Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I did that but havent gotten the first word he told me about. probably should do that as i dont have many shouts.
    Its a good way to level up as you will be facing Dragon Priests, Draugr, Foresworn and obviously Dragons. ive been doing it for two days now Its great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Have'nt played in a good while but did anyone come across this locked: A building out in the wilderness up around the mages college, buncha skeletons outside at an altar and a draugr boss type guy in an upright tomb inside. I unlocked the door and started lashing arrows at him, anyway he runs out of the building and proceeds to leg it across the landscape instead of standing and fighting, I was chasing after him flaming the arse of him but he didnt get far..ran into a stony outcrop, got stuck and was burned up.

The AI do some strange things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hypermuse wrote: »
    Thats a bit $hite tbh.. When I came across his little cave it should have been blocked up or something.. Access should not have been granted!
    Seems a bit strange that you can just jump ahead like that!

Really love blackwater thou! beautiful spot!!

nah, that's the strength of an elder scrolls and even fallout3+ rpg. the world is "real" enough that you can actualy advance the plot accidentally instead of being sheparded through it.

although in this case you didnt actually advance the plot, it was a seperate quest altogether. in fallout 3 you can skip 2 or 3 sections of the main quest by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

hypermuse wrote: »
    I found an Elder Scroll :D totally by accident aswel!!

Have any of ye discovered Blackwater yet???

I'll spoiler the juicy bits if you aint been there but its an amazing place!!
    Its basically this huge underground cavern, its massive!! Loads of things to mine aswel including a type of ore called Geode... When you mine the geode vein you get soul gems.. All the way from petty soul gems up to black soul gems!! Bleeding deadly!!

I also managed to acquire the elder scroll while I was down there

I accidentally discovered blackwater when I stumbbled upon some old mans little cave
    just north of winterhold college (theres an old ritual ground type thing just north of winterhold and your mans cave is further north again).

He gave me a sphere to get access to blackwater and a Cube to decipher which led to collecting an elder scroll!!
    I dont have a breeze as to what I'm supposed to do with it!

I spent hours in blackwater, practically the whole weekend in there!!

I appreciate your eagerness to share and your spoilers, but the first two sentences are MAJOR spoilers!!!

I now know when I enter that place, I'll find said item... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

So I returned to Windhelm after leaving my Mage mercenary in Candlehearth Hall. I find that the Mage is gone. I'm just hoping that he got bored of waiting for me in Windhelm and returned to Riften and has not glitched out of the game:(.

Made the trip from Windhelm to Winterhold on Horseback, man it was a tricky ride alright. Ice Wraiths and Snow Bears getting in my way. Went to the Shrine of Azura before Winterhold. Looked really impressive I must say. This part of the game is quite beautiful in terms of scenery. I love wandering outside Winterhold at night during a blizzard:)

BTW does anyone else here think that Jark Ulfric Stormcloack looks very like WWE Wrestler Triple H?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So I returned to Windhelm after leaving my Mage mercenary in Candlehearth Hall. I find that the Mage is gone. I'm just hoping that he got bored of waiting for me in Windhelm and returned to Riften and has not glitched out of the game:(.

Made the trip from Windhelm to Winterhold on Horseback, man it was a tricky ride alright. Ice Wraiths and Snow Bears getting in my way. Went to the Shrine of Azura before Winterhold. Looked really impressive I must say. This part of the game is quite beautiful in terms of scenery. I love wandering outside Winterhold at night during a blizzard:)

BTW does anyone else here think that Jark Ulfric Stormcloack looks very like WWE Wrestler Triple H?

ya mean exactly like this :pac:

I can't see your pic unfortunately thanks to the bloody web filter at work but I presume it's somewhat similar to this one:)

hhh_display_image.jpg?1277064199

Just brought up yer pic on my phone, it's cool alright:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

PS3 UPDATE WORKS P:DERFECTLY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

cursai wrote: »
    PS3 UPDATE WORKS P:DERFECTLY

Any sign of reduced quality textures? Saw some people reporting this.

• Advertisement

Such a wonderous day, Aela the huntress is going to marry me :pac:
    Twas a lovely ceramony and we got free rings... moving into her gaff and I already have her cooking for me, I think im gonna let meself go sit in the sitting room drinking Black Briar mead and then getting abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Any sign of reduced quality textures? Saw some people reporting this.

No not really. Thought i saw slight blur but the thought might have been implanted in my head. Looks great still. SOOOOOO smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is the 360 update out yet, I need to install the game to my HDD, the load times are ridiculous without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Zillah wrote: »
    PlainP wrote: »
    Just got married to a woman and my carachter is female, left her and came back and she had money for me from the shop and a bit of dinner made. Lydia was at our wedding so i brought her off with me but she didnt last too long. Im afraid now to bring wifey anywhere in case she dies....

