Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to go Imperial until i went to Windhelm and heard Ulfric's speech to his general. Was pretty rousing to be honest, and made me think "now here's a leader i can follow!" :pac:

Still havent started following him though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

And a lot of people are choosing to forget that it was the imperials at the start who were going to behead you even though you werent on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Did a dungeon yesterday(part of a quest), get to final boss, and he disarms me, I see my sword fly off somewhere. So I equip another and after a bit I kill him. Then spend 30 mins looking for my sword, which I cant, so I had to do a reload...wasn't happy :P

Overall though, haven't been this immersed in a game so much in a long,long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

surprised at how many people are just auto jumping into bed with the imperials, they're not allowing the nords freedom of religion and auto rolling over for the thalmor, who are just about as racist and supremacist as you can get
    Yeah but I'm a Wood Elf anyway, so screw those idiotically hairy humans. Mind you, Wood Elves are no fans of the Thalmor either, which is why eventually, I'll simply rob them all blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

surprised at how many people are just auto jumping into bed with the imperials, they're not allowing the nords freedom of religion and auto rolling over for the thalmor, who are just about as racist and supremacist as you can get

The nords are racist too. Ask the Dunmer outside Ulfric's gaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Who cares for the politics ?

I plan to kill every Jarl and leader in every city after I finish the main quest :D

I will then pay off all the guards like I have been doing and then place all their bodies around my dinner table....mwhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Snakeblood wrote: »
    The nords are racist too. Ask the Dunmer outside Ulfric's gaff.

you dont want to be listening to him, he's horribly racist himself :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone wrote: »
    Did a dungeon yesterday(part of a quest), get to final boss, and he disarms me, I see my sword fly off somewhere. So I equip another and after a bit I kill him. Then spend 30 mins looking for my sword, which I cant, so I had to do a reload...wasn't happy :P

That happened me on a College of Mages quest. Was rocking my Ebony Bow, and some Overlord knocked my bow away as i was switching to my dual Firebolts, so i didn't realise i'd dropped it. 20 minutes later i press 3 to equip my bow...nothing happened.

Needed a new bow after that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah but I'm a Wood Elf anyway, so screw those idiotically hairy humans. Mind you, Wood Elves are no fans of the Thalmor either, which is why eventually, I'll simply rob them all blind.

Snap. I've always played with them, and they also look fantastic in this game.

......Which is why my secret wish is for Elder Scrolls 6: Valenwood. #toosoonetc

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

HELP!!!

I went to Markath and a bloke comes up and tells me to meet him in the temple of Talos. Its one of those "you're getting this note whether you like it for not" sort of quests. I investigate one murder and two people and get the main bad guy to try to kill me, unsuccessfully. I went back to the Temple of Talos (the quest tells me to speak to Eltrys) and he's lying on the ground, dead with two guards standing around him, doing nothing. (Weirdly the Imperial recruiter chose that place to pop up and remind me to become an Imperial).

Anyway, I looted the body but the quest hasnt ticked onwards. There is a quest near the body but its not reactive and neither is anything in the room...

Any suggestions?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm..
    the guarsd are supposed to arrest you and start thew next phase of the quest. did you try talking to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

From memory, the guy you killed before was an old man who was communicating the instruction of the Forsword king.

You go back to the original quest giver in the temple, as you say, but he's been killed by the 2 guards. In my game they arrest you (or you can say you'll never take me alive...but I couldn't even get near the dudes body to loot it regardless ) and take you to prison, from which you have another series of missions to follow

You killed the old man I assume and all his followers in that house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder if anyone can help me. I just installed latest patch for PS3 2.01 that supposedly fixes the lag issue. I went onto my gf's profile but there was no patch to download. If you install the patch on one profile, does it spread to the other profiles just like the original installation files? She doesn't have a PSN account so I thought that might be needed to get patches?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Same, never used it again.

Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath are the only shouts I use, and I have a good few others unlocked too.

Use the animal allegiance shout when fighting giants herding mammoths. Much fun ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I just installed latest patch for PS3 2.01 that supposedly fixes the lag issue. I went onto my gf's profile but there was no patch to download. If you install the patch on one profile, does it spread to the other profiles just like the original installation files? She doesn't have a PSN account so I thought that might be needed to get patches?

Thanks!

You updated the game itself with the patch.. not your profile..
    So the patch should fix the game from lagging on all accounts! I've yet to DL it myself..

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I would think it's just an NPC. There are plenty about worth killing :)

May I suggest Mr "have you been to the cloud district yet ?"

Just read you can marry Lydia !! Boom ! In there as soon as I get home.

You can marry Mjoll the Lioness from Riften also. You said earlier you liked her. She sets up a shop and gives you 100 gold a day. She is also one of the toughest followers you can get. Just be prepared to murder Aerin like i did...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Gaunty wrote: »
    You can marry Mjoll the Lioness from Riften also. You said earlier you liked her. She sets up a shop and gives you 100 gold a day. She is also one of the toughest followers you can get. Just be prepared to murder Aerin like i did...

Mjoll the lioness is an absolute beast of woman!! No stopping her!

I have her go around with me to act as my mule.. I gave her armor to wear which is all enchanted with increased ability to carry weight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

justryan wrote: »
    Who is this Lydia you speak of I am dying to meet her and make her my wife

She is in Riften.. You'll more than likely find her up with the Jarl ;)

PlainP wrote: »
    She is in Riften.. You'll more than likely find her up with the Jarl ;)

Riften? Whiterun you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Found a Daedric Bow earlier in the
    Shrouded Cave, west of Solitude
    . Fantastic.

• Advertisement

Gaunty wrote: »
    Riften? Whiterun you mean?

I got married in Riften and she attended my wedding, asked her to follow me after that. I just assumed she was in Riften because of this??

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I got married in Riften and she attended my wedding, asked her to follow me after that. I just assumed she was in Riften because of this??

Nope you get her when you become Thane of Whiterun.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Nope you get her when you become Thane of Whiterun.

I'm a Thane of Riften not Whiterun???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5014-How-Skyrim-Proves-The-Industry-Wrong

Great video by Jim Sterlin from Destructoid and The Escapist, sure made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

God his voice makes me want to pull off my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5014-How-Skyrim-Proves-The-Industry-Wrong

Great video by Jim Sterlin from Destructoid and The Escapist, sure made me laugh.

Jesus. I see things like that and I question myself playing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I'm a Thane of Riften not Whiterun???

You sure?If you killed the dragon in that part of the story your Thane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How you get Thane of riften? Can you get more than one Thane?

Seemingly im head of some wizard dudes and a Thane of Whiterun

Dave1711 wrote: »
    You sure?If you killed the dragon in that part of the story your Thane.

Yeah I'm positive it's Riften, have my gaf up there "Honeyside", was up the Jarl (shes a lady) and she was telling me how great I am going around helping everyone out and all and so made me Thane.

Unless....

I was up in Whiterun before and ran into Lydia and thats why she was at the wedding??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How you get Thane of riften? Can you get more than one Thane?

Seemingly im head of some wizard dudes and a Thane of Whiterun

Do the missions for the Jarl,
    kill the Skooma dealer and his suppliers

Advertisement