Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Do you have to put many perks into enchantment to make decent items??

I put a few in the 1st one to make enchantments 60% stronger I think but I never seem to be able to make amazing items..

IF I get to 100 enchantment I'm assuming your enchantments are more powerful regardless of skills points invested..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone using any mods? Is there a mod manager out? I can't find it on skyrim nexus at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That Mage mercenary in Riften is class, definately worth investing 500 gold coins in. He's saved my ass more than once in the dungeons, especially the Nord dungeon in the eastern mountains which has the mad necromancer widow who brought the bodies of her husband and his lover back to life. I got a nice looking but fairly weak Ghost Sword for my efforts in that dungeon:(

I think you're getting that quest a little backwards, also the problem with those mercenaries is that when the story gets rid of them to swap in another person you need to re-hire them for 500 again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any reason i shouldnt become a werewolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fleas are a b***h :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

If you become a werewolf through
    The Companions the only disadvantage is that you won't get the "well rested" perk anymore. A minor thing IMO. You also control when you want to take the beast form. No full moon malarky
    Werewolves rock!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no idea what well rested is! Sounds like some sleep thing but there is no need to sleep in this game?

how about vampires, any reason to be/not be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

or ye could just buy a gaff in whiterun for 5000 :) the other cities cost more to set up a house.

You also can store them in the shack via the Dark Brotherhood, or in their sanctuary.
    I think you also get
    a deed to a house via the Thieves guild

no idea what well rested is! Sounds like some sleep thing but there is no need to sleep in this game?

Well rested , you get a rested a bonus for getting a good nights sleep. You get a well rested bonus for sleeping in a bed you own.

They increase the amount of exp you get for a few hours I think

My fave stuff so far is

-Daedric armor, (looks like Sauron)
    -Thalmor Robes (cool looking Black elven stuff...you see it in the loading screen)
    -Nightingale Armor (like an armored ninja superhero)

:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For anyone doing some of the missons in markart, is it just me or
    are you goin to end up killing most usefull people in the town, just did the mission with the cannibal dinner and half the place was cannibals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You also can store them in the shack via the Dark Brotherhood, or in their sanctuary.
    I think you also get
    a deed to a house via the Thieves guild
    Will I be able to do any of the Dark Brotherhood quests. The reason why I'm asking this is that in my stats it says that I've completed a mission for them. Cant remember which one it was but sometime later I met an assassin on the road, killed him and had a note on him from the Dark Brotherhood saying that i needed to be killed.

Will I be able to do any of the Dark Brotherhood quests. The reason why I'm asking this is that in my stats it says that I've completed a mission for them. Cant remember which one it was but sometime later I met an assassin on the road, killed him and had a note on him from the Dark Brotherhood saying that i needed to be killed.

Wahahaha, I dunno, if you've killed anyone lately, try going asleep and see if they visit you. I'd check my journal to see which mission you supposedly completed for them.
    Otherwise I guess your best bet is to find out where the Sanctuary is and massacre them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Apparently the best way to get into the Dark Brotherhood storyline is to help that weird kid in Windhelm (the one summoning demons) then go asleep :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Vampires, just like Oblivion, are cool for the first while and then get old really, really fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope someone here can help me,for reason skyrim wont start for me,when I click on play the game wont load,is this happening to anyone else?

My fave stuff so far is

-Daedric armor, (looks like Sauron)
    -Thalmor Robes (cool looking Black elven stuff...you see it in the loading screen)
    -Nightingale Armor (like an armored ninja superhero)

:):)

I confused this thread with the amazon deals thread in another tab. Man I was gonna get that Daedric armor too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I just decapitated my newly married wife when 3 hired thugs jumped us on the way back from the ceremony. She walked in front of me while I was powering up the killer blow for the last bandit, head came straight off :(

This group were sent again by this sifnar ironkettle guy, the 2nd contract he puts out on me for stealing from him after I killed his first goons. Extremely unfortunate for mr ironkettle is the fact I now know where he's hiding. Can't wait to meet him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the first time I go into a dungeon without lydia, to experience skyrim without a companion, it's the biggest longest most awkward ****ing dungeon i've done yet in my 100+ hours of play
    so much **** i can't carry just left scattered all over the floor

I have found you soon get to the point where you no longer need to carry or be picking up all the random junk or expensive swords.

When you craft high-end armor and own a house, then you just accumlate money over time by missions, there is no need to be collecting everything :P ....I got annoyed when I'd find myself spending ages trying to juggle my invetory for 2 weight slots....eating all my vegetables or throwin away books I thought may be interesting to read later :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, i've not played alot of this game yet, but i have Lydia and have done a couple of main missions. I have about 2k gold, and the house in Whitesomething is 5k. I need a fricken house to store stuff as i can't carry any more and Lydia is full too. Is there a cheaper house somewhere that i can use for the time-being?

Also just found out i was bit by a vampire, so back to Talos to undo!

Yeah, as above use the dark brotherhood shack if you can, else 1 of the guilds.

Best way to get money quick is via Dragon Scales/Bones. 2 Dragons will get you the 3k needed for your shiny house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Best way to get money quick is via Dragon Scales/Bones. 2 Dragons will get you the 3k needed for your shiny house :)

Don't think i'm ready for Dragons yet, i got owned by a Bandit Thug with a greatsword 5 times. As usual i'm aiming for the tank build, but i'm a bit crap at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

That guy in Whiterun, Nazeem with his "do you get to the cloud district often hmph i guess not" every time I pass him he says this... not anymore today i went in my house and he came in with me... I stabbed him in the back and tossed him in my fire pit :pac:
    F**K YOU NAZEEM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Has anybody actually
    joined the Stormcloaks yets
    ?

I'm growing sick of this sitting on the fence mullarkey but I don't want my decision to have a bad effect on me travelling to certain cities either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Just snuck up on three forsworn and drank a potion of invisibility, two had their throats slit, the other was beheaded Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Has anybody actually
    joined the Stormcloaks yets
    ?

I'm growing sick of this sitting on the fence mullarkey but I don't want my decision to have a bad effect on me travelling to certain cities either..
    Which ever side you choose wins so you will have the run of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Anyone else come across problems with opening hours in Windhelm? All the shops and house appear to be permanently locked! I've waited around at various times of the day but they never seem to open! Very annoying when I have quests that require I go talk to shopkeepers etc! Is it a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I hope someone here can help me,for reason skyrim wont start for me,when I click on play the game wont load,is this happening to anyone else?
    If you've gotten some mods installed then it's probably due to that. They released a patch today (think it's minor) but it seems to be messing with some mods that mess with the .exe.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2244540

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Which ever side you choose wins so you will have the run of the country.
    I've heard there are members of the other side left around once that storyline is completed. Are they automatically hostile if you come across them?

Advertisement