Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5014-How-Skyrim-Proves-The-Industry-Wrong

Great video by Jim Sterlin from Destructoid and The Escapist, sure made me laugh.

The man has the ego the size of a small town.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

isnt the patch suppose to be out today? (pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Headshot wrote: »
    isnt the patch suppose to be out today?

It is from what I heard.. Aint gotten home to try myself yet thou..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SeantheMan wrote: »
    From memory, the guy you killed before was an old man who was communicating the instruction of the Forsword king.

You go back to the original quest giver in the temple, as you say, but he's been killed by the 2 guards. In my game they arrest you (or you can say you'll never take me alive...but I couldn't even get near the dudes body to loot it regardless ) and take you to prison, from which you have another series of missions to follow

You killed the old man I assume and all his followers in that house ?
    Yep. Did the whole house in. (quite funny as there were a group of us here and while he was going on and on about how I would never get out of the house etc, I was shouting "Once this conversation is over I'm going to kill you, him and her and then loot that barrel riiight behind your head :)"

I'll go back in and try to get them to arrest me. Never thought I'd be saying that...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

DeVore wrote: »
    Yep. Did the whole house in. (quite funny as there were a group of us here and while he was going on and on about how I would never get out of the house etc, I was shouting "Once this conversation is over I'm going to kill you, him and her and then loot that barrel riiight behind your head :)"

I'll go back in and try to get them to arrest me. Never thought I'd be saying that...

DeV.
    The prison level is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

The prison level is awesome.
    no it bloody is not

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was on my way to Riften for the first time and saw a dragon circling a hill in the marshes and killed him but for some reason didn't absord his soul. He's still lying there dead but never transformed into a skeleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

no it bloody is not
    Hahahah, yeah I spent a good while jus trying to fight my way out ..but had to be diplomatic and actually do the story part...go to this guy..get a skiv...a SKIV ?!!!...in elder scrolls ?
    hypermuse wrote: »
    Mjoll the lioness is an absolute beast of woman!! No stopping her!

I have her go around with me to act as my mule.. !!

Do ye get to ride her ? .....
    :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think when you don't absorb the soul it's because you killed that dragon before. For example, I killed a dragon at
    Mount Anther
    before, last night I was given a quest to go there and kill the dragon. I killed it and didn't absorb it's soul. That's the only time it's happened to me. It's the only reason I can see for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is there a way to remove dragon corpses, they're littering my cities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think when you don't absorb the soul it's because you killed that dragon before. For example, I killed a dragon at
    Mount Anther
    before, last night I was given a quest to go there and kill the dragon. I killed it and didn't absorb it's soul. That's the only time it's happened to me. It's the only reason I can see for it.

My theory is it's when they glitch out and clip the scenery because the only time I didn't absorb a soul I could just see a bit of his tail sticking out of the ground. I would be fairly sure the intent is a soul every time you kill a dragon. They are essentially ammo but then if you had every shout unlocked I suppose you wouldn't need them. At one point in the game I was down to one dragon soul and it occurred to me it would make sense if the likelihood of a random dragon attack may well be programmed to increase if you are short on souls. Would make sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

That caused me headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Absolutely brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm 24 hours in now, lv.17. Barely gone near the main quest, yet my quest list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer and longer...

There really is an insane amount of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Chuffed to see Mehrunes' Razor make a return.
    As soon as I got the quest I knew I was going to complete it, reforge the blade and then kill the Mythic Dawn guy. Still, it was nice to have Mehrunes recognise my nastiness and reward me for it. Some really nice stuff in the cave afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm doing
    the quest The World Eater's Eyrie and it won't allow me to move the middle pillar in the first puzzle room.
    Is this a glitch or am I just missing something?

Thank in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got into a fist fight with a guy with the
    forsworn
    quest, and while he does not seem to be able to hurt me it's taking ages to get rid of his life. Playing on master but when put it down it still takes ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Varik wrote: »
    Got into a fist fight with a guy with the
    forsworn
    quest, and while he does not seem to be able to hurt me it's taking ages to get rid of his life. Playing on master but when put it down it still takes ages.
    Took a while for me too, luckly ive been putting all my points into stamina so i could just keep power punching him.
    Them brawling bits are a pain in the hole though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've played for about 17 hours, I'm level 17. I've almost completely ignored the main quest, I've been doing a lot of wandering! I started the DB questline yesterday, but I keep getting distracted.

This game is likely to last me a while, since my gaming time will be a bit sparse for a while. Unless I'm...irresponsible...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Daughter of the blacksmith in riverwood put a hit out on me, when I confronted her about it she said she thought I was a good character, whats this all about?! I would of killed her but she's only a kid :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ScreenShot8.jpg

Came across these drunken revelers on my travels :)

Gandalph wrote: »
    Daughter of the blacksmith in riverwood put a hit out on me, when I confronted her about it she said she thought I was a good character, whats this all about?! I would of killed her but she's only a kid :(

Silly npc's !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You stole something from the blacksmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I'd be careful if I were you, she's actually a member of the Darkbrotherhood...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is why I love this game, picked a place on the map I hadnt been to yet, decided to go explore, set my marker at a place near Whiterun, set out west, came to someplace that looked interesting, ran across a bear that mauled me on the way, reloaded, went back to batter said bear and on the way spotted somewhere else I hadnt seen, veered off there and now am in another sidequest.

I'll still get that fcuking bear though...

bahahahahaha! fcuk you bear! he chased me again and I ran, legged it over a hill and what do I find? a giant and two mammoth :D I circled around them keeping my distance and they mangled the bear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Everyone at work under the age of 30 seems to be playing Skyrim, up from 3 :D
    UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
    Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
    Rare my ass, half the dragons I've encountered circle me like a vulture for a couple minutes then feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Overheal wrote: »
    Everyone at work under the age of 30 seems to be playing Skyrim, up from 3 :D

It's so freakin good. I haven't seen some of my friends in weeks. More so because they have the game too and can't stop playing :D:D

Love the constant updates on this thread too. Seems the game is more enjoyable knowing there's thousands of others having a great experience too.

Advertisement