Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'd just like to point out that companions are immortal when it comes to other NPCs. The only person that can kill a companion permanently is you
    You killed your wife.
    You killed Lydia.
    Now you're looking for your third victim. You monster.

Maybe next time be more careful where you're hurling that warhammer/fireball.

EDIT: Oh wait, your wife is alive. For some reason I thought this was your second wife. Well, you killed Lydia.[/Quote]

Was fighting a couple of bears she was doing well but I used my th'um maybe she got stuck in the crossfire but I couldnt find her after that... still have a few people to do my bidding for me so im not too worried ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

danthefan wrote: »
    Ehh, what? Lydia can be killed by enemies.

No she cannot. You murdered her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

justryan wrote: »
    That's funny I used the animal allegiance shout before and not one animal came to my aid :(

Same, never used it again.

Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath are the only shouts I use, and I have a good few others unlocked too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't understand the Forsworn, I hate them. They always attacked me, then I got sent to prison, freed their king and started a revolt for them...and they still try to kill me !
    Ungrateful !!
    The prison break mission itself is pretty cool though :)
    Yeah ditto, the forsworn were a source of some agitation in that area before happening across their ruler - which is precisely why having freed the King, I killed him & his brethren before they caused too much carnage escaping through Markarth. I take it then that even if you let him live you get no peace from the Forsworn, or missions from their king?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Zillah wrote: »
    No she cannot. You murdered her.

no, they can die because of enemies. they usually ignore companions when they are low health and drop to a knee, but they can still kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah ditto, the forsworn were a source of some agitation in that area before happening across their ruler - which is precisely why having freed the King, I killed him & his brethren before they caused too much carnage escaping through Markarth. I take it then that even if you let him live you get no peace from the Forsworn, or missions from their king?

Nope, I don't even know where he's run off to now, they still try kill me at every chance still :P

Just came accross this

The guy below has loads of large scale AI battles :D
    Below is 55 bandits vs 2/3 Forsworn warlords

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Same, never used it again.

Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath are the only shouts I use, and I have a good few others unlocked too.
    You should try storm call, cleared out a fortress top of forsworn for me after they discovered me lurking, took down everyone except a briarheart... who i pickpocketed his briarheart and he dropped dead :cool:
    Also Marked for death is really handy against those dragon priests and slow time can save your arse if your in a particulary hairy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I found an Elder Scroll :D totally by accident aswel!!

Have any of ye discovered Blackwater yet???

I'll spoiler the juicy bits if you aint been there but its an amazing place!!
    Its basically this huge underground cavern, its massive!! Loads of things to mine aswel including a type of ore called Geode... When you mine the geode vein you get soul gems.. All the way from petty soul gems up to black soul gems!! Bleeding deadly!!

I also managed to acquire the elder scroll while I was down there

I accidentally discovered blackwater when I stumbbled upon some old mans little cave
    just north of winterhold college (theres an old ritual ground type thing just north of winterhold and your mans cave is further north again).

He gave me a sphere to get access to blackwater and a Cube to decipher which led to collecting an elder scroll!!
    I dont have a breeze as to what I'm supposed to do with it!

I spent hours in blackwater, practically the whole weekend in there!!

You should try storm call....

I haven't got Storm Call...

I have Unrelenting force, Whirlwind Sprint Fire Breath, Frost Breath, the animal one, Dismay, Disarm, Calm (or something), Mark of Death and maybe one or 2 more.

Can you find Storm Call without doing the main quest, cause I haven't touched the main quest?

hypermuse wrote: »
    I found an Elder Scroll :D totally by accident aswel!!

Have any of ye discovered Blackwater yet???

I'll spoiler the juicy bits if you aint been there but its an amazing place!!
    Its basically this huge underground cavern, its massive!! Loads of things to mine aswel including a type of ore called Geode... When you mine the geode vein you get soul gems.. All the way from petty soul gems up to black soul gems!! Bleeding deadly!!

I also managed to acquire the elder scroll while I was down there

I accidentally discovered blackwater when I stumbbled upon some old mans little cave
    just north of winterhold college (theres an old ritual ground type thing just north of winterhold and your mans cave is further north again).

He gave me a sphere to get access to blackwater and a Cube to decipher which led to collecting an elder scroll!!
    I dont have a breeze as to what I'm supposed to do with it!

I spent hours in blackwater, practically the whole weekend in there!!
    Thats one of the main missions
    Parthanax gives it to you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Crossfire performance drivers for HD 6000 series card 11.11b is out, if you have a single GPU no need to bother as 11.11a is the same. Still nothing for HD 5000 series crossfire setups, for shame AMD.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalyst-1111b-performance.aspx

wasn't having any issues with my 2 6870's , but I'll give it a go anyways :)

Quick question though, do you normally uninstall everything from ATI when updating your drivers and CAPs ? ....or just install over them.
    Just I notice them all in the registry still, and having to disable EnableUlps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anyone got any experiences with the new update 2.21. Specifically the ps3.
    Hearing the textures are lowered to improve stability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

she can be knocked down and her health will be very low but the killing blow comes from you.

Lydia can be killed by other charcters. She was killed for me in one of those sphere mine missions never Winterhold, so i reloaded to try get through it with her but she was killed again. I never touched her once

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

cursai wrote: »
    Anyone got any experiences with the new update 2.21. Specifically the ps3.
    Hearing the textures are lowered to improve stability.

hope to christ this works. it froze on me twice within a half hour on saturday and i havent touched it since.

60+ Hours in now, level 46.

Doing the Thieves guild stuff at the mo, have it say, its not great so far, and I loved it in Oblivion.

