Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

finally downloading it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

85,000 left after buying the house.

The economic crisis of Skyrim is not treating some of us so well. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Any good guides online? I always end up messing up a bit in how I play these games so a few pointers are needed. I have no clue whether I should be smithing my own gear or enchanting stuff.

http://www.uesp.net/ is usually pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Roleplaying a battlemage is so much fun, running into battle shooting fireballs and smashing skulls with a mace feels awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Getting a bit fed up trying to play this on the ps3 now its really lagging badly for me after about 10 minuets :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Getting a bit fed up trying to play this on the ps3 now its really lagging badly for me after about 10 minuets :mad:

How big is your save file, apparently there's some bug that when you've gotten far enough into the game (save file of everything you've done is over 6mb) the game runs like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

it will be patched but I'd wager it will take another two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Varik wrote: »
    How big is your save file, apparently there's some bug that when you've gotten far enough into the game (save file of everything you've done is over 6mb) the game runs like ****.

its well over 6mb by this stage i think, but it crashed my PlayStation which has never ever happened with any game i own. I just thought i would check the Bethesda forums today and see whats up and the ps3 forum is just full of issue's.

Im not even sure if i want to risk playing the thing untill they fix this seem's to be screwing up a lot of people's playstation's. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

85,000 left after buying the house.

:eek: you have been making making dat paper! HOW U SO RICH?

Ive been playing for yonks and just broke 10 Gs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I had some epic fight last night..

Did a quest, was a fun one where the small little orcish camp just west of Rofden want you to retrieve an amazingly sexy warhammer from a load of giants who were annoying them..

anyway, after finishing the quest I fast travelled to the above camp and there was a giant there right in front of me and loads of orcs came out and started fighting him, then in the middle of that battle a frost dragon just landed right beside me.. scared the fecking ****e outa me!!

How the hell does a dragon just sneak up on you!!! after a bloody battle I was the only one standing, with a dead giant, dead dragon and the place littered with 7 orc bodies..

Got some bout of loot!! woop woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was fighting a Draugar wight last night and I couldn't get his health down as he was regenerating too fast and kept disarming me with his magic attacks
    how do you kill these things? was I too weak to fight him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you might be
    i had serious trouble with one of them a couple of days ago, I ended up spamming frost atronarchs to distract him, casting blizzard scrolls and firestorms and eventually only beat him because he got stuck between my atronarch and a large vase and wasnt able to hit me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Remain hidden and Keep tapping away with your bow to the head. Takes a few good shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Skerries wrote: »
    was fighting a Draugar wight last night and I couldn't get his health down as he was regenerating too fast and kept disarming me with his magic attacks
    how do you kill these things? was I too weak to fight him?

Silver weapons are lethal against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Hey all. I've been reading this thead alot but haven't been posting (til now). Can't get enough of this game...45 hours of my life and counting well spent!

I have run in to one big enough issue though...I can't get Lydia to follow me! I left her in breezehome in Whiterun, and when i go back to get her as a companion, she says i already have someone with me... but i have no one. Has anyone encountered something similar and/or know how to fix the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Happened to me when I had hired a mercenary.
    I lost the mercenary in a cave and when the time came for Lydia to be 'given' to me they said I already had a companion.
    So I found another quest which automatically gives someone tagging along with you and once I finished that I was able to go get Lydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Happened to me when I had hired a mercenary.
    I lost the mercenary in a cave and when the time came for Lydia to be 'given' to me they said I already had a companion.
    So I found another quest which automatically gives someone tagging along with you and once I finished that I was able to go get Lydia.

cheers I'll give that a shot later. I need my loot hording mule back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Ran into a bug during one of the missions. It's a quest to find three amulets. I've entered the first cave and killed the Dragaur(sp?) holding one of the amulets but I can't actually loot the body. The objective arrow still hangs over his head, it's like the character isn't actually 'dead'. Anyone have this problem? Tried reloading a save and still the same issue. Playing on Pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lone Stone wrote: »
    its well over 6mb by this stage i think, but it crashed my PlayStation which has never ever happened with any game i own. I just thought i would check the Bethesda forums today and see whats up and the ps3 forum is just full of issue's.

Im not even sure if i want to risk playing the thing untill they fix this seem's to be screwing up a lot of people's playstation's. :mad:

Yeah, read something on this yesterday. Anyways, heres a article about it. Should be fixed soon.

Anyways, smashing game. Up all night playing it, and played it all day. I wish I could bring my computer up to college, next weeks gonna go by so slowly:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's not a very demanding resources wise is it though? I'm playing on ultra graphics settings @ 60 fps and my GPU usages stays under 50% (gtx 570)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Dragon attacked me on the way across the bridge to the mages guild. It flew over the college and i couldn't see it anymore, however i saw that it's health bar diminishing rapidly. Stupid Dragon...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dunno if posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dunno if posted.

Your about the 5th person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dragon attacked me on the way across the bridge to the mages guild. It flew over the college and i couldn't see it anymore, however i saw that it's health bar diminishing rapidly. Stupid Dragon...

I just fought a dragon in the college of Winterhold courtyard!! it was quite brilliant!! He didnt stand a chance with me having so many pillars to hide behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

12 hours in and I'm only on my way up to the Grey Beards. I've come across one dragon, the one that you have to fight as part of the story. I just keep going into almost every dungeon I come across. Finding it hard to manage my inventory. Never have enough room. I'm investing in stamina so it's helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

trying to find Helgi afterdark and i use clairvoyance, i didnt realise that i had a side mission active at the time for another town and so my clairvoyance led me from Markthal all the way to Solitude. bastards!!!

if you are doing that Find helgi mission then clairvoyance does not work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

First mage college quest
    Came back from Saryall (sp?), talked to the arch mage, went back down the stairs to speak to the orc in the library but on the way the dark elf that tests you before you join is in the hallway and starts attacking me? wtf? she couldn't die either, kept reviving herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

trying to find Helgi afterdark and i use clairvoyance, i didnt realise that i had a side mission active at the time for another town and so my clairvoyance led me from Markthal all the way to Solitude. bastards!!!

if you are doing that Find helgi mission then clairvoyance does not work :(

Ouch! I dont get Clairvoyance to be honest. If you track a quest its gonna show you where to go on your compass anyway :confused: Maybe its true purpose was to sidetrack people who have accidently actived random miscellaneous side quests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Right lads I need a bit of memory refreshing.

I played oblivion for 3 months when it came out, simply the greatest game I've played. I got Skyrim on Friday and I'm expecting more of the same and better.

I need a quick account of,

1. The storyline of Skyrim, whats it meant to be about?
    2. Whats the dark brotherhood and all them?
    3. Whats the story with the law in this game, if I rob something in a shop and the shopkeeper seems me, whats likely to happen?

Advertisement