Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yea daedric is a bit better alright. Nah man, just dragon skin and bones!

Is there a light armour equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I found a Nirnroot farm!

Elaborate and provide location please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is there a light armour equivalent?

Of dragon? Indeed there is.

Of dragon? Indeed there is.

Deadly!

Using a pretty rag tag set up of Heavy Armour at the mo, but gonna make the jump to light now for the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests.

Once I get my smithing to 100, will build those armour sets, how many perks did you have to pump into the smithing tree to be able to make Dragon Armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I found a Nirnroot farm!

:eek::eek::eek:

there is a god!!

where abouts??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nirnroot farm? Please...i found a Nirnroot Cavern :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Deadly!

Using a pretty rag tag set up of Heavy Armour at the mo, but gonna make the jump to light now for the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests.

Once I get my smithing to 100, will build those armour sets, how many perks did you have to pump into the smithing tree to be able to make Dragon Armour?

You'll need a minimum of 5 perks including the perk for dragon armour.

You'll need a minimum of 5 perks including the perk for dragon armour.

Thanks, not so bad, I have 2 in it already, 3 or 4 more won't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody know what the levels for smithing are? My stuff is exquisite but I've seen somewhere it can go to legendary?

have a read here. It details the different levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

get a bound bow
    feel like Hank the Ranger from Dungeons and Dragons

tumblr_lkb2hnNGtY1qcqlp3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I had the best Skyrim experience today, did the mission where
    you have to break into the Thalmor Embassy. Got in, rescued the guy and the bartender and took the escape tunnel out. Que 4 Thalmor Inquisitors and 3 bandits waiting outside. Thought, it'd be all over for me when TWO DRAGONS appeared out of nowhere, fried the bad guys, then started fighting each other.

This game is literally epic.

I'm having a few frame rate issues with the PS3 though. I don't know if its the limitations of the hardware, or because its an old PS3, but it's getting more frequent the more I progress through the game.

I'm having a few frame rate issues with the PS3 though. I don't know if its the limitations of the hardware, or because its an old PS3, but it's getting more frequent the more I progress through the game.

tis a known issue apparently that if your save file is over 5mb (shockingly enough that doesnt take long) your PS3 starts lagging and stuttering along. no idea if anything is being done about it though.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/225030/skyrim-ps3-framerate-issue-being-investigated-says-bethesda/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

What's the point of bound weapons exactly? I don't get it, why not use normal weapons with enchants that won't waste magicka?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Big Knox wrote: »
    What's the point of bound weapons exactly? I don't get it, why not use normal weapons with enchants that won't waste magicka?
    What part of "feel like Hank the Ranger from Dungeons and Dragons" don't you understand? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Big Knox wrote: »

I tried out the bound bow and it was pretty powerful. More poweful than my current bow which i put a lot of effort into enchanting and crafting.

I aint ever used conjured weapons but gonna start now coz I need to start getting my conjure skills up for more powerful summoning!!

Plus if you only used bound weapons it means you have more room to carry loot! and if your stuck and need a weapon, you will always find one on a quest/dungeon

anyone else find it funny how this thread is steaming along, most posts in the forum etc etc..

yet the actual elder scrolls forum is pretty dead..
    I tried starting a few threads to put a bita life into it but its not happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

humanji wrote: »
    What part of "feel like Hank the Ranger from Dungeons and Dragons" don't you understand? :P

True, don't know what I was thinking tbh!! :D

hypermuse wrote: »
    yet the actual elder scrolls forum is pretty dead..

wow, i didn't know there was one

Tis here

The elder scrolls forum

Either no-one knows bout it or they just dont use it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

hypermuse wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

there is a god!!

where abouts??

Between Iverstead and Riften, more closer to the Iverstead side of the map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

damn ill have to start working on smithing so!!
    no sign of the 'adoring fan' yet then!! heheh

Is there any arena battles like in oblivion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

awesome, got a lightning spell, now to walk around screaming "unlimited powwerrrr!" at people

Spunge wrote: »
    Is there any arena battles like in oblivion ?

dont think so.. that was the best part of oblivion for me!! loved that arena! was like a complete game in itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i have been playing a theif style and i havent put any skills in magic at all just sneak, one handed and light armour also smithing can nealry make dragon armour. But i havent enchanted anything yet really, I was wondering how do i use soul gem's ? I cant figure out how to get souls in them :confused:

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i have been playing a theif style and i havent put any skills in magic at all just sneak, one handed and light armour also smithing can nealry make dragon armour. But i havent enchanted anything yet really, I was wondering how do i use soul gem's ? I cant figure out how to get souls in them :confused:

2 ways AFAIK, 1 cast soul trap on the enemy and when they die you capture their soul (providing you have a big enough soul gem.) and 2 is enchant a weapon with some spell (dont know the name) which traps their soul if you kill them within a certain time limit usually a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Lone Stone wrote: »

2 ways AFAIK, 1 cast soul trap on the enemy and when they die you capture their soul (providing you have a big enough soul gem.) and 2 is enchant a weapon with some spell (dont know the name) which traps their soul if you kill them within a certain time limit usually a few seconds.

Its called soul trap you can get in from the mage in Whiterun I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

justryan wrote: »
    Its called soul trap you can get in from the mage in Whiterun I believe

Ow great thanks wish id known that before now im like lvl 25 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone know any good potion mixes? I made one with dragons tongue, fly amanita and tundra cotton that does a rake of stuff, was just banging ingredients together

Advertisement