Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hypermuse wrote: »
    Seem quite easy to become overpowered in this game..

it really is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It always is in an Elders Scrolls game though. With both Morrowind and Oblivion, you could become unstoppable killing machines without much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd like the option to remove the backlog of quests and MISC quests from my list.....like you could in Fallout

Some of them just seems like a weight on my shoulder, like homework you know is there but don't want to do. And the fact that I know the reward isn't worth the quest at this stage as I've levelled up way past it beneficial.

So I've taken to trying to get through them all, the MISC ones first, but the worst part is...while doing each one...I end up getting 2 more most of the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd like the option to remove the backlog of quests and MISC quests from my list.....like you could in Fallout

Some of them just seems like a weight on my shoulder, like homework you know is there but don't want to do. And the fact that I know the reward isn't worth the quest at this stage as I've levelled up way past it beneficial.

So I've taken to trying to get through them all, the MISC ones first, but the worst part is...while doing each one...I end up getting 2 more most of the time :(

there is no such thing as an empty quest list!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

'I work with my mother, to sell fruits and vegetables....'

Must refrain from killing child......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

-Kenny- wrote: »

You can get a mod for that :pac:

Can she be killed by a dragon ? Surely you could drag her off to some giants or a frost troll to do the job ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

hypermuse wrote: »
    Seem quite easy to become overpowered in this game..

Smithing 500 daggers probably doesn't help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone else sell some things for lower than what they cost? for instance i have a potion the alchemist will buy for 67 but she only has 43. would you or do you let them buy it for the cheap price?

i like to cause it means that i got all of their money :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

anyone else sell some things for lower than what they cost? for instance i have a potion the alchemist will buy for 67 but she only has 43. would you or do you let them buy it for the cheap price?

i like to cause it means that i got all of their money :D

I have a few times but mainly because I have so much crap I was more happy to get rid of the stuff. I have chests full of homemade potions in whiterun because I can only sell a few before the alchemist there runs out of cash. All the talk earlier in this thread about how easy it is to make money confused me a bit as I was struggling to find anyone with more than 750-1000 gold each time. I'm not interested in sleeping for 48 hours or whatever just to have their gold reset. This artificial grinding takes from the game if you ask me but loads seem to do it. just like flooding the market with iron daggers.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    Smithing 500 daggers probably doesn't help matters.

yeah, the next time I play the game I'm not going to smith 100 daggers to level up or do the same with enchanting/potions. it ruins the game for the later stages as you get too strong too early

Can anyone explain the purpose of money though ?

Aside from buying a house, you basically find or are given everything needed in the game, armor, weapons, ore. I have about 30k and nothing to do with it....that doesn't include the presses and drawers loaded with expensive items I have in case I get an offer to buy the Blue Palace or something...

I only spend money on trainers at present

You also
    get 20k from the final Dark Brotherhood mission
    but I had no use for it so gave it all to the guy.

yeah, the economy side of things wasn't very well thought out
    buying potions or enchanted weapons to disenchant are the only real uses for money aside from training and getting on the property ladder

It's bright and shiny and I love the chink noise as I remove it from chests and urns. Who needs anything else from it? It's gold, the fantasy rpg staple. Just finding the stuff is fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You can thu'um them :pac:

I have a few times but mainly because I have so much crap I was more happy to get rid of the stuff. I have chests full of homemade potions in whiterun because I can only sell a few before the alchemist there runs out of cash. All the talk earlier in this thread about how easy it is to make money confused me a bit as I was struggling to find anyone with more than 750-1000 gold each time. I'm not interested in sleeping for 48 hours or whatever just to have their gold reset. This artificial grinding takes from the game if you ask me but loads seem to do it. just like flooding the market with iron daggers.
    If you do the Theives quest, the woman Talia i think has 5000 gold and there is 4 shops around the ragged flagon that always have about 1500, its my stop after every mission now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shop in Markath has 2600 and buys everything.

If you do the Theives quest, the woman Talia i think has 5000 gold and there is 4 shops around the ragged flagon that always have about 1500, its my stop after every mission now.

