Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

hmm I either saw something explaining puzzles or am psychic :p

when i got it just knew there would be a puzzle and that the claw would have the picture code on the back as the answer :confused:
    must have seen it somewhere somehow.

There's a note or something during the first claw quest that says "The answer is in the palm of your hand," or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

How its meant to be played!!!!

HvyXg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I play on Master and never fast travel :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i fast travel, because I don't want to artificially pad out the experience by walking across the same stretch of map five thousand times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Damn christians trying to ruin it for everyone else!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,290 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think its time to settle down and have a few kids

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

i fast travel, because I don't want to artificially pad out the experience by walking across the same stretch of map five thousand times
    How do you get ingredients for potions then :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How do you find new places?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

How do you know that your horse has had enough exercise ??

how do you find dragons then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

hypermuse wrote: »
    how do you find dragons then?
    They appear for me ALL the time when I fast travel. I fast travelled to the Mage's College. Walked up the ramp to see EVERYONE in the place outside walking towards me across the courtyard.
    In comes the dragon. It was my first Frost Dragon. Quite tough. Ended up taking him to the town away from the college. This happened to me twice since I ended up reloading the save file and the same thing happened twice. Exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Are some of the quests set that you need to be a certain level before attempting or you will just get pissed on? I decided to just wander up north and came across a daedric quest where 3 spiders take one swipe at me and I am dead. I am currently level 12 with no great weapons yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If the distance between locations isn't far - I'll walk it, might as well get the exercise ;) But if where I need to be is all the way across a mountain or on the other side of the world map, then I'll fast travel. Best of both worlds really.

pixelburp wrote: »
    If the distance between locations isn't far - I'll walk it, might as well get the exercise ;) But if where I need to be is all the way across a mountain or on the other side of the world map, then I'll fast travel. Best of both worlds really.

exactly.. its a fine balance!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Gnome wrote: »
    Yeah, it's literally
    the first quest in the College of Winterhold quest line where you get access. If you don't want to do it then I think it can be pickpocketed off him.

The end of the
    Forbidden Legend
    quest is worth it for the epic battle alone plus the reward,
    unified Gaulders Amulet,
    is fairly decent, I'm still using it at the moment.
    I found that quest line hard but enjoyed it and yeah, the reward aint half bad.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hehe, just got a load of mods. THey arent doing too bad for not having a dev kit.

So far I have High Res Textures, Nebula Night Sky, Realistic water, Inventory information (weight table), and Lydia is currently my naked house slave.

I refuse to touch any mods that help out my character at the moment, I like the quests and combat the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

i find the combat system dragging and not fluid. am i correct to say there is no combination moves for weapons and stuff ?

played 2 hrs of it, and its just too tired playing the fights. just lots of ''oooh' 'ahhh' sounds and 1 slash move repeated all over again and and that's it.

i might as well play Diablo 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont fast travel everywhere every time, I go exploring in bursts. I spent 2-3 hours last week swimming around the seas of the north trying to find underwater surprises.
    there's ****ing nothing.

but if im coming out of a dungeon laden up with ammo and weapons, **** yeah i'm fast travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Got around to getting the smithing skills up and made the dragon bone armour and upgraded it to legendary. Have my Heavy Armour skill maxed already, so now my armour rating is 782 :D Just need to get a few deadra hearts for the deadra armour and it'll be over 800.
    i dont fast travel everywhere every time, I go exploring in bursts. I spent 2-3 hours last week swimming around the seas of the north trying to find underwater surprises.
    there's ****ing nothing.

but if im coming out of a dungeon laden up with ammo and weapons, **** yeah i'm fast travelling

Easy way to see underwater, on xbox anyway...
    If you keep the water level near the centre of the screen you can look down into the sea and everything is lit up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Question about the Barbus quest if anyone knows it.
    the talking dog fella. I did half the quest with him, met his god and got a second quest to go with him and get some thing but I didn't go straight there and in the meantime I told him to bugger off. Just wondering if anyone knows where he hangs out when you send him away. I have 2 houses, one in whiteun and one in markarth and he 'aint in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

mewso wrote: »
    Question about the Barbus quest if anyone knows it.
    the talking dog fella. I did half the quest with him, met his god and got a second quest to go with him and get some thing but I didn't go straight there and in the meantime I told him to bugger off. Just wondering if anyone knows where he hangs out when you send him away. I have 2 houses, one in whiteun and one in markarth and he 'aint in either.

could be in the location you got the second part of the quest. AFAIK you dont actually you dont need him to complete the retrieval part of the quest. the reward for this is pretty awesome.

PandyAndy wrote: »

Easy way to see underwater, on xbox anyway...
    If you keep the water level near the centre of the screen you can look down into the sea and everything is lit up

yea its very easy to do but I like the sense of adventure and exploration..

diving as deep as I can to see if there are any underwater caves!

On one little island up in northern sea I got up on there was a snow bear.. I though.. I'll have him!! next thing there was 3 of them..

cue me running away like a little girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Just a couple of (possibly massive) screenshots of me fighting a dragon.

ScreenShot15.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

leonil7 wrote: »
    i find the combat system dragging and not fluid. am i correct to say there is no combination moves for weapons and stuff ?

played 2 hrs of it, and its just too tired playing the fights. just lots of ''oooh' 'ahhh' sounds and 1 slash move repeated all over again and and that's it.

i might as well play Diablo 3.
    Then play a mage, we get multi-choice "tick the box" options as to how the bad guys will die today. Will it be fire, or lecky or ice or will i get inventive :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Going in for the kiss of death in the 2nd photo? :P

Can you become a Thane of each Hold?
    Im currently Thane of Winterhold and Whiterun and have the special weapons for each..would like to collect the weapon for each Hold if its possible.

Across the 2 of my characters i have gotten 5 Daedric Artifacts looking forward to getting more,really enjoy those quests.

DeVore wrote: »
    Then play a mage, we get multi-choice "tick the box" options as to how the bad guys will die today. Will it be fire, or lecky or ice or will i get inventive :)

DeV.

Love the way some bodies have ice shards sticking through them!:-D

I use fire myself but my companion uses ice magic normally.!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Exellent haha must try it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

another one here,I think it might only happen in that bar though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I knew this translated between dragontongue and english, but I was NOT prepared for the third translation:

I think my head just exploded.

Advertisement