Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was walking up a mountain towards something strange that was on my compass when I noticed a strange coloured monument ahead of me. I stopped to admire it and go "wow, what a game" when it moved and a giant bastard dragon unwrapped itself from the top of a giant pillar and flew into the air, circled around and came at me. Killed him easily enough, but as I was walking up the slope towards where he'd flown from.. congratulating myself all the way and not bothering to heal myself.. one of those dragon priest bastards comes out of the coffin when I got there and forces me to use five ultimate healing potions before I took him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Stuck in a glitch in Markarth after a mission. The guards constantly attack me and there's no option to pay the bounty or anything and there's too many to kill so I'll have to reload an older save.

It's happened to lots of others too so will hopefully be patched soon. It was a great mission!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Has anyone done A Night To Remember Quest? Any tips killing the
    Ice Wizard in Worvunskar? Her Ice storm is owning my battle mage really bad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Da fook. Has anyone come across a/The Krosis yet? Dear god...

AH for feck sake, just killed Lydia with an arrow to the back of the head, bloody woman got in the way.

I fought one after my first non storyline Dragon Encounter. The Dragon was piss easy (yay 90% Fire Resist) then this thing pops out of a coffin and proceeds to 2 shot me with Ice Shards. Reloaded and fought him again and he walked right off a cliff, so i warped back to Whiterun then back to the Krosis location and he respawned from the Coffin. Funny thing is he just stood there and i wailed on him for like a minute before he died. No way i would have beat him if he actually fought back. Nice loot also!

Krosis are tough to beat I have three masks so far those battles weren't easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Stuck in a glitch in Markarth after a mission. The guards constantly attack me and there's no option to pay the bounty or anything and there's too many to kill so I'll have to reload an older save.

It's happened to lots of others too so will hopefully be patched soon. It was a great mission!
    There is one condition there in which you have to go to jail, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

does anyone here bother with food??

I dont eat it in the game and I forget to eat it while playing the game :D btw, you just lost the game :pac:

But seriously.. does anyone bother with food in skyrim?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hypermuse wrote: »
    does anyone here bother with food??

I dont eat it in the game and I forget to eat it while playing the game :D btw, you just lost the game :pac:

But seriously.. does anyone bother with food in skyrim?

It's a good thing to collect and sell because it usually only weights 0.1 and is worth a couple of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Overheal wrote: »
    There is one condition there in which you have to go to jail, basically.

Yeah I thought so but
    people who have gone to the prison and broken out are having the same problem with guards attacking them constantly when they go anywhere near the reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

One minor gripe with the game is how powerful the random dragons are.. theres no way giants and mammoths should beable to kill them so easily. They should have been much more rare and quite a bit harder to kill imo... im hoping that there are some scripted dragons later on in the game that are actually much tougher than the standard ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

OH no.. its happened again.. nearly 4 in the morn n I still have loads to do before I can think bout turning off skyrim.. :)

There goes that idea of an early start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just back from a pretty hot date, first thing I've done is load up Skyrim... I may have a problem. But those bitches ain't gonna murder themselves...

/hail Sithis

EDIT: (Balls, contracts are much harder when drunk.)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Yeah I thought so but
    people who have gone to the prison and broken out are having the same problem with guards attacking them constantly when they go anywhere near the reach.

Yea, I've the same problem too :( No major reason to go back there at present either so I suppose it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

probably has to do with
    releasing the forsworn? I knew I should have just stabbed that guy in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Been playing 24 hours, only 3 main quests completed and a few random miscellaneous side missions completed, best game I've ever played, simply beautiful! I have a 40inch HDTV and it looks amazing on it, my mom came in while i was just walking by a river and was amazed at how real the game looked, she asked me where is that in the world, she thought it was a real place! LOL!

I've been sneaking, using magicka and archery throughout, 61 sneak, 41 archery and 42 destruction. With sneaking however its HILARIOUS at times, for example....

*takes aim, shoots soldier in the head*
    Soldier - 'What?!! What was that'
    *me- run and hide in a darkish corner*
    Soldier - Runs to where the noise came from.....'Must have been my imagination' Soldier then walks away thinking it was his IMAGINATION with an orcish arrow sticking out the side of his head hahahaha Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

So finally got my Smithy up to 101 (it seems you can increase skills from 100 to 101 making yourself a 'Grandmaster' type in the skill) and made myself some Daedric armour. My enchanting is at 96 and its painstaking trying to get enough soul gems and capturing souls to bring it to 100 skill, it will be worth it though as Im gonna dual enchant all my daedric equipment and wreak havoc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

justryan wrote: »
    I'm getting lonely wandering around Skyrim how can I marry someone

You need the Amulet of Mara AFAIK
    You need to get it from some follower of Mara, apparently in Riften in the Bee & Barb or at the Cult of Mara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You need the Amulet of Mara AFAIK
    You need to get it from some follower of Mara, apparently in Riften in the Bee & Barb or at the Cult of Mara

Found it twice in dungeons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

who are the npcs you can marry? I've seen Aela is supposed to be one but I'm wearing the amulet and I've done all the quests for the temple of mara but there are no speech options for marriage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

MAHAHAAAA.

Does this sentence mean anything to anyone yet?

"Were they supposed to explode? Because they exploded."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Have had this with a week and only popped it in there, got to say im only at the menu and im loving it so far, the start menu music is epic, cant wait to play it lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love at night time when the elves try and rob you and then you slaughter them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

has anyone had a problem on the ps3 where it lags? it happens the odd time

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Jumpy wrote: »
    "Were they supposed to explode? Because they exploded."

That's when you get scrolls of the Khajit in College of Winterhold, and when you practice them you explode, they were fun to test out though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Any good guides online? I always end up messing up a bit in how I play these games so a few pointers are needed. I have no clue whether I should be smithing my own gear or enchanting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just bought the house and decorations in Solitude... I love being rich :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just bought the house and decorations in Solitude... I love being rich :D

How much have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

85,000 left after buying the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

kill the last witness and you lose the bounty so....

Suck it Orcs, all your ebony is mine.

Advertisement