Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Saaron wrote: »
    Slayed my first Blood Dragon and was at level 10 at the time :) Woohoo!

Have decided to start exploring and leave the main quests for a while as my Boyfriend just started playing, hasn't really done much of the main quests and is nearly at the same level as me haha!

Truly loving this game, it's so much better than Oblivion!

Is there any rationale to when and where the dragons appear? I just left a big city, and was poking around in the stables before travelling, when I hear the combat music pick up. 'Fair enough' I think 'Mudcrab or something for dinner'. I turn around, nothing there. Wander around for five minutes, then look up, and there's blood dragon overheard about to settle on the stables and blast me. Luckily the noble guards had their bows out, so he didn't last very long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I reached Markarth last night for the first time (large tracts of the world map remain unexplored) ... WOW. Love the architecture of that place, it really knocked me back. So intricate. A bit of a maze though all the same.

Then I found bethesda had gone and infused the area with steampunk contraptions & robots. So awesome :D

Though it did make me realise I never really twigged the lack of dwarves in the Elder Scrolls games. Every other fantasy trope is catered for - including said steampunk'ery - yet there's no sign of the dwarves (also called dwemer?) Does anyone know if it's a long-standing mystery in the mythology?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

marco_polo wrote: »
    Are you playing on PC by any chance and Innnocence lost is still in your active quest list?

No. Xbox 360. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Hey lads just wonderin' i levelled up my conjuration up to 75, but mages are still selling novice spells. Am i doing wrong here or what? :( I seriously want my bound bow!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

i levelled up quickly using the muffle glitch at the start of the game and forgot that as you level up the other characters in the game get harder to beat FML, i should have remembered that from oblivion...rookie mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

pixelburp wrote: »

Though it did make me realise I never really twigged the lack of dwarves in the Elder Scrolls games. Every other fantasy trope is catered for - including said steampunk'ery - yet there's no sign of the dwarves (also called dwemer?) Does anyone know if it's a long-standing mystery in the mythology?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Is there any rationale to when and where the dragons appear? I just left a big city, and was poking around in the stables before travelling, when I hear the combat music pick up. 'Fair enough' I think 'Mudcrab or something for dinner'. I turn around, nothing there. Wander around for five minutes, then look up, and there's blood dragon overheard about to settle on the stables and blast me. Luckily the noble guards had their bows out, so he didn't last very long.

I actually have no idea! :O I feel like there are set points or areas in the game the cause a dragon to attack if you walk into them but I really don't know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Saaron wrote: »
    I actually have no idea! :O I feel like there are set points or areas in the game the cause a dragon to attack if you walk into them but I really don't know.

There meant to appear randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

They appear randomly but their will always be one around those shout word locations and maybe a lich thing which still kick my ass and im like lvl 32 :( i just learn the shout and run away like a little girl.

The animal allegiance shout is awesomeeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Lone Stone wrote: »
    They appear randomly but their will always be one around those shout word locations and maybe a lich thing which still kick my ass and im like lvl 32 :( i just learn the shout and run away like a little girl.

That's funny I used the animal allegiance shout before and not one animal came to my aid :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

justryan wrote: »
    That's funny I used the animal allegiance shout before and not one animal came to my aid :(
    There needs to be an animal nearby afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

cursai wrote: »

How to ruin the game for your self tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiith wrote: »

There needs to be an animal nearby afaik.

haha thats awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I have an item stuck in my inventory i cant get rid of. cant remember exactly where i picked it up but i know it was used when i was in a dungeon. can anyone tell me if i need to give it to someone or what?

Item is
    Ivory Claw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone know how many locations there are in the game? Discovered 179 so far and curious how many more are left.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Beruthiel wrote: »
    No. Xbox 360. :(

Do you own a house? You have to own a house before the Dark Brotherhood visit you. They're kinda like my aunt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have an item stuck in my inventory i cant get rid of. cant remember exactly where i picked it up but i know it was used when i was in a dungeon. can anyone tell me if i need to give it to someone or what?

Item is
    Ivory Claw

same as me
    I can get rid of the sapphire claw once I finished that dungeon, but the ivory claw wont bugger off. im guessing it's needed for another dungeon? but it seems strange since the two dungeons i've found that needed claws had specific ones

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Silverfish wrote: »
    Do you own a house? You have to own a house before the Dark Brotherhood visit you. They're kinda like my aunt.

do they not just visit when and where you sleep?
    that's silly
    i dont want a silly house

same as me
    I can get rid of the sapphire claw once I finished that dungeon, but the ivory claw wont bugger off. im guessing it's needed for another dungeon? but it seems strange since the two dungeons i've found that needed claws had specific ones

Exactly, if a dungeon needs one it provides one. unless its relevant to a mission and you are given one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

bluewolf wrote: »
    do they not just visit when and where you sleep?
    that's silly
    i dont want a silly house

You don't need a house you just need to...
    Kill the woman in the orphanage and then sleep in a bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Exactly, if a dungeon needs one it provides one. unless its relevant to a mission and you are given one.
    I hadn't realised you can look at the claw in your inventory and rotate it around. It usually gives you the code for the door at the end on the palm of the claw. I found this out after my third dungeon that required a claw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Lone Stone wrote: »

I much prefer the calm animals shout.. Its great if your prancing about the country side and some bear just wants to wreck your day!! hush cuddly bear!

Item is
    Ivory Claw

Its coz you will need it at a later stage in the game.. If you pick up an item that is intrinsic a quest then you cant drop it..

I think (not 100% sure) it doesnt count towards your weight count either.. I picked up a warhammer as part of a quest and i'm pretty sure it didnt add anything to my encumbered value!

I hadn't realised you can look at the claw in your inventory and rotate it around. It usually gives you the code for the door at the end on the palm of the claw. I found this out after my third dungeon that required a claw.

took me about an hour trying to locate the correct code written on any wall or stone throughout a dungeon before i realised :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

lol! :D silly bobs is silly!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Ahh so it's on the claw. Beats my system of writing out possible combinations an crossing them off as they don't work.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :o:o
    Glad to have been of assistance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hypermuse wrote: »
    I much prefer the calm animals shout.. Its great if your prancing about the country side and some bear just wants to wreck your day!! hush cuddly bear!

Its coz you will need it at a later stage in the game.. If you pick up an item that is intrinsic a quest then you cant drop it..

I think (not 100% sure) it doesnt count towards your weight count either.. I picked up a warhammer as part of a quest and i'm pretty sure it didnt add anything to my encumbered value!

yeah quest items have no weight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've used 3 of those claws and never realised you could see the pattern on it. I've been using trial and error.

Wolf, wolf, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, eagle...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, whale...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, eagle...nope.

You get the idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finally caved in (bf3 patch forced me too) and started last night. Loving it, quickie the final stab you do in combat can i somehow do one hit kills with that? Or is it just a "nice" finishing move that happens sometimes?

WOuld be fairly awesome if i could sneak up on someone and kill em in one silent stab.

Advertisement