Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

how the f**k do you level up light armor when no-one ever sees you or touches you :confused:

With some fine monies

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Kiith wrote: »
    1. Best place to get souls is to cast Soul Trap on an enemy. When they die, you get their soul.

2. Dragon Bone/Scales are used to create Dragon armour. You'll get a ton of it though, so selling the early stuff is a good way of getting some early gold.

3. Go to blacksmiths to sell weapons/armour, bars to sell food/drink etc...generally if you can buy something there, you can sell it.

Thanks bro. Whats soul trap though? Is that a spell that i can learn? if so where do i learn it from?

Thanks again for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

jmx009 wrote: »
    Thanks bro. Whats soul trap though? Is that a spell that i can learn? if so where do i learn it from?

Soul Trap is a spell you can learn that when cast on an enemy traps their soul for enchanting. its used for recharging the magic items you might have like a fireball staff or something.

AFAIK you have to learn it from a book. dont know if its random though or is there a specific person you buy it off once you hit a certain level or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Spoiler: http://rapidshare.com/files/1331527841/Skyrim_Prima_Guide_PDFs.rar

havent used it myself just if u need it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If that's the official guide, I'd remove it if i were you. Pretty sure it's against the rules.

As for Soul Trap, you can get it off any Conjuration trainer i think. It's a Novice level spell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

jmx009 wrote: »

Souls trap is a spell and also a possible weapon enchantment.
    Basically, if an enemy dies within 60 seconds of you casting the spell, it's souls gets trapped into one of your souls gems. This 'filled' souls gem can then in turn be used to power enchanted items. The soul trap'd enchanted weapons usually allow you to trap a soul if you kill it with the final blow of the enchanted weapon.
    When you power an enchanted item with a filled souls gem then it's used and gone forever, except the soul gem
    called Azura's star.
    I'm almost certain it's in this game,
    which is a souls gem the only empties when used, and can be refilled with new souls.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've just started the Dark Brotherhood quests.

How?!
    I have done everything to get in contact with them.
    Can't find that kid in Windhelm.
    Can't find Maul in Riften.
    Killed the nasty owner of the orphanage.
    So far, nothing. :(

If that's the official guide, I'd remove it if i were you. Pretty sure it's against the rules.

As for Soul Trap, you can get it off any Conjuration trainer i think. It's a Novice level spell.

if your a mod remove it i cant, my intention with that i thaught this thread is not to be a tips one more a discusssion one, i would encourage a New thread to be started if thats the case as im still discovering things myself and feel its a bit naff to be givin tips etc out cept for basic ones... i havent even gotten on to enchanting meself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Beruthiel wrote: »
    How?!

Hush my child... Take a nice long sleep in your bed ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hush my child... Take a nice long sleep in your bed ;)

I've slept at least 3 times since!

• Advertisement

padz wrote: »
    if your a mod remove it i cant, my intention with that i thaught this thread is not to be a tips one more a discusssion one, i would encourage a New thread to be started if thats the case as im still discovering things myself and feel its a bit naff to be givin tips etc out cept for basic ones... i havent even gotten on to enchanting meself
    You can go up and edit your post to remove the link. Or you can completely delete you post by clicking the edit button, then once the text box opens up clicking on go advanced editing and then select delete post.

How?!

Hmm, if you killed the owner of the Orphanage before talking to the kid, i'm not sure how that will work. But below is a video on how to find the kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGa1F8Jr_w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Oh no... that's not good :(

My 'Blood on the Ice' quest is broken... One of the main factions being broken is exponentially worse!!

Also, did a great quest line last night. Met my old friend
    Sheogorath
    , who had me do some interesting things with a brilliant weapon called the
    Wabbajack
    . Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

Sheogorath
    wabbajack
    Great fun.

mentioning the
    wabbajack
    will be enough info to spoil for most..

it is great fun though. such a pleasant surprise :P

ok all im away from this thread for a bit ill check back in with yis in a wk or so, things are goin way too fast for me here im still on first impressions eventhough ive 50hrs put into the game, if i get any news on DLC ill post it up just dont wanna read too many spoilers or hints etc ye know urselves, hope everyone on ps is doin well and lag free as am i ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Where can I get meself some elven arrows? Are they any use? Is there any option to make arrows anywhere? I've got dwarven ones, which are my best just now, want to see if I can get better!

Ebony or Deadric arrows are the bestest.

But I get all my arrows from the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.

Glass arrows all the way, but keep some Ebony & Deadric ones for really tough enemies.

I make my own bow's too, currently have a glass fire damage bow and a glass fire damage dagger, that's all i use.

