Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Killed a mammoth early doors, now refuse too after they helped me take down 2 dragons in quick succession, even a giant helped.

they are now on my protected species lists, also quite ****ing awesome how it all happened. Dragon appeared as i was walking and 2 mammoths 3 bandits and a giant helped me take it down. Then another appeared with a name? Nepralim? and they helped me take that down too.

Pissed me off noone in the fricking town i saved 20 feet away acknowledged my actions, tempted to turn to the dark side and murder that town!
    As i ran away from the mammoth I came across a fort/castle and the residents of the castle decided to help the mammoth and attack me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

SK1979 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked but don't wanna trawl through 4000 posts for fear of spoilers but is the ps3 version ok now? Has that issue with lag been fixed?

Cheers.

I havent been able to play mine on the ps3 in over a week, :mad: save file is just over 8kb and it craps out after a few minuets. Better fix this lag.Disgrace how they even released the game in this state on the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

There's meant to be a patch within the next week... Really hope they fix the glitch that is stopping me from playing the main quest :rolleyes:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You have to fight them again.then the amulet is released.

DeV.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Loving this game but got a weird bug, went to reforge some dudes amulet and Esbern and Delphine showed up and promptly died :(

No reason for them to be there and now they are dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Based upon previous reviews and benchmarks for fallout 3 using Crossfire 5770s, I've gone and decided to purchase the second Vapor-X 5770 for my system finally. Driver bla bla bla aside I wager my framerate can only get faster, according to most of the benches twin 5770s will usually give me a 30-50% boost in performance. depending on the title.

gn-0000.jpg:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Disgrace how they even released the ps3.

I agree.

;D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is too easy. I picked a thief Mage load out, so with invis, stealth, backstab x15 = near instant kill for almost everything. It's kind of funny killing the end boss and watching their whole army you were supposed to wade through just die.

For the harder stuff I just summon an elemental and sit back and watch. Likewise with killing dragons, i just bring them to a city and watch the guards kill them.

So I own 2 houses, thieves guild, nightingale sanctuary, mages guild and a couple 100k in gold. Actually have a stockpile of stuff because I can't get enough vendors to sell to. 4 dragon souls and 10 words learnt.

Approx 16 hours gameplay so far.

Hobbes wrote: »
    It is too easy. I picked a thief Mage load out, so with invis, stealth, backstab x15 = near instant kill for almost everything. It's kind of funny killing the end boss and watching their whole army you were supposed to wade through just die.

For the harder stuff I just summon an elemental and sit back and watch. Likewise with killing dragons, i just bring them to a city and watch the guards kill them.

So I own 2 houses, thieves guild, nightingale sanctuary, mages guild and a couple 100k in gold. Actually have a stockpile of stuff because I can't get enough vendors to sell to. 4 dragon souls and 10 words learnt.

playing on master difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Hobbes wrote: »

Yes but are you enjoying it? Are you into the story and generally having fun? All of those things you have are there for the taking, including an OP skill set. But it's all about how much fun your having! Right now I'm going out at night as a werewolf killing everything that I wouldn't normally be allowed to. It's class craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Overheal wrote: »
    playing on master difficulty?

Playing on whatever the default is. I doubt it would it change much (just slow you down until you get that combo).

I mean combat at the moment is next to impossible as I boosted stats to get this setup, so without stealth invis attack I normally die in 2-3 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

default DEFAULT! thou arst not a dragonborn in mine eyes :p get it up to master ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm playing on adept again in my second runthrough, 1hander and shield this time in place of a sneaky archer. And its far more difficult, and far funnier with the shield maxxed out and that shield charge perk/talent - knockin 'em over like bowling pins is just pure class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

think i'm sick of this game now

level 49, just about 100 hours in.. got a good run with it, but i cant bring myself to play for longer than a half hour.. and all the dungeons are just retarded. i can pretty much just auto walk through them lazily swinging my sword and I might come across an end boss that actually makes me raise my shield if i'm lucky.

ill probably do a new character in a few months, i doubt i've even been to half the dungeons/areas possible so at least a second playthrough will have lots of new stuff to enjoy.

have you got it on master difficulty? if you have it on pc look for some mods as well

aye, have it on master. expert was proving too easy so I bumped it up a few days ago. no change at all.

i havent seen many mods that change the difficulty of the game, guess i'll have a look

