Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I use Dual Firebolt for the most part. That, along with Impact, will keep a Dragon stunned for pretty much as long as your mana lasts. Impact is pretty overpowered tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Wow I just cut somebody's throat by sneaking up on them epic!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

justryan wrote: »
    How did you manage that? Is it a special perk in the stealth tree?

If you do a power attack from behind while hidden, it will occasionally give you an execute animation. Looks pretty cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kiith wrote: »
    If you do a power attack from behind while hidden, it will occasionally give you an execute animation. Looks pretty cool.
    *polite cough*
    "Power Attacks"?

(I've been a die-hard archer since day 1, indulge me) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Really enjoying this game. Tend to switch between using magic and stealthily killing people with a bow, it's a lot better than Oblivion where I pretty much bashed people to death with swords the whole time.

pixelburp wrote: »
    *polite cough*
    "Power Attacks"?

(I've been a die-hard archer since day 1, indulge me) :D

Hold down the attack button while shout Power Extreme! :pac:

Post number 4000! Seems like the Skyrims the limit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yes, it is the same as that in Oblivion.
    It is used to refill magical items.

It can also be used to make items. I don't get why people struggle with Azura's Star. It functions exactly like any other grand soul gem except instead of being destroyed when used it just empties and can be used again.

Also, to clarify for people asking about spells: The spells that merchants sell are dictated by your level of skill in that school. It is stupid and counter intuitive but there you go. If spells aren't available then practice with that school more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    I use Dual Firebolt for the most part. That, along with Impact, will keep a Dragon stunned for pretty much as long as your mana lasts. Impact is pretty overpowered tbh.
    Paralyse is up there too as being OP. It also goes well with Wall of Flames too, just drop it right beneath whomever you've Paralysed and watch their health tick down.

Any time I'm feeling sadistic, I'll chain paralyse my companion, simply because it's fun to watch them turn as stiff as a board and go tumbling down hills.

• Advertisement

If your looking for Iron Ore there is plenty at the Halted Stream Camp just north of Whiterun remember to being your pickaxe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

justryan wrote: »

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Right, can someone tell me what I'm to do with all the stuff that I get once I slay a dragon. i.e the scales etc. I only recently found out that I had to unlock the shouts manually with the dragon souls that I had gotten.

I assume that the scales etc can be made into armour??? where do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Right, can someone tell me what I'm to do with all the stuff that I get once I slay a dragon. i.e the scales etc. I only recently found out that I had to unlock the shouts manually with the dragon souls that I had gotten.

You need 100 Smithing and the relevant perk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That Mage mercenary in Riften is class, definately worth investing 500 gold coins in. He's saved my ass more than once in the dungeons, especially the Nord dungeon in the eastern mountains which has the mad necromancer widow who brought the bodies of her husband and his lover back to life. I got a nice looking but fairly weak Ghost Sword for my efforts in that dungeon:(

Blowfish wrote: »
    You need 100 Smithing and the relevant perk.
    Oh right. I can store them somewhere in the meantime then? Suggestions. Should I buy a house an put them in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

RAIN wrote: »
    I spent 25 mins on one of these last night, only to then spend another 20 on a
    Dragon Priest
    straight after that! Bastards.

Spent an hour trying to get past two of the f*ckers last night, finally made it through by luring them back to a section of the dungeon I could seal off then blasted them with piss fireballs.
    RAIN wrote: »
    On my way to the Mage college for the first time, the landscape on the way there is gorgeous, its like Frozen Planet on BBC1!

Was doing the same, looks awesome. Being molested by snow bears every time I turn around, not so awesome.

Anyone know if there's a short range teleportation spell? I was fighting someone last night that could jump around the room at random and it seemed like he was casting a spell.

The Gnome wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a short range teleportation spell? I was fighting someone last night that could jump around the room at random and it seemed like he was casting a spell.
    You could always use your Whirlwind dragonshout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Oh right. I can store them somewhere in the meantime then? Suggestions. Should I buy a house an put them in there?

Buy a house and store them there, nowhere else is safe really

You need to develop your Smithing skill buy Iron Ignots from the vendor in Whiterun(the shop beside the smelter), any leather you find make into leather strips then craft as many Iron Daggers as you can this will boost your smithing skill really fast. Repeat over and over until your Smithing skill is maxed out, ransack mines for Iron Ore or wait 48 hours in Whiterun and the vendor will have replenished his stock. The dragon bones or scales are used to create Dragon Armor but it must be unlocked in your skill tree.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think if you join the mages guild, you get a chest in your room there where you can store stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i think if you join the mages guild, you get a chest in your room there where you can store stuff

or ye could just buy a gaff in whiterun for 5000 :) the other cities cost more to set up a house.

One of my highlights of this game, decapitating your foe and watching his head roll muhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

How many dragon scales do you need to make a full set of dragon scale armour ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Fecking
    Spriggan
    and his mutt.. Just had to leave them to it till i go up a few more levels. Bxstards the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Anyone suffering from poor performance on a pc try out this mod: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=123

My mate stumbled across it so I said I'd give it a go. Used to have to run it on low and still it was choppy as ****, now I run it on medium no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I just successfully pickpocketted a Briar Heart, from a forsworn briarheart.. instantly killing him! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I just successfully pickpocketted a Briar Heart, from a forsworn briarheart.. instantly killing him! lol

Pickbodying > pickpocketing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

steam just finished downloading an update for skyrim it seems :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

id like a mod that removes the murkiness when you're underwater

i've found a few locations where the game bugs out and all you see around you is crystal clear water, so you can see for miles underwater.. it looks amazing

Advertisement