Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

surely you got a copy of the Skyrim map in the game case? you can mark that if needs be or else photocopy it and mark it if you want to keep the original intact

Nice thinking bud!!
    Never thought of that.. I forgot bout it completely!! Might just do that.. or make a copy at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

loving the game but just thought of a slight issue i have with it now. I'd love if on the quest menu it had different headings for each quest line. whether its imperials, mages, main, stormcloaks etc..... instead of just piling them altogether into one list and make you guess what each one is for. i have loads built up and i have to hazard a guess at which ones are main quest lines or not.

just a small issue i have. doesnt take away from the game play in any way shape or form.
    Each faction has a different banner/icon beside the name of the quest. The main quest is a large dragon, the mages are an eye etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Crosáidí wrote: »
    xE4uzGaQDQg

:D

Gotta try that, brillant ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I need to increase my carrying ability, how do I do that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

put more points into stamina when you level up
    every 10 points of stamina is an extra 5 in carry weight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

each point in stamina increases carrying capacity by 5
    also some armour/enchanted items with +carry capacity
    some potions have temporary increase
    and there might be a 'feather' spell in alteration magic that increases capacity for a time, but unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Crosáidí wrote: »
    xE4uzGaQDQg

That was class!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Hey lads. I'll be getting Skyrim over Christmas but I'm not sure what version to get.

The PC I'll have will be mjore than capable of handling the game (especially since I'll be getting a new GPU in) but I'm not sure which is the better version to have: The PC or the PS3 version?

I tried to go through the thread to see any similar posts but after page two hundred and thirty something I relaized that might take me days.

Any ideas? Right now I'm leaning towarsds the PC version since the visuals are meant to be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Definitely the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Scráib wrote: »
    Hey lads. I'll be getting Skyrim over Christmas but I'm not sure what version to get.

The PC I'll have will be mjore than capable of handling the game (especially since I'll be getting a new GPU in) but I'm not sure which is the better version to have: The PC or the PS3 version?

I tried to go through the thread to see any similar posts but after page two hundred and thirty something I relaized that might take me days.

Any ideas? Right now I'm leaning towarsds the PC version since the visuals are meant to be better.
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Definitely the PC version

As a PS3 owner and player i whole heartedly agree! get the PC version as the visuals are stunning and with a great PC they will be spectacular.

A know issue with PS3 is the game lagging and stuttering when the save file gets over 5MB which can and does happen fairly quickly.

Anyone remember the gameplay video a few weeks ago where todd howard shot a flare that lit up the dungeons? What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

A better reason for picking the PC version rather than just the visuals is the mods.

Have a look here at some of the stuff added to Oblivion, there are thousands more too. Skyrim will be getting the same treatment.
    Elessar wrote: »
    Anyone remember the gameplay video a few weeks ago where todd howard shot a flare that lit up the dungeons? What is that?
    I didn't see the video, but it sounds like the Magelight spell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Elessar wrote: »

magelight or candlelight by the sounds of it - both alteration spells

/edit blowfish beat me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Enchanting is the way to go if you want money, if you have got the banish enchantment all you need is a petty or lesser soul gem and some cheap weapons like iron dagger and they'll be worth 2000 or more depending on your enchanting skill and soul gem

Wossack wrote: »
    magelight or candlelight by the sounds of it - both alteration spells

/edit blowfish beat me

Stupid question but where or how can I get it? I don't play with magic very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Haha I was in Ivarstead organising my inventory and I dropped a sword onto the ground as I needed space. When I went to walk away a guard came up to me and reprimanded me for leaving the sword on the ground and said someone could get hurt. Lol I can't believe they programmed something like that into the game.

Also in my travels while cleaving people with my sword I've contracted vampirism. You get a few days before it becomes fully blown and you have to start chomping necks, right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For anyone interested in getting it on PC, I tested the game with a 2.13 dual core and a 7900GS with 2GB RAM. Runs low/medium on full resolution at 30-50fps. As I said last night it seems to be optimized on dual core, my rig at home seldomly used the third core.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Creature wrote: »
    Haha I was in Ivarstead organising my inventory and I dropped a sword onto the ground as I needed space. When I went to walk away a guard came up to me and reprimanded me for leaving the sword on the ground and said someone could get hurt. Lol I can't believe they programmed something like that into the game.

Also in my travels while cleaving people with my sword I've contracted vampirism. You get a few days before it becomes fully blown and you have to start chomping necks, right?

i cant help you there. i contracted vampirism and then died about 4 seconds later. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

humanji wrote: »

I just remembered an earlier moment I had when in the first dungeon. I had just started using the lightning spell and was pretty chuffed with it. I rescued a guy, who ran off shouting "Why should I share the treasure with you?". To which I ran after him, shooting lightning and screamed "Cause I'm a motherf*cking Jedi, bitch!" at the monitor.

From the next room I heard "Keep it down, you old nerd." :(

I remember that guy. He was trapped in a spider's web. When he ran away I just ran after him and took the legs from under him with a good swipe of by steel longsword. All the commotion alerted the attention of three Draughr zombies who ganged up on me afterwards but I managed to fend them off. Those Draughrs are a pain in the ass, especially the ones that fire lightning at you:D

My character is Jaime Lannister from the Song of Ice and Fire novels. He's a heavy armor clad, destruction spell using warrior armed with sword and shield, with a big two handed Greatsword on standby for tougher enemies:)

Scráib wrote: »

Absolutely most definitely unequivocally get the PC version..

I have it for PS3 only coz I dont have a PC powerful enough to handle it.. You would be making a mistake by not going for PC

My character is Jaime Lannister

what an a$$hole! great character thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Thanks for the advice lads, that's a pretty unanimous reply of the PC so that's what I'll go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

To town to pick this up, finally.

Then a train journey home :(

To town to pick this up, finally.

Then a train journey home :(

you shoulda just walked to town with a sword and see what kinda creatures you encounter out in the wilderness! Come across any trolls then kill them with fire!!

Train! pfff.. amateur!

You'll be delighted with it when you have thou!! best game I've played in a long long time, maybe even ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's honestly the best single player game I've played since Morrowind, which for me makes it the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hypermuse wrote: »
    you shoulda just walked to town with a sword and see what kinda creatures you encounter out in the wilderness! Come across any trolls then kill them with fire!!

Train! pfff.. amateur!

You'll be delighted with it when you have thou!! best game I've played in a long long time, maybe even ever!!

Problem is going around town with a big ass sword will probably land him in jail and unless he has a lock pick hes screwed.

Good luck with the quest though.

It's honestly the best single player game I've played since Morrowind, which for me makes it the best ever.

yea I was trying to think of other games that really captured me and pulled me in..

I enjoyed MGS,
    I loved GTA VC/SA
    But Morrowind and Skyrim are defo top of the list for me!!

Oblivion was good but very repetitive in places.. not as good as Morrowind imo.. but Skyrim is leap years ahead of Morrowind for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Are many people sharing this view? I've never played any of the previous games, but it has my interest now. Would I be able to pick this up and play ok provided I haven't played them before? I've a PS3 and PC (Q6600 2.4, 4GB, 8800GT).

Advertisement