Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finally caved in (bf3 patch forced me too) and started last night. Loving it, quickie the final stab you do in combat can i somehow do one hit kills with that? Or is it just a "nice" finishing move that happens sometimes?

WOuld be fairly awesome if i could sneak up on someone and kill em in one silent stab.
    Not a
    You can once you improve your sneak attribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    I've used 3 of those claws and never realised you could see the pattern on it. I've been using trial and error.

Wolf, wolf, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, eagle...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, whale...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, eagle...nope.

You get the idea :pac:

Had to do that for that necromancer woman who was trying to resurrect her dead husband, turns out the code is part of a poem.

Worst part was that you need to set a code then pull a lever and if you're wrong you get poisoned.

Varik wrote: »
    Had to do that for that necromancer woman who was trying to resurrect her dead husband, turns out the code is part of a poem.

Worst part was that you need to set a code then pull a lever and if you're wrong you get poisoned.
    Back away very quickly or crouch when you hit the switch and you usually dodge the poison.

Back away very quickly or crouch when you hit the switch and you usually dodge the poison.

I've done it and was running away quickly but it just made it that bit more of a pain.

Do people remember when there was a code in a game (for a PC or door or whatnot) that you actually had to remember and it was not right in front of you.

Does anyone know where i can find a list of all the high elves in skyrim?

Also can i become high king?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

justryan wrote: »
    That's funny I used the animal allegiance shout before and not one animal came to my aid :(

Oh yea i did when i got it, but it only works when you shout on a animal, So for instance your a giant they have the woolly mammoths around you should on the mammoth and it will attack the giant for you. If you get them to chase you first you can hit more than one with it. It only last's for a 60 seconds or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Varik wrote: »

Actually the code is on ruins right under the turning stones ;) I just did that dungeon last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah cool so I wasn't the only one having troubles with that puzzle.

Question - was that cave a quest? I only ask because I found it purely by chance and decided to clear it out for the laugh. I got the woman's speeches & declarations, and fought her at the end allright, but never got any indication that I'd accidentally tripped an 'official' quest

I read a book and it started a quest to kill her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Can you still get perk points after you've reached level 70?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

heard the rumor about skyrim game code possibly including morrowind and cyrodil beyond the borders in future dlc!!!

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/skyrim-contains-hidden-morrowind-and-cyrodiil-environments-20111122/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

justryan wrote: »
    Can you still get perk points after you've reached level 70?
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    heard the rumor about skyrim game code possibly including morrowind and cyrodil beyond the borders in future dlc!!!

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/skyrim-contains-hidden-morrowind-and-cyrodiil-environments-20111122/

I imagine if you cant now they will raise the level cap when they release the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I have an item stuck in my inventory i cant get rid of. cant remember exactly where i picked it up but i know it was used when i was in a dungeon. can anyone tell me if i need to give it to someone or what?

Item is
    Ivory Claw

That claw is used in a dungeon called
    Saarthal, it's part of a normal sidequest that you have to visit 3 dungeons for. You need to collect the pieces of Gauldurs amulet. You should have a quest called Forbidden Legend in your journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

same as me
    I can get rid of the sapphire claw once I finished that dungeon, but the ivory claw wont bugger off. im guessing it's needed for another dungeon? but it seems strange since the two dungeons i've found that needed claws had specific ones

Check my reply above to Dirtybollox, solves that mystery for ya bud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Gaunty wrote: »
    That claw is used in a dungeon called
    Saarthal, it's part of a normal sidequest that you have to visit 3 dungeons for. You need to collect the pieces of Gauldurs amulet. You should have a quest called Forbidden Legend in your journal.

Fantastic. got the second one yesterday and will get the last one tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah
    i already found saarthal, but i need to get a key from someone in the mages guild I think and I just havent bothered yet

Fantastic. got the second one yesterday and will get the last one tonight.
    If you can't find a way into Saarthal, it's because it's related to a quest from the Mage's College. You'll need to head up there to Winterhold (I think, north-east from Saarthat and ask around up there.) Only then, once you've started that quest will you be able to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

How to ruin the game for your self tbh.

Just putting information out there. its the internet...not burning eclipse's version of it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

ah
    i already found saarthal, but i need to get a key from someone in the mages guild I think and I just havent bothered yet

Yeah, it's literally
    the first quest in the College of Winterhold quest line where you get access. If you don't want to do it then I think it can be pickpocketed off him.

The end of the
    Forbidden Legend
    quest is worth it for the epic battle alone plus the reward,
    unified Gaulders Amulet,
    is fairly decent, I'm still using it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Came home from a hard days work, just wanted to play Skyrim and find my gf (not really into games) wandering around White Run(sp) when I havn't even gotten that far. Not its a fight who gets to play it when! Epic game!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Came home from a hard days work, just wanted to play Skyrim and find my gf (not really into games) wandering around White Run(sp) when I havn't even gotten that far. Not its a fight who gets to play it when! Epic game!

Do what i did, buy the game again and hopefully you already have a second PS3 to play it on otherwise it might be a bit ridiculous to buy a second PS3 and game just for this(probably would have done it if i had to).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kiith wrote: »
    I've used 3 of those claws and never realised you could see the pattern on it. I've been using trial and error.

Wolf, wolf, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, eagle...nope.
    Wolf, wolf, whale...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, wolf...nope.
    Wolf, eagle, eagle...nope.

You get the idea :pac:

hmm I either saw something explaining puzzles or am psychic :p

when i got it just knew there would be a puzzle and that the claw would have the picture code on the back as the answer :confused:
    must have seen it somewhere somehow.

It does say in the notebook the answer is in the palm of your hand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Feel like an addict after playing Skyrim, but it goes away when i start playing again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There meant to appear randomly.

I've heard that, but the few I've come across have either been guarding a word of power (circling directly over it), or very close to one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mega ****ing lol :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-man-petitions-obama-to-destroy-all-copies-of-skyrim

Eurogamer wrote:
    Petition asks Obama to destroy all copies of Skyrim
    By Fred Dutton Published 25/11/2011
    And prosecute players "to the fullest extent of the law".

A concerned US citizen has petitioned The White House to destroy all copies of Bethesda's acclaimed RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and prosecute anyone caught playing it.

As reported by Kotaku, one B Stephenson of Tennessee submitted the following list of demands to The White House's We The People site:

We petition the Obama administration to: Immediately Ban the Deadly Videogame Known as 'SkyRim' for The Safety of America's Youths.

"Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

"Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

"Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

"We, the American people, today ask you,

To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as 'SkyRim' produced by Blizzard Entertainment
    To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.
    To prosecute the players of 'SkyRim' to the fullest extent of the law.
    To create a national database of videogame avatars and 'screen names' so that teenagers can be better monitored."
    Any petition that manages to attract more than 25,000 signatures from the American public within 30 days of publication will garner an official response from the administration.

The Skyrim petition currently boasts ten

Inbred Christian fanatics at their very best. :D

What is making people gay in SkyRim... also its a bit bloody cheeky of blizzard to rip of bethesda :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah it's definitely not some hippy twat masturbating furiously thinking about how funny he's been sending that off and getting it reported

nope
    definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/25/mods-and-ends-skyrim/

some mods that have been posted before and a few new ones people might be interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Feckin' love Deadric Quests some of em' are pain in arse, but the Deadric Artifacts rewards are pure awesome! So far I've got Wabbajack, Sanguine Rose & Ebony Blade. \:D/ I'm much really looking forward getting the rest of em' than shouts tbh.

Advertisement