Which reminds me I can't see a way to tell if something I have is nicked. I can see it in red if I have placed it in a chest but once back in my inventory it doesn't seem to have any indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Which reminds me I can't see a way to tell if something I have is nicked. I can see it in red if I have placed it in a chest but once back in my inventory it doesn't seem to have any indication.
    In the top right of the infobox thingy it'll say 'stolen'.

How can you pick up bodies?

There's something oddly satisfying about using unrelenting force on a goat and watching it fly away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How can you pick up bodies?

There's something oddly satisfying about using unrelenting force on a goat and watching it fly away.
    Holding down 'e' (or whatever the console equivalent is), rather than tapping it, will pick an object up rather than adding it to your inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DeVore wrote: »
    HELP!!!

I went to Markath and a bloke comes up and tells me to meet him in the temple of Talos. Its one of those "you're getting this note whether you like it for not" sort of quests. I investigate one murder and two people and get the main bad guy to try to kill me, unsuccessfully. I went back to the Temple of Talos (the quest tells me to speak to Eltrys) and he's lying on the ground, dead with two guards standing around him, doing nothing. (Weirdly the Imperial recruiter chose that place to pop up and remind me to become an Imperial).

Anyway, I looted the body but the quest hasnt ticked onwards. There is a quest near the body but its not reactive and neither is anything in the room...

Any suggestions?

DeV.
    Same thing happened to me. Open up the console (assuming you're on PC) and type:

setstage ms01 100

This completes that mission and puts you in the next location. But you have to activate the next quest (which is meant to be automatic), so you have to then type:

setstage ms02 0

That worked for me. If you're on console, I don't think there's anyway to fix it.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Holding down 'e' (or whatever the console equivalent is), rather than tapping it, will pick an object up rather than adding it to your inventory.

See, if I had known that during the Dark Brotherhood quest, then I would've gotten my bonus.

OK, I think it's fair to say that Skyrim has pushed aside Dark Souls as my Game of the Year. Think my favourite event so far was a dragon attacking the College of Winterhold and getting his ass kicked fairly rapidly by all the mages there.

Actually - can someone help me out here? I was trying to do the Blood on the Ice quest, where you have to investigate the murders and have discovered that I need to get into a house, which has a Master rated lock. I asked around and was told that the mother of some house has the key, but when I went looking I discovered she was actually dead. Where can I get the key?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Orizio wrote: »

For anyone with this problem, it stopped once I finished the Companion's quest line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You can thu'um them :pac:

If I had a soul gem for every time I heard "guard might get nervous, man approaches with weapon drawn"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shop in Markath has 2600 and buys everything.

If you can invest in shops (speech perk around level 70 I think), the Riverwood Trader has over 11,000 gold every 24hours.

Because of him, I am rich. Rich beyond my wildest skyrim dreams!!!!

Using my mad wealth every level up on trainers....skill trainers that is, not fancy ebony footwear!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If you can invest in shops (speech perk around level 70 I think), the Riverwood Trader has over 11,000 gold every 24hours.

Because of him, I am rich. Rich beyond my wildest skyrim dreams!!!!

Using my mad wealth every level up on trainers....skill trainers that is, not fancy ebony footwear!
    Damn trainers only go up to 90... im on the bow and its gonna take forever to get 100 :( although with enchantments im 135 but i want that last perk dang it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Damn trainers only go up to 90...

Ya thats a pain.

Am 100 in smithing, and speech, sneak and archery are all in the high 90's so not too bad.

I might go and start smithing and enchanting daggers to so I can make even better weapons.

Using a Deadric bow, dagger and greatsword at the moment, all echanted with flame, I might need to enchant them all doubley.

Also, when I get enough hearts, I will make the full Deadric armour set, and doubley enchant that too. So many perks, not enough levels!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    So many perks, not enough levels!!! :pac:

Was a mod for that in Oblivion, assume another will pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

blocking thread now, people are finally getting around to nitpicking it. "Theres too much money and not enough to buy" or "I'm too godlike but I can't get my archery up to 100. FML"

Peace y'all!

Advertisement