Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

A Night To Remember is a true gaming classic.

That quest will be one of my favourites for all time I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ive only started the DB quests, I was so happy being a warrior and now i wish i picked a rogue, as the armour is only light armour :(

Loving the game so much tho. I got the Morag Ball mace and its bloody handy weapon.

Mehrunes Razor has a chance to Insta-kill and it has unlimited charges. If your one handed weapon skill is high enough and you improve the Razor even more from smithing it's absolutely brilliant. Taking down giants head on with it is a sight to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mehrunes Razor has a chance to Insta-kill and it has unlimited charges. If your one handed weapon skill is high enough and you improve the Razor even more from smithing it's absolutely brilliant. Taking down giants head on with it is a sight to see :D

Where do you start the quest to get the Razor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Museum in Dawnstar, you need to be lvl 20+

Quest is called pieces of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

some courier pops up out of no where and hands you an invitation to a museum. the curator gives you the quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cheers lads, I have that mission in my misc list already, never got around to it.

IIRC you get the quest by
    going to the Mythic Dawn Museum in Dawnstar. You will get a quest to collect all the pieces and then you will go to the Shrine of Mehrune Dagon to put it together again

Edit: Ah beaten to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

justryan wrote: »
    I just got married is there anything you can't do in Skyrim?

Damn vampires... after my oblivion experience with vampires I'm curing myself straight away!! feck that!! vampirism sucks!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Best mod ever...

xlarge_b12bacc55d7eb57bf71ae3c009dcfa6b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

what's the level cap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sifnir Ironkettle (whoever he is) put a contract on me for stealing from him. He might as well have sent his mother and 2 ladyboys after me for all the good his goons did. Anybody know where this guy is hiding or who he is? I'd like to make a personal visit to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

DarkJager wrote: »
    Sifnir Ironkettle (whoever he is) put a contract on me for stealing from him. He might as well have sent his mother and 2 ladyboys after me for all the good his goons did. Anybody know where this guy is hiding or who he is? I'd like to make a personal visit to him :D
    Same happened me but it was Ogmund in marthal came after me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Kersmash wrote: »
    what's the level cap?

AFAIK the level cap is 70 but you can still improve your skills only at a slower rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Anyone know the significance of the Azuras Star? I picked it up in a quest a while back and it's just been lying in my inventory ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭GowlBag

Azura's star is a soul gem that never wears out. It can capture a grand soul but when you use that soul the star just empties out so you can cap the next one.

Anyone know the significance of the Azuras Star? I picked it up in a quest a while back and it's just been lying in my inventory ever since.

AFAIK it allows infinite capturing of souls from Creature/Monsters (but not people). So you can capture a soul, use it in enchanting but it won't destory the Azura's star, hence allowing you to use it infinite times. But capturing Monsters/Creature is the only drawback. If you did the quest differently, I think you get a 'Black Star' instead, which allows the capturing of Human souls (but not Creatures/Monsters)

AFAIK its an infinite Soul gem. not 100% sure of how to use it but i imagine you can fill it continously and then user it constantly without it disappearing from your inventory.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

My favourite sidequest so far is definitely the College of Winterhold storyline. It's awesome :D

I'm also doing the Dark Brotherhood quests, which are a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I thought it was 50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

How do you move off novice destruction spells? Is there any way to speed up the process? I'm about a level 20 and somewhere between 35-40 on Destruction. Mainly using archery and one-handed, but find the flames handier than a shield sometimes.

All this talk of taking on giants, I think I'm going to have to walk up to one just to get myself clobbered :D - have avoided them thus far.

Have got into the habit of going home to Whiterun, putting on a fine hat, fine clothes and fine boots and sitting in front of the fire before saving and logging off :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

How do you move off novice destruction spells? Is there any way to speed up the process? I'm about a level 20 and somewhere between 35-40 on Destruction. Mainly using archery and one-handed, but find the flames handier than a shield sometimes.

All this talk of taking on giants, I think I'm going to have to walk up to one just to get myself clobbered :D - have avoided them thus far.

Have got into the habit of going home to Whiterun, putting on a fine hat, fine clothes and fine boots and sitting in front of the fire before saving and logging off :pac:.
    Buy them of the high elf in Winterhold college

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Skyrim looks awesome without textures :P

Speaking of Spells. How do I get more advanced spells? Iv noticed that after a while sometimes the vendors who sell them get better ones in but iv been using the same novice/apprentice spells for about 20 levels! (I'm level 40 now and have skills in Conjuration,Destruction and Restoration at about 60)

Basically my Magic is starting to become obsolete for me to use now, even though I have (from what I can see) are the current up to date spells that vendors are currently selling (which I obtained ages ago)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You need to find a master of the given field (i.e Destruction is some chick at Winterhold) and they'll sell you the advanced books.

Speaking of Spells. How do I get more advanced spells? Iv noticed that after a while sometimes the vendors who sell them get better ones in but iv been using the same novice/apprentice spells for about 20 levels! (I'm level 40 now and have skills in Conjuration,Destruction and Restoration at about 60)

Basically my Magic is starting to become obsolete for me to use now, even though I have (from what I can see) are the current up to date spells that vendors are currently selling (which I obtained ages ago)
    Kiith wrote: »
    You need to find a master of the given field (i.e Destruction is some chick at Winterhold) and they'll sell you the advanced books.

On that note is there advanced levels of spells. for instance at the start you might learn flames. this is a novice spell. can you go out and buy a book containing the Advanced version of Flames?

If so does this over write the novice version you have learned? or do you end up with 2 Flames spells?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Basically, you can get new spells at levels 25 (Apprentice), 50 (Adept), 75 (Expert) and 100 (Master). Bear in mind that as above, you can only get the highest level stuff from the master trainer for that spell school. In most cases, it's the person in Winterhold College you'll get them from.
    On that note is there advanced levels of spells. for instance at the start you might learn flames. this is a novice spell. can you go out and buy a book containing the Advanced version of Flames?

If so does this over write the novice version you have learned? or do you end up with 2 Flames spells?
    There is no advanced version of flames, the Novice one is pretty much it. There are higher level fire spells with different names/effects though.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Firebolt is next up from Flames along with Fire Rune...Rune spells are epic i think,seem to level up much faster from them.

Fireball is next up on the fire side and finally Wall Of Flames

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Firebolt is next up from Flames along with Fire Rune...Rune spells are epic i think,seem to level up much faster from them.

Fireball is next up on the fire side and finally Wall Of Flames

aint seen the wall of flames available anywhere myself yet! dying to get my hands on it!!

Love the flame spell! and the ice whirlwind one is pretty deadly aswel!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

AFAIK its an infinite Soul gem. not 100% sure of how to use it but i imagine you can fill it continously and then user it constantly without it disappearing from your inventory.

Yes, it is the same as that in Oblivion.
    It is used to refill magical items.

Say you have an enchanted sword that does 30 fire damage, after time it wears out its magic, and needs to be refilled with a soul gem.
    They are scattered around, but usually lesser or petty soul gems.
    Azuras is a grand , and can be re-used again and again.

Advertisement