Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Fizman wrote: »
    Are many people sharing this view? I've never played any of the previous games, but it has my interest now. Would I be able to pick this up and play ok provided I haven't played them before? I've a PS3 and PC (Q6600 2.4, 4GB, 8800GT).

So far, yes. It's god-damn brilliant. I'd get it on PC, your PC is more than capable for it. I've not played the PS3 version but the 360 version I'm also quite impressed, bar the downgrading of the graphics after HD install. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah I have the same view, best game I've played in years. It's the first time in ages that I feel excited even starting the game up. Every time you play it, for 10 mins or 10 hours there's always something to do. I played for 2 hours this morning and all I did was craft armour and weapons.

It's just the sort of game you could play for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

DarkJager wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same view, best game I've played in years. It's the first time in ages that I feel excited even starting the game up. Every time you play it, for 10 mins or 10 hours there's always something to do. I played for 2 hours this morning and all I did was craft armour and weapons.

It's just the sort of game you could play for months.

I was like a giddy little school girl the week of 11.11.11!! was so excited I couldnt wait!!

Worst part was I had to go to work 11.11.11 so I picked it up that morning and it was burning a whole in my bad the whole day!! dont think I have ever walked to fast home in my life.. stopped to pick up some junk food, pizza n coke to settle in for the night!!

I've never ever been like that about a game release before.. never!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

deffo get it on the pc and get a shaders mod...the standard game on ultra looks s **** compared to the atmosphere with extra shadowing and things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

how do you make dragon bone armor! i have the scales and bone, can you only make after a certain level or quest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Nodferatu wrote: »
    how do you make dragon bone armor! i have the scales and bone, can you only make after a certain level or quest!

Need to have smithing at 100, and have unlocked the perk aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My character is Jaime Lannister from the Song of Ice and Fire novels. He's a heavy armor clad, destruction spell using warrior armed with sword and shield, with a big two handed Greatsword on standby for tougher enemies:)

I called mine Madmartigan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think you need really high smithing possibly maxed smithing and then a perk for creating dragon armour.

Someone else will confirm that no doubt, I am only at 80 smithing at the mo.
    krudler wrote: »
    I called mine Madmartigan :pac:

CLASS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

100 Smithing.

Here's mine :D (Yes i used a camera, damn lack of PS3 screenshots)

picture.php?albumid=1918&pictureid=11249

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Elessar wrote: »
    Stupid question but where or how can I get it? I don't play with magic very much.

That smug mage advisor in whiterun should sell it
    the one who sends you off to get the dragon tablet in bleak falls barrow

I find as you get more levels, more spells become available for purchase (as implied by them when they say '... spells and incantations for those will the skill to use them', now I think about it :) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/buy fireball
    /cast it 2 handed into sky to test out
    /hawk falls at my feet
    /profit

/buy fireball
    /cast it 2 handed into sky to test out
    /hawk falls at my feet
    /profit

seriously?? I aint even seen any birds.. except for the big scaly ones that breath fire :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

So some guy starts brawling me. What am i supposed to do. I cant get his health down before he does mine, should i just stand there, and wait for him to knock me out ?

100 Smithing.

picture.php?albumid=1917&pictureid=11248

I dont see anything.. I'd like to see what it looks like!! can you make dragon gauntlets and helmets aswel??

hypermuse wrote: »
    seriously?? I aint even seen any birds.. except for the big scaly ones that breath fire :pac:

ye was pretty sweet, free hawk stuff! they drop 2 items

I dont see anything.. I'd like to see what it looks like!! can you make dragon gauntlets and helmets aswel??

Check the original post, should work now!

Indeed you can.

Spunge wrote: »
    So some guy starts brawling me. What am i supposed to do. I cant get his health down before he does mine, should i just stand there, and wait for him to knock me out ?

Stick and move! You need to circle and dodge, make them miss strikes and the land 2 or 3 yourself before they swing again. I haven't fought one brawl yet where the opponent has done the slightest bit of damage to me. Where is this guy out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Stick and move! You need to circle and dodge, make them miss strikes and the land 2 or 3 yourself before they swing again. I haven't fought one brawl yet where the opponent has done the slightest bit of damage to me. Where is this guy out of interest?

He's in markarth. There' literally no way id be able to beat him, i do a smidgen of damage per punch, it would take at least 5 minutes, and thats without me losing first.

100 Smithing.

picture.php?albumid=1918&pictureid=11249

that looks badass!! unashamedly over the top which is what I like about it!! :D

Whats the specs for it?? Armor, weight value?

I dont even wear armor.. if you ran into me I'd prob die :D
    ye was pretty sweet, free hawk stuff! they drop 2 items

Thats sweet!! so gonna have to try that... had to be a 1 in million chance but still!! Seriously aint even seen a hawk myself yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it takes longer than 5 minutes, and be careful you dont punch a bystander or the guards come after you. pain in the ass.

****ing hated the brawls until I got my heavy armour perks up, now they just punch away at me and tdont do any damage so i take the time to make a cup of tea

• Advertisement

He's in markarth. There' literally no way id be able to beat him, i do a smidgen of damage per punch, it would take at least 5 minutes, and thats without me losing first.

are you allowed to take potions during a fist fight or is that taboo??

Excellent, I must go kick his head in tonight :D what type of armour are you wearing?

that looks badass!! unashamedly over the top which is what I like about it!! :D

Whats the specs for it?? Armor, weight value?

I dont even wear armor.. if you ran into me I'd prob die :D

Thats sweet!! so gonna have to try that... had to be a 1 in million chance but still!! Seriously aint even seen a hawk myself yet!

Depends on what heavy armour perks you have, i have the well fitted perk and two perks invested in Juggernaut and am getting an armour rating of 380.

Depends on what heavy armour perks you have, i have the well fitted perk and two perks invested in Juggernaut and am getting an armour rating of 380.

hahaha! thats colossal!

Apparently its not as strong as the Daedric armor thou.. It harder to craft in terms of materials..

hahaha! thats colossal!

Apparently its not as strong as the Daedric armor thou.. It harder to craft in terms of materials..

Yea daedric is a bit better alright. Nah man, just dragon skin and bones!

hahaha! thats colossal!

you can get like 450/480 with daedra or more, not sure!
    you can also enchant things so much that you dont lose mana or life ever...

Anybody know what the levels for smithing are? My stuff is exquisite but I've seen somewhere it can go to legendary?

you can get like 450/480 with daedra or more, not sure!
    you can also enchant things so much that you dont lose mana or life ever...

thats were things can start to become a bit boring thou tbh.. If your practically invincible then it is fun but the challenge is taken away!

The Daedric armor is stronger and heavier but it is harder to craft coz you need deadric hearts amongst other things to create it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I found a Nirnroot farm!

Advertisement