Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Right lads I need a bit of memory refreshing.

I played oblivion for 3 months when it came out, simply the greatest game I've played. I got Skyrim on Friday and I'm expecting more of the same and better.

I need a quick account of,

1. The storyline of Skyrim, whats it meant to be about?
    2. Whats the dark brotherhood and all them?
    3. Whats the story with the law in this game, if I rob something in a shop and the shopkeeper seems me, whats likely to happen?

If you get caught stealing guard will try apprehend you, you can pay a fine and give the stuff back or else attack him. I just pay the fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nightingales light armor looks damn good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Can anyone give me a hint on how to start the Darkbrotherhood quest line? I tried killing someone and that didn't seem to work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what is with skyrim deleting save games ffs. deleted my gfs character because i was playing? there should be like 50 saves and there are 10-20 because skyrim jsut decides to delete other characters.

swiftblade wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a hint on how to start the Darkbrotherhood quest line? I tried killing someone and that didn't seem to work.
    Theres a kid in windhelm, aventi or something do his quest and you get in. It should me in your misc quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Doing those quests at the moment, they're pretty awesome! To start the quest line
    go to Windhelm, there's a kid (Aventus Arentino) trying to perform the dark sacrament to contact the Brotherhood. Help him and once that quest is done sleep for at least 8 hours to begin the quest line proper, the surprise waiting when you wake up is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

After buying something really really strange from Arcadia in whiterun. It's a chest that has the name Do Not Delete. I can't open it and can't do anything with it. Anyone have a clue what this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Just got raped by Vampires up in Bloodlet Throne? High in the mountains once you leave the dungeon running from the Helgen dragon.....Still love this game for the 3 hours I played it.

-Should add I restarted my save, didn't like the Khajit (?) race so I chose the High Elf. Was level 1 entering the bloodlet throne, bad idea in hindsight, the fire trap on the way in might have been a giveaway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Right lads I need a bit of memory refreshing.

I played oblivion for 3 months when it came out, simply the greatest game I've played. I got Skyrim on Friday and I'm expecting more of the same and better.

I need a quick account of,

1. The storyline of Skyrim, whats it meant to be about?
    2. Whats the dark brotherhood and all them?
    3. Whats the story with the law in this game, if I rob something in a shop and the shopkeeper seems me, whats likely to happen?

1. Play the game! You'll understand more as you play
    2. Assassins guild basically, contract killers
    3. You get arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Sanguine Rose staff <3:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Just reforged
    Mehrune's Razor. Schtabby stabby!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dwemer Ruins in Markarth are a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I just ran my first dwarven ruin, I hate them b**tarding Robot groups..

Being a werewolf is fun! :D

Jaysus, I quick travelled to a fort and heard a Dragon thought great I like fighting dragons, During the fight I noticed him switching from Fire to Ice... This is wierd but if i can have more than one shout so can he. Turns out i was fighting two of the bastards. killed them hear a growl turn around and theres two saber cats licking there lips. Oh Shít says I and i blast with flame breath to start the fight forgetting mine is full, they both go down in one :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

wut

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Just got raped by Vampires up in Bloodlet Throne? High in the mountains once you leave the dungeon running from the Helgen dragon.....Still love this game for the 3 hours I played it.

-Should add I restarted my save, didn't like the Khajit (?) race so I chose the High Elf. Was level 1 entering the bloodlet throne, bad idea in hindsight, the fire trap on the way in might have been a giveaway :pac:

you just jumped into adventuring didnt ya lol head for Riverwood and then Whiterun after the first part at Helgen and it'll get you a lot of stuff you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Leeg17 wrote: »

In a general sense, the higher up in the mountains you go, the more dangerous it gets. If you stick to quests/dungeons lower down you should be better off.

Being a werewolf is fun! :D

is that something you get on a quest or a general power you can pick up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

krudler wrote: »

a quest
    you dont have to do it though

• Advertisement

Not really a spoiler...
    Two ways of getting it. Getting bit by a wolf carrying the disease, or you can get it in a quest that you do for The Comapanions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Fecking Bears!! jaysus!!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Fecking Bears!! jaysus!!

snow bears are a pain in the balls, takes a lot to put them down if you're in the lower levels.

I've been playing for 19hrs and am still lvl 9, I really need to go killing things instead of only doing it on dungeon quests. I did take down a giant last night, I usually leave them alone but said feck it, wanted to see what I'd get from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Said i'd clear out the old chest in Breezehome so I took all the Iron and Leather I had stored up and went and made Iron Daggers and Leather Bracers (It wasn't a huge amount).

Within 15 minutes I had my Blacksmithing up to 60 and had gone up 3 levels!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

giants are bastards.. i can kill them easily now and i've been hunting them and mammoths for their souls but I just feel so bad about it after they're dead

I'vec taken to just wandering around the north of the map looking for mudcrabs instead

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I lost Lydia almost immediately. I think it was during a dragon fight but then I climbed a of hard mountainside so maybe she got stuck. Is there any chance she's waiting somewhere for me?

Also, if I hire a companion do they stay until they die or just a set amount of time?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Blowfish wrote: »
    In a general sense, the higher up in the mountains you go, the more dangerous it gets. If you stick to quests/dungeons lower down you should be better off.

Cool thanks, I'll train up a bit doing quests and then head back there for my bloody revenge! :D
    you just jumped into adventuring didnt ya lol head for Riverwood and then Whiterun after the first part at Helgen and it'll get you a lot of stuff you need.

Haha yea, couldn't wait to go kill some stuff. I love in a kind of GTA-esque way selling a randoming hunter something and then killing him and taking it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Came across M'aiq the Liar, the little fecker. Blood Dragon came along, and the cowardly (smart?) little kitty legged it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

DeVore wrote: »
    I lost Lydia almost immediately. I think it was during a dragon fight but then I climbed a of hard mountainside so maybe she got stuck. Is there any chance she's waiting somewhere for me?

Also, if I hire a companion do they stay until they die or just a set amount of time?

DeV.

Go back to the area you lost her in and wait 1 or 2 hours, she should reappear beside you. They don't leave unless they die or you tell them to go, but you can always rehire them at their original location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

Eh if you wait for an hour they usually appear longside you otherwise shes dead,if you told her to leave she'll be in Whiterun.

You hire them till they die!

Snow Bears are the biggest balls ever,Bears are pretty tough for a common enemy i must say,i've a level 35 thief build and i hate fighting bears.

On the other hand i have a level 13 Pure Mage now and ive found adventuring much more fun,just went straight into adventuring and have done no main quests and im cleaning out Dungeons nice and easy.

Advertisement