I'd just like to point out that companions are immortal when it comes to other NPCs. The only person that can kill a companion permanently is you.

You killed your wife.
    You killed Lydia.
    Now you're looking for your third victim. You monster.

Maybe next time be more careful where you're hurling that warhammer/fireball.

EDIT: Oh wait, your wife is alive. For some reason I thought this was your second wife. Well, you killed Lydia.

Who is this Lydia you speak of I am dying to meet her and make her my wife

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Any sign of a PC patch this week? Apparently it's to come out around the same time as the console versions. Some issues really need sorting out (especially freezes / lag on winXP machines like mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Think I'm finished the Dark Brotherhood questline
    Have killder the emperor and Armand Motierre. Have refurbished the sanctuary. The Night Mother gave me a shout to do another job called 'Dark Brotherhood Forever' or something - I'm assuming this is just a continuous job assigning thing and the questline is over?
    . The Brotherhood armour has also given me a bit of a fashion dilemma - it looks cool, but is it as cool as my much-improved elven gear?! These things are important, you know :pac:

Will probably move on to the Companions questline now.

Btw, I gave Lydia the flick. Signed up Marcurio the mage, best 500 nips I've spent in this game! :D

Almost 50 hours in and just hit level 25 last night. At 3am. Was in work this morning early too :(. Archery slowly progressing, taking out lads a lot easier now.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is the 360 update out yet, I need to install the game to my HDD, the load times are ridiculous without it
    I have mine installed since day one, never noticed any problems but the load time is still long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Such a wonderous day, Aela the huntress is going to marry me :pac:
    Twas a lovely ceramony and we got free rings... moving into her gaff and I already have her cooking for me, I think im gonna let meself go sit in the sitting room drinking Black Briar mead and then getting abusive.

Isn't she a wolfie too? Potential for some kinky sh1t right there!:pac:

Isn't she a wolfie too? Potential for some kinky sh1t right there!:pac:
    The pair of us are wolves, we can go frolocking in the feilds eating deer and people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Is it better to leave the Imperial/Stormcloak story line until after the main storyline and side storylines (companions, mages etc.)? Just afraid i'll end up killing some people i need to talk to to finish other quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is it better to leave the Imperial/Stormcloak story line until after the main storyline and side storylines (companions, mages etc.)? Just afraid i'll end up killing some people i need to talk to to finish other quests.

Have 17 missions on the go and seems doing 1 leads to others, so im just doing Misc/Theives/statues and nothing dragon related.

My main weapons of death are Frost Shout, Chain Lighting and a fire sword(got it from a statue).

Freeze, tase em, smash em with sword and watch em burn. Fully charged chain lighting can kill standard humans. Also launches them in the air so fun to use in the high areas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Vicxas wrote: »
    You don't need the patch to install it, or at least I have it installed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. I wouldn't mind knowing that myself. I'm sick of fence-sitting but dont want to botch up some missions because I chose sided TOO early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I chose the Imperials while I was not only actively taking Thief quests, but wearing the Thief Guild's armour too, so I'm not sure the game punishes you that much for taking sides too early :D

Screw the stormcloaks tbh, they just seem like a bunch of religious, bigoted, backwards zealots. Imperials all the way baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

pixelburp wrote: »
    Screw the stormcloaks tbh, they just seem like a bunch of religious, bigoted, backwards zealots. Imperials all the way baby!

At first, I thought I'd choose the Stormcloaks, and kick the Imperials out of our country, but the more I hear about the Stormcloaks, the less I want to side with them.

And it goes way back,
    Invading Skyrim themselves and killing and forcing the Snow Elves under ground, thus The Falmer, and recently kicking the Foresworn out of their city Markarth, for us to deal with :(
    they really seem like a bunch of tyrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whatever n00bs, I went with the stormcloaks. Ulfric seems like a nice enough guy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Any sign of a PC patch this week? Apparently it's to come out around the same time as the console versions. Some issues really need sorting out (especially freezes / lag on winXP machines like mine)

I don't think the PS3 patch was the full monty, just a stopgap to fix the chronic lag issue, the full patch for all three is supposed to be hitting XBL/STEAM/PSN this week all going well.

Overheal wrote: »
    Whatever n00bs, I went with the stormcloaks. Ulfric seems like a nice enough guy.
    Maybe, but the douche did Brian-Blessed to death the ruler of Solitude.

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm sure Hitler was a nice fellow at dinner parties too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

surprised at how many people are just auto jumping into bed with the imperials, they're not allowing the nords freedom of religion and auto rolling over for the thalmor, who are just about as racist and supremacist as you can get

Advertisement