Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zillah wrote: »
    I sacrificed Onmund to Boethiah.

Anyway, the more I play this game the more it feels like Oblivion, and the level scaling is a bit better but still pretty damn stupid. A small group of bandits in fur and leather should not be a bigger threat than a dragon, and they certainly shouldn't be drastically tougher and more powerful than foes I've run into with glass/elven/ebony equipment. Bandits that were mildly troubling from levels 1-10 are now far more dangerous at level 36. What ever put it into Bethesda's heads that level scaling was a good idea I don't know.

I thought they took level scaling out of it no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hahahaha...

No. No they did not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zillah wrote: »
    Hahahaha...

No. No they did not.

or that they at least made it similar to fallout 3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bandits in area's you don't visit till lvl30 will be much tougher than bandits you met at lvl10. It's kind of the only way to keep it challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

the enemy does level up with you but I agree with the sentiment that it is a bit silly that some dragons are easier to kill than some snow bears or fur wearing bandits that you some up against..

dragons aint that difficult yet every time they appear you get soo excited!! would be more fun if you literally had to fight for your life against dragons everytime..

you'd either fight a classic amazing fight or run away to try survive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I'm finding most enemies ok,definietly due to having the perk for destruction magic that staggers enemies you cast overcharged spells on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ì am disappointed that dragons are not REALLY hard to kill. the hardest thing in teh game etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

hypermuse wrote: »
    the enemy does level up with you but I agree with the sentiment that it is a bit silly that some dragons are easier to kill than some snow bears or fur wearing bandits that you some up against..

dragons aint that difficult yet every time they appear you get soo excited!! would be more fun if you literally had to fight for your life against dragons everytime..

you'd either fight a classic amazing fight or run away to try survive!!

Keep playing, ancient dragons are the hardest thing in the game. I used to hunt dragons for the materials when they were blood dragons, elder dragons etc.

Now i am level 47 and when a dragon appears now i run like a frightened girl if i am not near cover. An ancient dragon will ruin your day and your in for one hell of a good long fight.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    I'm finding most enemies ok,definietly due to having the perk for destruction magic that staggers enemies you cast overcharged spells on.

Same here.. Its great for keeping multiple enemies at a distance!! A little overpowered at times but essential when you aint got any armor, just robes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

theres bound to be a good difficulty mod in development, make dragons much tougher etc.

mods will be great for this game :D

• Advertisement

When will we see bethesda release the mod creation kit?

I would love to see bethesda learn from PC modes and make them for the console as DLC.. I'd happily pay for some amazing mods!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

When will we see bethesda release the mod creation kit?

if they want to money grub probably after the first load of dlc, i dont think they want to annoy the mod community though, i mean its pretty much where they get all their ideas from :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think it is important for a game to keep things challenging, there's no long term fun in casually swatting aside all of your enemies. Bethesda's solution, however, is to scale basic enemies to your power level, which basically removes the sense of progression. A smarter way to handle it would be to introduce new varieties of enemy that can justify their power level so it doesn't spoil your sense of your character's development. If a legion of warrior liches arrives and presents a huge challenge to your level 40 character then cool. The hungry bandits in fur armor should never be able to challenge that character, and should be trivially easy to defeat.

I just roll my eyes and call the game stupid when I get overwhelmed by near-indestructible half-naked bandits after I have been hailed a national hero for defeating a (supposedly mighty and terrible) dragon when I was half as powerful as I am now.

Basically Bethesda don't bother trying to make things work intelligently, they just make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

original.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hate during the week I can't play this. Bought it for my pc but can't bring that up to college, really feel like playing it now. Ah well, just means next weekend I won't be leaving my room :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

epic cabbage image

That will take a while to clear up...

Damn this game rocks!

megalolz :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Hate during the week I can't play this. Bought it for my pc but can't bring that up to college, really feel like playing it now. Ah well, just means next weekend I won't be leaving my room :P
    +1 :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuV86MQ3OIw&feature=related

12 minute long Ancient Dragon fight even with the help of 70 Imperial soldiers. Who says dragons aren't hard enough? :P

Now try fighting one of those on your own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Gaunty wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuV86MQ3OIw&feature=related

12 minute long Ancient Dragon fight even with the help of 70 Imperial soldiers. Who says dragons aren't hard enough? :P

Now try fighting one of those on your own!

Looks like a mod, or some sort of console command/tweak.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads I finally got the dragon armor going. Looks absolute class but iv an arrow stuck in my neck that just wont go away

wtf is up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Cabbage Pic

Thanks for the new wallpaper.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That looks class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    lads I finally got the dragon armor going. Looks absolute class but iv an arrow stuck in my neck that just wont go away

wtf is up :(

lol I found out that I have to go under the knife and get a sexchange to get rid of it

Worked like a charm :D

titan18 wrote: »
    Looks like a mod, or some sort of console command/tweak.

The amount of imperial soldiers is a console command yes. The ancient dragons power isn't too far off what i have experienced myself in two attacks by them. That poor orc fort that protects the ebony mine was completely wiped out when one attacked me there. Bodies everywhere and it took me 5 minutes and a lot of health potions to kill it. Normally even elder dragons don't bother me too much. Ancient dragons are on a different level...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I joined a big well known group of werewolves, became boss of the werewolves as a werewolf.

Got a quest at some point to help a werewolf who had pissed off the god of werewolves, decided to side with the werewolf rather than the god and transformed to fight along side him.

Now my companion who is a werewolf and part of the group of werewolves that i rule for some reason is surprised by my transformation and tries to kill me, while other companions i've had being of the none werewolf variety were perfectly fine with me growing a tail.

Edit: turns out he's fine with this werewolf who pissed off a god but it's just me as a werewolf that makes him a little murdery.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

what can only be described as my immediate reaction to the first frost troll I encountered! Just replace the weaponry with fire blazing from my fingertips in a desperate attempt to slow the beasts advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I get 2-3 hours on a weekday evening and it's just not long enough for me. Joined the legions yesterday and am now tackling the associated missions.
    3 hours just isn't enough. I hate having to fast travel cos i know i'm missing out on epicness :mad:

On a side note, does anyone have Eric the slayer as a companion? Did a mini side mission for him and ever since he's been my trusty sidekick. I've gone through four companions and he's been the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Have to say I haven't had any problems with bandits and Oblivion-esque levelling so far and I'm reasonably far into it at level 25. What usually happens is there'll be some fur wearing cannon fodder backed up by a "bandit chief" or some such. The chief can sometimes be very tough but those that are usually wear plate steel armour and carry a magic weapon so I'm fine with that.

The dragons are disappointingly easy though.

Advertisement