--edit

the game doesnt seem very well balanced. if you play it "properly" and create a maxed character in whatever skillset.. it just becomes too simple

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

think i'm sick of this game now

level 49, just about 100 hours in.. got a good run with it, but i cant bring myself to play for longer than a half hour.. and all the dungeons are just retarded. i can pretty much just auto walk through them lazily swinging my sword and I might come across an end boss that actually makes me raise my shield if i'm lucky.

ill probably do a new character in a few months, i doubt i've even been to half the dungeons/areas possible so at least a second playthrough will have lots of new stuff to enjoy.

too much of a good thing will do that to ya :'(,they need to release that mod kit asap!!!!

think i saw a mod for increasing dragon difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

Is the lag on skyrim only a ps3 problem?. I have ps3 and xbox360, but i don't have a broadband connection's, so can't get the patch :( .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven't played Skyrim, and I fully intend to soon.

And Tim Roger's 'stream of consciousness' tendencies can be exhausting.

But this is a great (tongue-in-cheek) article about everything that's wrong with Elder Scrolls.

Especially the beyond woeful writing.

So we've gone from one extreme to the next? One-hit skeletons, from Level-scaling rats.

• Advertisement

I haven't played Skyrim, and I fully intend to soon.

And Tim Roger's 'stream of consciousness' tendencies can be exhausting.

But this is a great (tongue-in-cheek) article about everything that's wrong with Elder Scrolls.

Especially the beyond woeful writing.

i dunno, i read that a couple of days ago and while he does make the occasional good point most of it is absolute bollocks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

i dunno, i read that a couple of days ago and while he does make the occasional good point most of it is absolute bollocks

I think his 'gimmick' is writing absolute bollocks :P

But I totally agree with all his points (based on Oblivion, of course) on character creations, the silly fantasy writing and combat. And also the absurdity of universal acclaim.

Not that it's going to put me off playing it when I get some time and money. Just nice to read an opinion (however satirical) that doesn't read like a press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

on an even lighter note..

5912542545AFB6FF807F143EF9310E9887EA2618

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

But I totally agree with all his points (based on Oblivion, of course) on character creations, the silly fantasy writing and combat. And also the absurdity of universal acclaim.
    Honestly the writing in that article is atrocious. Most of his points are poorly developed, for example:
    6. Dragons are jerks
    His points are:
    (a) When fighting dragons you can accidentally hit other people.
    (b) Dragons can appear randomly and can then kill you.

I really don't see how these are flaws.

To be honest his largest point, about the writing, is the poorest one. Some of his points include:
    1. NPCs who we haven't met yet can talk about things we don't know about.
    2. Some of the names are foreign sounding.

The only relevant point in the whole article and the one I'd agree with, is that the NPCs do have a funny way of dumping their entire life story on you. The main story isn't Proust, fair enough, but I don't think it really matters. It's interesting enough, better than the average fantasy story and frames the quests quite well, in fact it avoids some cliches that I was expecting:
    The dragons aren't secretly being controlled by some dark mage bent on conquest.
    It's a blend of Celtic and Norse myth which manages to quite different in feel to Tolkien.
    The Daedra aren't just evil. They aren't even "ambiguous but actually evil and indifferent", they're genuinely just indifferent to things outside their sphere of influence.

Overall I'd agree with Sir Digby, the article just seems to be trying to come with things that a bad in order to fill out an article. The game has some bad points, but overall it is very good.

Overall I'd agree with Sir Digby, the article just seems to be trying to come with things that a bad in order to fill out an article.
    Read the intro again, he states as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DeVore wrote: »
    You have to fight them again.then the amulet is released.

DeV.

The 3 ghosts killed them :(

Had to reload an old save and it happened again, had to leave the dungeon to get them outside.

On the bright side have the Amulet of Garuldr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Did anyone manage to collect all of the Dragon Preist masks? You get a nice surprise

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zillah wrote: »
    The third one is very clever, I could buy all of it except the last line, doesn't match up very well at all.

I remember seeing something similar with some heavy metal music being subtitled with hilariously innapropriate lyrics.

sounds like you played too much mr digby, or should have levelled everything like me! taking it nice and slow to make it last months...

well hard not too with new counter strike, new dota mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Does having Lydia following you decrease your ability to stealth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Does having Lydia following you decrease your ability to stealth?
    Yeah she wrecks it, best go on your own if you want to stealth.

Advertisement