Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

DeVore wrote: »
    I lost Lydia almost immediately. I think it was during a dragon fight but then I climbed a of hard mountainside so maybe she got stuck. Is there any chance she's waiting somewhere for me?

Also, if I hire a companion do they stay until they die or just a set amount of time?

DeV.

I had a companion with me maybe 3 days. He was loyal to me getting me out of some hairy moments. After fighting some giants i went to hand him some of the loot and the option was there to hire him for 500 gold.
    (Bit cheeky looking for a pay rise after 3 days:)).

I gave him a true warrior style death and took back all my loot.

Lydia's life ended quite quickly at the hands of a snow troll who would have ended mine too if i hadn't ran for my life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm pretty sure if you quick travel while they are supposed to be following you then they will appear again beside you. I don't want to use quick travel in the game but I'll use it for that (shortest distance I can find) or for simple things like quick travelling to whiterun when I'm round the other side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I still have Lydia, nearly lost her to a bear twice but she's surprisingly good at holding her own, saved my ass twice so far when I was low on health and she was peppering an ice troll with arrows. I keep losing her but she always finds me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

swiftblade wrote: »
    Not really a spoiler...
    Two ways of getting it. Getting bit by a wolf carrying the disease, or you can get it in a quest that you do for The Comapanions
    Ohh ****e, I did pick up something off a wolf earlier..
    *Howls*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

I felt like I was on the edge of a cliff in real life when I was at high hrothgar. Immersion level of this game is something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,827 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I lost Lydia very early myself. First dragon fight we got into, she became a ragdoll in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I decided to finally let a person assist me on my travels and she is bad ass!! I as reluctant to get this person.. ildfvfvlhbv(??) the lioness she's called..

She's a real battleaxe this woman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was wandering around Skyrim as ye do when i stumbled apon a camp of bandits that had wolves locked in cages. So i go down clear out the place and check one of the wolfs cages to find its a Master lock :( So i couldnt let the poor guy die starving in the cage. So i proceed to attack him with my sword only to have my final hit be a finishing type move which...TELEPORTED ME INSIDE THE FECKING CAGE!:mad: My heart dropped. Used up about 70 Lockpicks before i finally managed to release myself. Lucky i had to many since i didnt save the game in ages

I take most opportunities to backstab people without witnesses. It reveals a lot of the essential characters well before they feature in the plot unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Where are people finding all the ingots required for blacksmithing? I've been playing for about 17 hours, level 15, haven't been to any other town yet apart from whiterun. Doing all the caves and mines around that area of the map, not really finding the resources for crafting. Have lots of leather, but no metals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What's the penalty for slaying that Talos worshiper in Whiterun he is pissing me off spouting his nonsense!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Branoic wrote: »
    Where are people finding all the ingots required for blacksmithing? I've been playing for about 17 hours, level 15, haven't been to any other town yet apart from whiterun. Doing all the caves and mines around that area of the map, not really finding the resources for crafting. Have lots of leather, but no metals.

I have found ingots in a few dungeons but one way is to mine it yourself in mines or other caves once you have a pickaxe. You'll see an option to mine it appear if the rock is mine-able and they do stand out too. When you mine you get ore and the blacksmith smelter thingy will convert that to ingots.

There are mines. You need to use a pickaxe to get ore and then a smelter to make ingots or refined versions.
    I haven't bothered - just bought metals I need from shops. Making leather armour from random kills seems more than sufficient to keep the skill in line with your level. However I'm only making light armour - it might not be practical to do this if you are making heavy armour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was wandering around Skyrim as ye do when i stumbled apon a camp of bandits that had wolves locked in cages. So i go down clear out the place and check one of the wolfs cages to find its a Master lock :( So i couldnt let the poor guy die starving in the cage. So i proceed to attack him with my sword only to have my final hit be a finishing type move which...TELEPORTED ME INSIDE THE FECKING CAGE!:mad: My heart dropped. Used up about 70 Lockpicks before i finally managed to release myself. Lucky i had to many since i didnt save the game in ages

haha thats classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i have become a vampire, don't see what the advantages are really, i can't go in daylight, i can't go to towns now as everyone fears me and hates me, i get attacked everywhere i go. have to go find the cure now

Kadongy wrote: »
    There are mines. You need to use a pickaxe to get ore and then a smelter to make ingots or refined versions.
    I haven't bothered - just bought metals I need from shops. Making leather armour from random kills seems more than sufficient to keep the skill in line with your level. However I'm only making light armour - it might not be practical to do this if you are making heavy armour.

mines? I love how much stuff there is to do in this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in oblivion you got a serious carry weight boost , but since you have followers in skyrim it's like..what's the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Quick question, anybody know where I could get the use of an enchanting table?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

DarkJager wrote: »

Dragonsreach, Whiterun

theres one in Riverwood in the inn, I think you have to talk to Delphine first as I got into the room as part of a quest. the college in Winterhold has once and Dragonsreach has as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    theres one in Riverwood in the inn, I think you have to talk to Delphine first as I got into the room as part of a quest. the college in Winterhold has once and Dragonsreach has as well.

I thought that was for making potions?no?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

As well as mines ive also found them from just wandering around mountains thought it was really cool that they were just in the side of mountains didn't expect it.I tend to buy a nice bit of ingots too as there pretty cheap and you get about half your cash back form selling the stuff back.
    I thought that was for making potions?no?

There's one there for enchanting too if you go further in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where do you get leather from, i have loads of leather strips but only 4 leather?
    I've been using Faendal as my companion since the start, are there any advantages in the different companions as he's mainly an archer?
    are horses any different as Sir Prancelot is grand but I wouldn't mind some more speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Skerries wrote: »
    where do you get leather from, i have loads of leather strips but only 4 leather?
    I've been using Faendal as my companion since the start, are there any advantages in the different companions as he's mainly an archer?
    are horses any different as Sir Prancelot is grand but I wouldn't mind some more speed?

Convert hides to leather at the tanning racks.You can make leather strips from it as well, and they are used for a lot of armors. The companions are quite different, i had Lydia for a while who was a brawler, but have marcurio now and he's a beast. Has guys dead from shock spells before I can get near them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just got my smiting to 100, dragon armour looks awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

If you do a few missions in Riften you become a thane there and have the option of buying a house and can purchase an enchantment table for it for 1000 gold I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Burgo wrote: »
    If you do a few missions in Riften you become a thane there and have the option of buying a house and can purchase an enchantment table for it for 1000 gold I think.

Thats an alchemy table:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Thats an alchemy table:(

No it has both. I have the Riften house fully decorated and it has an enchanting table. The Whiterun home only gets alchemy table

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

riften's a ****ing dive though

i dont care if there are more quests there i just hate that town

Advertisement