Anyways, don't read this if you have done the Thieves guild. My question is:
    After Mercer Frey betrays you in that Drugar crypt, can I now kill people as well surely the guild rules are out the window now?

I am doing the mission looking for the Falmer notes, and I dunno If I can kill these guys in the Drawven ruins/Museum or not, they are proving difficult to sneak past. So much so, that I think I am supposed to fight them.

re above
    yeah, kill those ****ers

60+ Hours in now, level 46.

Doing the Thieves guild stuff at the mo, have it say, its not great so far, and I loved it in Oblivion.

Anyways, don't read this if you have done the Thieves guild. My question is:
    After Mercer Frey betrays you in that Drugar crypt, can I now kill people as well surely the guild rules are out the window now?

I am doing the mission looking for the Falmer notes, and I dunno If I can kill these guys in the Drawven ruins/Museum or not, they are proving difficult to sneak past. So much so, that I think I am supposed to fight them.
    The first room is city guards, you cant kill those or you will get bounty. After that its Calcemos guards you can kill those.

re above
    yeah, kill those ****ers

Well thank feck for that.

Have to say, mainly playing as a stealthy archer, and having a companion come along for a mission is a total pain.

That Drugar crypt with a member of the thieves guild was hell, I normally take out the Drugar one at a time from a distance, but this guy was intent on letting every Drugar know we were there at the one time.

Got attacked by 6 or 7 Dreadlords or Deathlords, and just about managed to get by while the companion spent the whole fight on his knees, downed.

Once I had them all killed, he pops up and says "and thus concludes the lesson"....wish I could have killed him, an ebony flame arrow in the face at the point would have been great to silence him.

Thats one of the main missions
    Parthanax gives it to you

Hold on there now.. So I just acciendently completed part of the main quest ahead of schedule..

I literally just met the greybeards (last week) and have yet to complete any more of the main quest after that.. said I'd do a bita exploring etc instead!
    So did I just complete part of the main quest before I encountered it then!!

• Advertisement

Hold on there now.. So I just acciendently completed part of the main quest ahead of schedule..

I literally just met the greybeards (last week) and have yet to complete any more of the main quest after that.. said I'd do a bita exploring etc instead!

basically yes, yes you did.

I haven't got Storm Call...

I have Unrelenting force, Whirlwind Sprint Fire Breath, Frost Breath, the animal one, Dismay, Disarm, Calm (or something), Mark of Death and maybe one or 2 more.

Can you find Storm Call without doing the main quest, cause I haven't touched the main quest?
    I have been going to the Greybeards and asking them if they found a word wall yet, Its not part of the main mission but you an just keep going back and they tell you where to go, the fella Arngeir will tell you as hes the only one who talks to you. If hes not in the temple he will be in the tower in the court yard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Regarding the Dark Brotherhood:
    Anyone know if murdering a city guard counts in getting the guild's attention, or is it just standard non-essential NPCs that count?

Still haven't gone anywhere near the main quest, and about 30-40 hours played. For all the game's openness and sense of freedom, it's funny that I imagine I could behave like an utter, total psychopath - kill, rob and maim everyone I meet - yet if I started the main quest I'll be hailed a mighty hero.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Regarding the Dark Brotherhood:
    Anyone know if murdering a city guard counts in getting the guild's attention, or is it just standard non-essential NPCs that count?

Still haven't gone anywhere near the main quest, and about 30-40 hours played. For all the game's openness and sense of freedom, it's funny that I imagine I could behave like an utter, total psychopath - kill, rob and maim everyone I meet - yet if I started the main quest I'll be hailed a mighty hero.
    You have to talk to Aventus Aretino to start the dark brotherhood quest, Hes in Windhelm.

I would think it's just an NPC. There are plenty about worth killing :)

May I suggest Mr "have you been to the cloud district yet ?"

Just read you can marry Lydia !! Boom ! In there as soon as I get home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    wasn't having any issues with my 2 6870's , but I'll give it a go anyways :)

Quick question though, do you normally uninstall everything from ATI when updating your drivers and CAPs ? ....or just install over them.
    Just I notice them all in the registry still, and having to disable EnableUlps etc.

Don't usually need to uninstall the old ones unless you are rolling back a previous driver version or you are noticing problems (In which case I would usually roll out driversweeper or something similar). Going up in driver versions is usually just a straight install on top of the old ones.

kinda

there's more to do there in the main quest from what I read, you just visited an area of the main quest. I was the same as you and just went there cos of the cave guy, but there was anb area i wasn['t allowed into which Iassumed was main quest related

You have to talk to Aventus Aretino to start the dark brotherhood quest, Hes in Windhelm.
    I actually haven't visited Windhelm yet would you believe (ditto Dawnstar & a couple of other locations); I know that in Oblivion if you kill a NPC unseen, then go to sleep anytime afterward, a member of the Dark Brotherhood visits you while you rest.

I have been going to the Greybeards and asking them if they found a word wall yet, Its not part of the main mission but you an just keep going back and they tell you where to go, the fella Arngeir will tell you as hes the only one who talks to you. If hes not in the temple he will be in the tower in the court yard.

I did that but havent gotten the first word he told me about. probably should do that as i dont have many shouts.

• Advertisement

kinda

there's more to do there in the main quest from what I read, you just visited an area of the main quest. I was the same as you and just went there cos of the cave guy, but there was anb area i wasn

Thats a bit $hite tbh.. When I came across his little cave it should have been blocked up or something.. Access should not have been granted!
    Seems a bit strange that you can just jump ahead like that!

Really love blackwater thou! beautiful spot!!

Advertisement