Haven't found any weapons better than the ones I can make myself yet.

Rocking an Ebony bow myself. Pretty damn good, but i've yet to enchant it. I've yet to enchant anything actually. Should probably stick some on my Shrouded set.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My God this is slightly epic :pac: When I got out of the cave at the start, yer man says we should split up and ran off so I went a different way. I found Riverwood but remember reading about coming across statues at the start for a blessing so I backtracked but no statues. I did a quick lookup and saw I should have stayed with him until I came to the sign post. Hope I don't miss too much, I have a tend to walk straight past important things.

Bit overwhelmed with all the names being thrown at me about the war and sides but loving the world. Can't wait to lash into it some more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Are you playing on PC by any chance and Innnocence lost is still in your active quest list?

If so then presuming the quest id and quest stage numbers on the wiki here are correct, then open the console command line and type.

setstage DB01 200.

And if nothing happens after you next sleep
    then this should kick the next part

setstage DB02 0

Since you have already killed her its not even cheating :p

• Advertisement

Rocking an Ebony bow myself. Pretty damn good, but i've yet to enchant it. I've yet to enchant anything actually. Should probably stick some on my Shrouded set.

Hmmm, see I specialized on the Light Armour side of the smithing tree, I could get an Ebony Bow somewhere, but it wouldn't be as good as my Legendary Glass one!

Dammit, I might have to sink more perk points into Smithing now.

I am spread too thinly already on the skill trees.
    Archery, Stealth, Smithing, Speak have the most, and I have a few others scattered around the place, nothing in One Handed, Two Handed or either Armours, and I'm level 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Stealing this from YLYL

rage-comics-skyrim-is-awesome.png

Ever wanted to see 40 Stormcloaks take on 2 Druagr Overloards? Or how about 4 Giants vs. a Dwarven Centurion Master? Then look no further!

There's an entire series of these battles. Some are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sheogorath
    Wabbajack
    . Great fun.

Doesn't that mean ... you're working for
    the player-character from Oblivion? Since he\she took over from Sheogorath in the Shivering Isles
    expansion?

Or did they bother with that at all...

Speaking of Daedra though, I really like the Boethiah quest starting task. Really nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Was doing one of the Dark Brotherhood Quests last night.
    The one where you have to kill the Emperor's cousin. I stuck an arrow in her booby and started to leg it, only to be collared by four guards. One of the guards spoke to me and told me I'd to pay a fine of 40 gold - after which I was scot free. I was kind of hoping for a row
    Have to say, I was mightily disappointed with that.:(

Then again, apart from Lydia walking up behind me and standing in doorways of rooms i enter so I can't get out, that's the only complaint I have had on this game.

Love it when you one-shot some lads and then just take the arrow back out for the next lad :D.

Then again, apart from Lydia walking up behind me and standing in doorways of rooms i enter so I can't get out, that's the only complaint I have had on this game.

Love it when you one-shot some lads and then just take the arrow back out for the next lad :D.
    It annoys me too, but all you need to do is walk further into the room so they follow you and free up the door for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Was doing one of the Dark Brotherhood Quests last night.
    The one where you have to kill the Emperor's cousin. I stuck an arrow in her booby and started to leg it, only to be collared by four guards. One of the guards spoke to me and told me I'd to pay a fine of 40 gold - after which I was scot free. I was kind of hoping for a row
    Have to say, I was mightily disappointed with that.:(

i did that and then ran away. people stopped chasing me after a few seconds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

SeantheMan wrote: »
    A GF who plays Skyrim ?!!!

2 things come to mind

1. She is awesome !
    2. No woman !!! It is my turn to play !! get Off !!! FUS-DO-RAH !!!

Actually quite fun to watch somebody play as they do it so differently...

still this is why I have 2 pcs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Slayed my first Blood Dragon and was at level 10 at the time :) Woohoo!

Have decided to start exploring and leave the main quests for a while as my Boyfriend just started playing, hasn't really done much of the main quests and is nearly at the same level as me haha!

Truly loving this game, it's so much better than Oblivion!

• Advertisement

i did that and then ran away. people stopped chasing me after a few seconds.

I got a 2400 bounty on my head for that.

They chased me for ages, I had to jump off a cliff to escape, and plummet down into the river below, and they were still firing arrows at me as I swam to freedom.

Ended up going to Jail for that crime a few days later, and escaped, as I was leaving the prison, I emerged in a courtyard full of gaurds, and they wanted the 2400 paid.

Silly me for thinking that if I went to prison and escaped then the 2400 would be written off. So I paid the damn fine.

Advertisement