'll spoiler any way, it refers to items you should hold onto .
    When you fight the Krosis he has a mask that give you can wear like a helmet etc and seemed to be just another magic piece of apparel
    I found 2 or 3 more of them from various enemies and sold them all bar one as they were magic related so of no use to me.

Later I discovered accidentally while exploring a place to put them :mad:

I tend to keep one of every item in the game. I dunno what it is with me but i have one of every weapon and armour that i have discovered in my house, even if i dont plan to use them. As for the item you mentioned im using it at the moment but no way would i sell it as it seems to be a unique peice! Thanks for the heads up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Advertisement

my new alarm sound on my phone, waking up is gonna be fooking epic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Could be worse, Dovahkiin isn't too bad really. There's alot worse out there.

Anyway, i'm crazy close to buying this, but i'm wondering should i get it on PS3 or 360. Or, would my XPS laptop be able for it if CanYouRunIt gives me the following:

CPU - Intel Core 2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16 - Pass
    CPU Speed - 2.2 - Pass
    RAM - 3.2GB - Pass
    Video Card: GeForce Go 7950GTX: 743MB VRAM - Pass

It fails the recommended on the CPU recommending Quad Core, the RAM recommending 4GB and the Video Card VRAM recommending 1GB. How would i get on?

titan18 wrote: »

If they teach the kid a dragon shout as its first word they'll qualify as worlds most awesome parents :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

swiftblade wrote: »
    Bought my first house in Whiterun. Not the biggest, but at least it's a place to store all the crap im carrying. It has a cozy feel to it as well. :p
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Once you get the furnishings it's quite cool. No more cobwebs and you'll have a cool alchemy lab as well.

I just bought my first house in Whiterun this morning but i have no money to furnish it yet,so ive just dumped my stuff on the floor for now:D
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Had a dragon battle there where I didn't get a soul.

It was pretty close to where I fought one before, so I'm thinking maybe they can spawn randomly for a fight but once you've killed them in that area once you don't get any more souls off them?

Can't remember the name of the thriving farm i frequent for some extra gold. Went there today with Lydia to harvest some crops and a fire dragon showed up. Beat him, got the loot. Told Lydia to wait there then fast travelled to a side mission on my own, completed that then travelled back to find her.
    The dragons skeleton was still there then all of a sudden another dragon showed up (this time Ice).

Beat him in the same spot and now both skeletons are piled up on top of each other.

I got shouts from both dragons..

Question: Why can't i sell on stolen goods? Say i steal a weapon from Dragonsreach I then can't seem to sell it in whiterun. (even though the blacksmith has plenty gold..

Anywhere i can sell stolen goods

I think I might take a break from the main quest and do some sidemissions and levelling up over the weekend, I think I'm ploughing through the story too quick and I'm missing out on stuff, havent even scratched the surface of alchemy, enchantment, potions, buying a house (or a horse, fcukers are pricey when you're sub 1000 gold) or tons of other stuff. hell I havent even done the "join the legion" mission and thats one of the very first things you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Weirdest thing just happend to me :pac:

I used to have Lydia as a follower but she died and that was that......

Sooooo this girl in the college of magic place i forget the real name lol i am meant to marry her at the temple of mara.

So when it comes to attending the wedding as im standing there all sudden it says i failed :confused::confused:

Lydia s dead body gets dumped right at the door and everyone just keeps telling me just leave!! lol The girl i was meant to marry i forget her name says how could u ? lol ahhhh confusing.

Anyone had this happen to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Weirdest thing just happend to me :pac:

I used to have Lydia as a follower but she died and that was that......

Sooooo this girl in the college of magic place i forget the real name lol i am meant to marry her at the temple of mara.

So when it comes to attending the wedding as im standing there all sudden it says i failed :confused::confused:

Lydia s dead body gets dumped right at the door and everyone just keeps telling me just leave!! lol The girl i was meant to marry i forget her name says how could u ? lol ahhhh confusing.

Lydias body dropped in to the wedding??? :D that bitch be showin up at the most awkward times!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lydia s dead body gets dumped right at the door ...

No, but it's a known issue, read a few stories from people about the same thing, and a few threads with possible fixes... google it a bit and there may be a workaround. Other than going back to a save I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can you store stuff in your house and it wont go anywhere or get stolen?

Headshot wrote: »
    can you store stuff in your house and it wont go anywhere or get stolen?

Yep, the containers in the house are owned by you so anything stored will be there every time you go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yep, the containers in the house are owned by you so anything stored will be there every time you go back.

sound

That dragon stuff weighs ya down

Headshot wrote: »

sound

That dragon stuff weighs ya down

Great for selling on though, plenty of gold to be made from bones and scales. Just unlocked a speech perk that lets me invest 500 gold in to a shop. More money for them to buy my loot! \o/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just found a bear and a dragon fight to the death Guess who won ???????????????????
    Bear with the help of a couple of my arrows , those bears are tough
    up to level 8 I ran from beers!! Dragons are pretty easy compared to some mobs (I suspect some level-management is going on with the dragons, which would be a pity because that makes them less scary)!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

30 hours in or so (feels like a lot), have literally just gotten to Solitude. Level 22! Still havent seen that other city to the south either, the world is VAST! Feels far bigger than Oblivion for me anyway.

Just made my way into the Dark Brotherhood.
    The part when you wake up in the cabin is amazing. Yer one sitting on the dresser looking down, the hooded victims, then walking out of the cabin to a dark, misty, marshy, landscape with the silhouette of Solitude in the distance.

Was a real moment in the game. yup goty for me, no doubt. Loving the morrowindish feel of it too.

:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

re: encountering dragons...

Wow, I've had to duck a couple and have beaten 3 now, including the intro one.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Got the game today and have been playing non stop! Im Dark Elf, sneaking, archery and magicka is how i roll! Was at the top of some random mountain taking aim on an innocent deer when i noticed the shadow of wings and a body glide past in front of me, I've never fought a dragon before i seen that, i was about to **** the pants when i looked up and i seen an OWL!!!!! Mother ****er scared the **** out of me! Love this GAME!!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Whats the story with people going in and out at my house in whiterun? :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

hey the guy who does Garrett from Thief 3 also does some of the voices in Skyrim! How cool! I knew I recognised that weird twang...
    Apparently he does the voice of the Thieves Guild Leader. Now that is EXCELLENT! I love Thief 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Notorioux wrote: »
    Whats the story with people going in and out at my house in whiterun? :confused::mad:

I've had a common glitch where if you walk past an npc who starts talking to you and then you go through a door and a loading screen, they appear in the room with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DeVore wrote: »
    up to level 8 I ran from beers!!
    Nothing to be afraid of. Mead is quite stationary. Unless you've been hitting the Skooma?

Advertisement