Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Any who did the Dark Brotherhood final trilogy mission, can you please tell me if/how you
    killed the princess, the guard with the note and the emperor
    without getting a 1000 bounty on any ?

I
    dropped the statue on her head whilst hidden, but they all immediately knew it was me, killed the note fella in Whiterun out of view, still got 1000, and the emperor impostor...well...I was obviously caught as I was in the room with them...another 1k to pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Any who did the Dark Brotherhood final trilogy mission, can you please tell me if/how you

I
    dropped the statue on her head whilst hidden, but they all immediately knew it was me, killed the note fella in Whiterun out of view, still got 1000, and the emperor impostor...well...I was obviously caught as I was in the room with them...another 1k to pay off
    All the rest i got the bounty but the imposter emperor i was sneaking when he died and the guards only went after the girl. But you still get caught by yer man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

-Trek- wrote: »
    Anyone play the diplomatic immunity quest, I'm getting slaughtered by the guards. The first time I played it
    I smuggled in the minimum amount of weapons
    , not thinking too hard about it, needless to say I didn't last long :rolleyes: went back and gave
    that elf in the pub my full arsenal
    second time round and I'm still getting hammered :mad: any one got any tips.

I'm still adding spoilers I don't know if that's necessary but anyway.

Solved this, found out there is god mode

I fail at gaming :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skyrim just crashed twice in 15 minutes on PS3. I was only playing it for about 10 minutes before a loading screen coming out of a house in Whiterun turned into a black screen with just the level bar. Holding the PS button did nothing so hard to do hard reset. Reloaded it and 5 minutes in, it crashed again during a loading screen after I died. Anyone else getting this crashes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Really dumb question... I set a map marker but cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete it. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i haven't got any crashes since patch on the ps3 anyways. has it happened with any other games? try another game!!

im quitting after 78 hours of gameplay, restarting with a new character.
    im stuck between imperial and wood elf. which is best? i want a mix of archery/one handed weapons. i don't want mage or any magic this time, i can't chose or decide which is better, any ideas which race would be best for type of combat? i know wood elf are best archers but are they good with a sword or duel wield axe/maces?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

god damn wisp mother one hitting me

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

danthefan wrote: »
    Really dumb question... I set a map marker but cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete it. Anyone?

Try set another marker, it'll give you the option to Move the marker, Cancel the new marker, or Remove the old marker. Go with remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i haven't got any crashes since patch on the ps3 anyways. has it happened with any other games? try another game!!

im quitting after 78 hours of gameplay, restarting with a new character.
    im stuck between imperial and wood elf. which is best? i want a mix of archery/one handed weapons. i don't want mage or any magic this time, i can't chose or decide which is better, any ideas which race would be best for type of combat? i know wood elf are best archers but are they good with a sword or duel wield axe/maces?
    Woodelf for archery. I was gonna go Arch and one handed but never needed one handed. Archery is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SeantheMan wrote: »

I

I got away with
    killing the bride by shooting her from the walls while stealthed, no one saw me. With the first chef there were three people in the room, so after promising to let him live I closed the door and shot all three of them in the back before anyone could react. I stabbed the gourmand while he slept. The impostor-emperor I got blatantly caught and assumed there was no way to avoid getting seen there. Frankly I felt ridiculous enough pretending to be a chef while wearing a black and red leather outfit, crouching in the corner while the food was served would have been a step too far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Zillah wrote: »
    I got away with
    killing the bride by shooting her from the walls while stealthed, no one saw me. With the first chef there were three people in the room, so after promising to let him live I closed the door and shot all three of them in the back before anyone could react. I stabbed the gourmand while he slept. The impostor-emperor I got blatantly caught and assumed there was no way to avoid getting seen there. Frankly I felt ridiculous enough pretending to be a chef while wearing a black and red leather outfit, crouching in the corner while the food was served would have been a step too far.
    If you wear some chefs clothes, hat and some normal boots you get special dialogue commenting on the fact. Looks better and fits more into the spirit of the quest than turning up in your dark brotherhood gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The 'ElderScrolls' twitter account just tweeted that the 360 update will be rolled out over night and the PC version will arrive tomorrow.
    http://twitter.com/#!/ElderScrolls/statuses/141625303125606400
    360 update should be going up overnight. Steam update will be up tomorrow afternoon

1 minute ago via TweetDeck

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does installing it to the Xbox make any difference in loading times?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i now permanently have an ice wraith attached to my feet at all times, dont ask me how , but theres a frosty fog around my feet at all times and when i look down i can see it ................ iv tried reloading old saves makes no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Are you on the pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Does installing it to the Xbox make any difference in loading times?

Huge difference and patch is out tonight which will fix an issue with textures not loading correctly when playing from HDD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will we have to start a new game in order to see the effects of the patch? I'm playing on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Headshot wrote: »
    Are you on the pc?
    yup on pc , it makes no difference to me i can still sneak and stuff , bit of an odd bug is all

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yup on pc , it makes no difference to me i can still sneak and stuff , bit of an odd bug is all

Try changing sex. I had an arrow in my neck and couldnt get rid of it until I did a sex change

You just need to find a good surgeon in Riften.

http://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-sex-change-fixes-stuck-arrow-glitch/

No harm in trying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Try changing sex. I had an arrow in my neck and couldnt get rid of it until I did a sex change

You just need to find a good surgeon in Riften.

http://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-sex-change-fixes-stuck-arrow-glitch/

No harm in trying it

Never knew sex changes covered arrow removals too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so you got rid of 2 pricks then?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes, though rumours are that the textures arent as good then. it does speed load times though.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone get the Ebony Mail armour from the daedric quest????

How freaking cool looking is that , coupled with a hood and mask and dual deadric swords all red and glowy, on xbox so can't screen shot it :(

As always somone had a video , this guys doesnt seem to have the shadow / smoke effect on his that mine has when Im close to enemies :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the Ebony Mail armour from the daedric quest????

Trying for it now, how stealthy did you have to be or is that just talk and not a requirement.

started wearing the mara amulet and turns out most of skyrim is gay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will we have to start a new game in order to see the effects of the patch? I'm playing on pc.

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How does one start this daedric quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

anyone?

no.

Read Boethiah's Proving( found at Septimus Signus's Outpost).

It's called Booethiah's Calling, you need to read a book or find the cult. I found them by accident.

Directions here , no major spoilers that I could see if you stick to reading the directions which are the 1st thing you will see there.

Oh and you need to be at least level 30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

calex71 wrote: »
    It's called Booethiah's Calling, you need to read a book or find the cult. I found them by accident.

Directions here , no major spoilers that I could see if you stick to reading the directions which are the 1st thing you will see there.

Oh and you need to be at least level 30

Don't see any link there, if that's what your getting at :P

• Advertisement

Don't see any link there, if that's what your getting at :P

Lmao sorry might help if I pasted the link now wouldn't it http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Sacellum_of_Boethiah :o

Advertisement