Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads anyone know how to remove your custom waypoint? Can't see any option for it. thanks.

Met this owl woman outside a cabin. Turned out she has a secret she will kill for! Then these 3 guys with imperial armour obviously imitating imperial guards try to make me pay a fine. Love the randomness of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Click on the map to set another one, it will give you the option to erase the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did the prison break mission and somehow injured one of his mates and had to kill him, escaped the prison but lost all my gear :(

had to flee the city then go back and be arrested to enter the prison from the entrace. My gear all gone :(

My wife thinks i should be this pissed off :(

All my shiz is gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Had to bring some guy called Maurice to some grove he has always wanted to see while I get something there. Needless to say you could tell Maurice wasnt the adventuring sort when he wondered in the way of my fireball and then continued chasing me up a tower while I tried casting calm spells on him. It ended up one of my reanimated corpses spearing him off the top of the tower to their gruesome death below. RIP Maurice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Overheal wrote: »
    Rare my ass, half the dragons I've encountered circle me like a vulture for a couple minutes then feck off.

I like that, they circle while I hide in a bush wondering if they seen me!

Also why the feck can't I get married?! She commits, I arrange it, the quest pops up saying go to your wedding immediately followed by you failed to attend your wedding and Lydia's corpse sitting at the door :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like that, they circle while I hide in a bush wondering if they seen me!

Also why the feck can't I get married?! She commits, I arrange it, the quest pops up saying go to your wedding immediately followed by you failed to attend your wedding and Lydia's corpse sitting at the door :(

Did she leave ya at the alter and run away with the best man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Headshot wrote: »
    Did she leave ya at the alter and run away with the best man ?

Most definitely not! I was too busy being freaked out by the dead body at my wedding!

Plus he was didn't turn up....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I'm doing a quest and need help, when i get to saarthal cave (think i spelt it right) it says i do not have the key, its some mage quest
    i have to collect all these different amulet necklace items, i got all the other items for the quest except the one in this cave but can't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I think you get the key when you do the very first Mages guild quest. Not 100% though, all the locations sound the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Gandalph wrote: »
    Had to bring some guy called Maurice to some grove he has always wanted to see while I get something there. Needless to say you could tell Maurice wasnt the adventuring sort when he wondered in the way of my fireball and then continued chasing me up a tower while I tried casting calm spells on him. It ended up one of my reanimated corpses spearing him off the top of the tower to their gruesome death below. RIP Maurice

Maurice was a terrible companion. He got himself killed before we even got near the place. I didn't care much for him to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I'm doing a quest and need help, when i get to saarthal cave (think i spelt it right) it says i do not have the key, its some mage quest
    i have to collect all these different amulet necklace items, i got all the other items for the quest except the one in this cave but can't get in.

As B0X says, you need to go to Winterhold and do the Mages mission, they bring your to Saarthal and open the place up for you. You can then forget about the mages mission :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Uhhhhh ... ok that's messed up. That someone consciously took the time to set all that up, even in jest, is just a bit on the odd side.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

must have taken ages beheading them all, isn't it a random occurrence in combat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

must have taken ages beheading them all, isn't it a random occurrence in combat?

You need the perk and even then its only a 25% chance. Nice addition to have in combat though, heads flying all over the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just realised I've clocked 55 hours, only done about 6 or 7 main quests, still haven't gone near 2 locations (open areas like Dawnstar) and I haven't explored a massive chunk of the southern area of the map.

Yet my log is chock full of quests :pac:

Anyone know where i can get my Nightingale armour back? Lost in the prison and it really looks cool :(

Anything taken off you in prison should be in one of the lockers when you escape iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What armour should i be seeking for my destruction mage?

Arch-Mage robes, Morokei Dragon mask, and Magicka regen necklace is that i have. Plus a few other bits and pieces. That gives me like 250% regen or something like that.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Anything taken off you in prison should be in one of the lockers when you escape iirc.

Peronsal belongings chest was empty, and Evidence locker had only 2 notes i had :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Arch-Mage robes, Morokei Dragon mask, and Magicka regen necklace is that i have. Plus a few other bits and pieces. That gives me like 250% regen or something like that.

Yup i have them but i saw a vid on youtube of amazing looking mage gear, looked a lot better than what im using currently, then again im only lvl 22.

Just found the vid ,seems its daedric armour i need, now how the hell do i get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

At a crossroads in the main quest, I think.

Spoiler:
    Huge dilemma now after beating Alduin on Throat of the World. The Blades want me to kill Paarthunax. But...but...he's a good guy... So conflicted. Siding with my fire-breathing friend for now.

How did he manage to lop off Lydias head ? I fail to believe that a decapitation animation kicked in

He also stole my plan somewhat...but my collection involves every Jarl and leader :P

Dcully wrote: »
    Yup i have them but i saw a vid on youtube of amazing looking mage gear, looked a lot better than what im using currently, then again im only lvl 22.

Just found the vid ,seems its daedric armour i need, now how the hell do i get them.

To create Daedric you need to lvl your smithing to 90 (just buy iron ingots, leather strips and make Iron daggers...you'l be at 90 in no time)

You then need Ebony ingots/ore - there is an ebony mine full of the stuff (ill dig out the location for ye when I get home)

You also need 1 daedric heart per Item, (so 6 for a full set)
    You can get these on the Mehrunes Dagon mission, or some alchemists in Winterhold sell them randomly....rare item to find, it's what makes Daedric rarer than dragon.

The armor looks sick with the Nightingal mask :):D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can get my Nightingale armour back? Lost in the prison and it really looks cool :(

Could you get arrested again and search ? Isn't there a locker that holds all your items.
    Or you mean Forsworn escape ?...they get given back to you as you leave by the King I think...unless you fudged it up, then I don't know how :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    What armour should i be seeking for my destruction mage?
    Level up your enchanting and make your own gear with 'Destruction spells cost x% less to cast' enchants.

Once you bump your Enchanting skill up, x=25 and you can enchant 4 pieces of gear with it, in other words Destruction spells will be free. Even better, once you get the 'Double enchants' perk, you can do it for 2 spell schools. Right now I have Alteration and Destruction. I can paralyse a room full of people and fireball them to death without using any mana at all. Alteration also has an 80% less physical damage taken spell, so even bosses who resist paralyse are made much easier.

It's kind of broken actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Blowfish wrote: »
    Level up your enchanting and make your own gear with 'Destruction spells cost x% less to cast' enchants.

Once you bump your Enchanting skill up, x=25 and you can enchant 4 pieces of gear with it, in other words Destruction spells will be free. Even better, once you get the 'Double enchants' perk, you can do it for 2 spell schools. Right now I have Alteration and Destruction. I can paralyse a room full of people and fireball them to death without using any mana at all. Alteration also has an 80% less physical damage taken spell, so even bosses who resist paralyse are made much easier.

It's kind of broken actually.

Seem quite easy to become overpowered in this game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

SeantheMan wrote: »
    How did he manage to lop off Lydias head ? I fail to believe that a decapitation animation kicked in

He also stole my plan somewhat...but my collection involves every Jarl and leader :P

Yes there is a decapitation animation and it also kicks in on your followers. I took Lydia and marcurios heads off with it :D

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Could you get arrested again and search ? Isn't there a locker that holds all your items.
    Or you mean Forsworn escape ?...they get given back to you as you leave by the King I think...unless you fudged it up, then I don't know how :P

Yeah i failed that mid quest and it changed from Follow to Kill which i did, but the escape part didnt work when i left the Prison i was chased out of town.

Oh well i know where theres 2 other sets of that armour, guess someone has to die.

Advertisement